Melbourne Football

Represent the Heart.

Mentor

http://m.footballaustralia.com.au/melbourne-heart-news-display/article/Representative-Group-Newsletter-No.3/78650/309

Representative Group Newsletter No.3

2:49PM, Nov 21 2013

SNIP

We looked at ways of bringing fans around the stadium together to make more noise and be more involved. For example streamers, placards, all of us standing up and holding our scarves for the club song or doing the Posnan. Clearly we want to develop a something unique to Melbourne Heart that will stick for a long time. Foxtel have been picking up too much of the away fans making them seem louder than us, which they’re not!

SNIP

#HeartBelieve

The FRG

When the fans get the right mentality, then they'll participate. 

Until then, they'll just sit there with their arms crossed shaking their heads at how shit we are on the field. 

• Like 1

Also posnan  :droy:

This.

However i do think it's a good idea to have something that is unique to us like the posnan is to the wanderers.

If we're ever winning going toward the end of the game, scarves up and singing SHT till the final whistle goes might work. Similar to what Liverpool do at the end of their games.

Have to be winning a game first tho

However i do think it's a good idea to have something that is unique to us like the posnan is to the wanderers.

Everytime we put on a shitful insipid display at home, come the 88th minute the players should be greeted by 8,000 turd cutters pointed in their direction. Now that's Unique.

Seems an awful lot of stuff about the "match day experience." Who's pushing that? Sounds like someone has their bee in their Santa Hat about it.

Maybe I'm a conservative old buzzard, but the match day experience I want is for my team to actually win. I couldn't really care a stuff about the rest - it will follow once we start getting some decent results.

I thought that the meeting was about increasing attendances and memberships. So that's what I wrote to the club about.

Back in your box JW.

• Like 2

Kudos to the FRG for helping to get SHT slightly shortened. Hearing "baa ba ba ba baa" boom around the stadium for 1 minute was really annoying.

I agree that the FRG doesn't have to talk about active support much, especially its fundraising. Though we don't want our club to start messing up active support like Victory are, so it's good to have some communication channels to discuss things about active support.

The match day experience is important, because it's arguably the main way most supporters relate to and experience the club, but I reckon the FRG should perhaps talk more about non-match day experience matters (it's hard to tell from the newsletter. It looks like the on field situation was discussed a bit, but not much). The FRG can be a useful way for the club to take the pulse, so to speak, of supporters and find out what our interests and concerns are. Hopefully information about the concerns and interests of supporters beyond the match day experience are getting through to the club via the FRG.

Edited by Murfy1

FWIW it was a YSIDE initiative to change SHT.

And all Active Support Discussion with the Club is done via YSIDE's est. channels of communication.

And personally I do see a place for the FRG in assisting and attracting Non Active fans which this club needs as much as Active Ones.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 5

Well whoever improved SHT, good work.

I don't know all the ways that supporters communicate with club management, but I guess the FRG doesn't have to cover active support issues at all. That's good, so hopefully other matters can be covered in better detail.

Hopefully the FRG covers more meaningful issues than face painting and celebrity supporters. I think it's potentially a good channel for communication, but I'm not sure we're making the most of it ATM.

• Like 1

I don't have relatives there, but my dad says Poznan people are the strangest in the country

I'd hand back in my membership if we start doing the posnan.

poznan*

just sayingIt's a shit city too

Just saying

Poznaniaki to kretyny Your dad knows what he is talking about!

Nothing good comes out of it....(except for lewandowski's short stint in Lech)

We considered them equivalent of Adelaide but worse

Edited by Jestr

For what its worth, the FRG (which also has some level of independance from the club) is really supportive of YS and what YS brings to the match-day experience. It was discussed at the meeting that YS (raised by FRG members not the club) has to fund and raise funds themselves to do banners, tiffos, etc. It was not put on the table that the club funds these things, but it was discussed that the wider supporter group could be made aware of this, which may lead to some additional funding to YS by the rest of the supporters, who get to enjoy what YS bring to the matchday experience.

My understanding is that the club is working to get YS representation at the FRG. This would be a good thing if it happened.

Also, and in response to JWs view that some supporters are only interested in what happens on the pitch ... it is obvious that the club is really focusing on other aspects during match day to particulalry appeal to families, kids and the social media savvy. i have no issue with this. The kids of today are the adult members of tomorrow. That being said, from a footballing perspective, it was discussed that we dont get enough from the coach in terms of tactical analysis, pre match discussion, player information and player development and particulary post match - hence the comment that the club could release more video interviews with the coach (specific to games) in a similar vein to what AFL clubs do.

In terms of getting the whole crowd involved in something unique for Melbourne Heart, if this eventuates it could only be a good thing ...

Edited by Torn Asunder
  • Like 2

Just to clarify a true YS representative will not be part of the FRG for the foreseeable future. We have our own avenues of communication with the club and we will stick with these.

Now my personal view is that for something unique that the whole crowd to get involved in has to come about organically and naturally. It won't come about from a committee it won't come about from the club. It comes about from the fans. Nearly all clubs traditions along these lines are from the fans.

Trying to force something to me just shows how desperate we are as a club to mean something, to be unique and to stand for something.

Give it time and it will happen.

Also I would like to add my displeasure in the excessive amount of songs used pre game. We only need one. SHT kept on low volume (If you want something for all fans to be involved in this is the closest we have ever gotten, except for "Aloisi Out" after syd fc loss)

• Like 2

Just to clarify a true YS representative will not be part of the FRG for the foreseeable future. We have our own avenues of communication with the club and we will stick with these.

Now my personal view is that for something unique that the whole crowd to get involved in has to come about organically and naturally. It won't come about from a committee it won't come about from the club. It comes about from the fans. Nearly all clubs traditions along these lines are from the fans.

Trying to force something to me just shows how desperate we are as a club to mean something, to be unique and to stand for something.

Also I would like to add my displeasure in the excessive amount of songs used pre game. We only need one. SHT kept on low volume (If you want something for all fans to be involved in this is the closest we have ever gotten, except for "Aloisi Out" after syd fc loss)

100% agreement.

I think that the club is eager to create a good match day experience for us. There are 2 ways that this will happen: on the field (without that nothing else will work) and some decent affordable ticket prices and better food options. We are tied into a stadium food deal that serves up over-priced generic food when we should be leveraging the multi-national qualities of the HAL with some great world food. The on-field performances are so bad that I don't feel like eating anyway, I don't know which variation of Heart is worse - play well and create lots of chances and miss them all, or play crap football? Either way this is the major variable on match day experience.

100% agreement.

I agree as well but I don't see a harm with groups (or commitees) trying new ideas and then letting the greater crowd, say, 'organically' or 'naturally' keep it going.