Melbourne Football

Represent the Heart.

Mentor

so what's the point of FRG if one of the integral points of match day atmosphere is removed from their responsibility because seemingly the club wants the final say rather than listening to fans?

PS: don't call people panic merchants because FRG haven't yet told us anything we don't know, nor has the club bothered to communicate either.

I call it as I see it

I remember the delayed KO against CCM when it bucketed, the Greek clicker dance music was played when supporters started getting into full voice. Nothing like a bit of crowd control.

Perhaps if there is another fan organised match day this season we can select not having songs played, and simply sing and chant ourselves.

• Like 1

My view is that for a club song (whatever it may be) to work, YS needs to lead the way, not an over amped PA.

then the club is going about it the wrong way. i know that's nothing directly to do with you, but if they can't utilize a rep group to communicate with fans regarding what the fans want, then what's the point of having the group deal with anything other than patting the club on the back and saying 'you're doing a great job' for fear of repercussion if the club don't like the viewpoint.

• Like 1

I think what TA is saying is that this music track/song thing is being run by the club rather than via the FRG.

That's why the e-mail address is membership@melbourneheartfc.com.au and not fans@melbourneheartfc.com.au.

So the club is going to pick and choose what communication conduit it uses.

I am more than happy to have no music at all, and more than happy for YS to make the atmosphere. Some things YS do will catch on around the ground and some won't; IMO that way match-day atmosphere will grow and develop organically and force-feeding by the club will probably be counter-productive.

No further comment except that I appreciate the efforts that TA and others are putting in to make the FRG work. Let's not throw out the baby with the bathwater.

Please, panic merchants, calm down.

To understand the FRG and how it operates, please read the Terms of Reference (posted earlier in the forum).

Cadete, I understand the club is working to bring a Senior member of YS into the FRG, which if it happens, will be fantastic, as everyone surely agrees that YS is an awesome an important component of the club's being, especially when it comes to creating atmosphere ... YS are a really important part of everything the club is about.

As i already said, the songs stuff is being run by the club. Anyone with an opinion on the matter should simply just email the club. Not being privy to YS's dealings with the club, I can only assume that the club will speak with YS before any songs are locked in.

YSIDE Core has so far always been blessed in our short history with a good line of Communication with MHFC. We have also been very lucky with our solid choice of representative for Club Relations

Therefore we have never felt to change such a situation that is and has worked so well for us... (And this of course includes taking part on a FRG.)

However I am glad to hear that the club will discuss such decisions with us before they put them into play...

Edited by cadete

1. Player walk out track   -     Paradise City/Guns 'n' Roses
2. Pre-match club song 2 minutes before kick-off (last year it was ‘So Happy together’) -   So Happy Together
3. Goal celebration track  - Chase the sun or nothing at all
4. End of Game (Win) Track- So Happy Together

• Like 1

1. Player walk out track   -     Paradise City/Guns 'n' Roses
2. Pre-match club song 2 minutes before kick-off (last year it was ‘So Happy together’) -   So Happy Together
3. Goal celebration track  - Chase the sun or nothing at all     ?
4. End of Game (Win) Track- So Happy Together

3 = So what happened to I see red - Split Enz ? - Has it been canned 

1. Player walk out track   -     Paradise City/Guns 'n' Roses2. Pre-match club song 2 minutes before kick-off (last year it was ‘So Happy together’) -   So Happy Together3. Goal celebration track  - Chase the sun or nothing at all     ?4. End of Game (Win) Track- So Happy Together

3 = So what happened to I see red - Split Enz ? - Has it been canned 

Nah not yet, they are just wanting suggestions

1. Player Walk out track: Nothing, fans to create atmosphere.

2. 2 minutes before kick off: True I do I do Ihttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl26nA58zTQ

3. Goal celebration: You give love a bad name (JBJ),

4. End of game (win): So Happy Together

You're taking the piss, right?

Why do you say that? What's wrong with being So Happy Together after a win? or playing a song by our number 1 international ticket holder after a goal?

• Like 1

1. Player Walk out track: Nothing, fans to create atmosphere.

2. 2 minutes before kick off: True I do I do I, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl26nA58zTQ

3. Goal celebration: You give love a bad name (JBJ),

4. End of game (win): So Happy Together

You're taking the piss, right?

Why do you say that? What's wrong with being So Happy Together after a win? or playing a song by our number 1 international ticket holder after a goal?

1. True i do i do is a woeful song.

2. Regardless of what the song is, there should only be one song played, That being a player walkout or 2 min before KO song.

Jesus Christ what's with the songs. We're gunna sound like a bunch of pooftas.

Let yarraside sing a chant for eg.

Oh when the heart go marching in....

If the whole stadium sung that pre game it would be awesome.

Even if it was a song pre game we all sing along to that would be great, but c'mon Bon jovi after a goal? Lol

• Like 2

What would people think of this for a walk out song? Skip to 0.50 mark: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaD6QtQA4tw

And for a goal song, this should be it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wKEO7LMYtI&feature=player_embedded#t=0 (orginally suggested by alex terra 11 on goal songs thread)

Wouldn't bother about the rest, just overkill tbh. Keep doing so happy together though.

Edited by kingofhearts

In the big picture :lol:  HeartFC HQ is also looking at what the mum's, dad's and kids will want as part of the so called game day 'experience' so music and entertainment will feature. Don't mind before, during half time and after the game but during the game it's more important for the supporters to be heard chanting and applauding and not be drowned out by stuff coming over the PA except for announcing the scorer. NO artificial bullshit please telling us to applaud and wave like muppets ;)

Edited by HEARTinator
  • Like 1

1- hearts going marching in (FANS ONLY)

2- so happy together

3- chase the sun/reach up (beats up his wife)/glad all over

4- so happy together

This one makes sense

1. "When the Heart go marching in" when the players are marching into the stadium makes sense. I don't think we need a song for this, we'll probably have a bigger (active) fan base this season so should be able to belt it out.

2. "So Happy Together" - some people for, some people against - we should at least give it another go this season. I just hope that they stop the lyrics on the big screen when they get to "ba ba-ba-ba-ba ba-ba-ba-ba..." it just look silly from that point on.

3. "Chase the Sun" is a good upbeat song after a goal and in the summer time it makes sense. Though with the euphoria of the crowd of a goal being score, you could argue that no song is necessary at all here!

4. "So Happy Together" - If we stick to it before the game, we should stick to it after a win too. What's better than a win at home for us to be So Happy Together, aye?

• Like 2

It appears they are considering scrapping it marty.

My suggestion is that we go back to turning our backs to True I Do.

Excuse my ignorance, but although I am a foundation member, I only joined this forum after our first season where the "True I do" song got scrapped, may ask why most fans in the active area turned their backs when this song was played?

Excuse my ignorance, but although I am a foundation member, I only joined this forum after our first season where the "True I do" song got scrapped, may ask why most fans in the active area turned their backs when this song was played?

I think it wasn't the song so much, but the way it sounded. It was a little too autotune, and perhaps a little too for getting people pumped up.

I still have fond memories of the song myself, and I recall the excitement of going to the game(s) with my family. It was more than just me too. Appears my son voted for that very song in this poll.

The overall opinion was that it was rubbish. Some thought it was the production that ruined its potential, some just didn't like the song at all

Because the song was shit.

• Like 1

Because the song was shit.

Just emphasizing.  :D