Melbourne Football

Matchday 17: v Adelaide - Saturday 1st February 7.30pm at Coopers Stadium

Harrison

1 minute ago, neio said:

We miss Cabrera, when he played we got it out it to his feet and he ran at opposition and created gaps for maclaren 

Now we just pump long balls hoping that the defenders stuff up like western United did against us

Spot on, the worst part is Maclaren doesn’t have technique to bring these balls to ground either.

Just now, Mr MO said:

I’m looking at further back in the play, I see Craig Noone loosing 6 out 10 balls or he’s rolling on the floor. We let Adelaide get all these corners.

Is Berenguer playing?

Eh, you simply cannot concede from three corners in one half. It’s unprecedented. 

Especially with three aerially commanding defenders. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JMSTEP123 said:

So where are we at lads?

Pretenders, not contenders. Hard to secure 2nd when we are this shite and others are on the up.

Something has to change 2nd half. That was rotten.

Pretenders.

I reckon we are done this season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is going to sound ridiculous at 3-1 down but I don't mind this 3 at back thing. Adelaide arnt getting through us. 3 set pieces have been our undoing it wouldn't matter what formation we play if we can't defend corners 

I'd take Berenguer off now, as he is useless. Put Genreau on and let him and Susaeta create and Najjarine out wide 

• Like 1

So disappointing, after what was a bright start.

Berenguer and Bouzanis both witches hats, Delbridge has been messy, Najjarine too predictable, Maclaren too isolated, Noone either sublime or absolutely woeful and set pieces have been a nightmare.

...all of this against a depleted fucking Adelaide who have also played like shit most of the half.

Very, very interested to see what Mombaerts does in the 2nd half because if he waits until the 75th minute to make an effective sub as he does so many times before, questions rightly ought to be asked.

3 minutes ago, Harrison said:

Eh, you simply cannot concede from three corners in one half. It’s unprecedented. 

Especially with three aerially commanding defenders. 

Nah, we invited Adelaide in the box with every turn over, some of them resulted in corners. Corners were good taken corners, perhaps we should take a direct corner for once.

2 minutes ago, neio said:

This is going to sound ridiculous at 3-1 down but I don't mind this 3 at back thing. Adelaide arnt getting through us. 3 set pieces have been our undoing it wouldn't matter what formation we play if we can't defend corners 

I'd take Berenguer off now, as he is useless. Put Genreau on and let him and Susaeta create and Najjarine out wide 

This.

2 minutes ago, neio said:

It’s not three at the back. It’s a back four with three central defenders. I wouldn’t mind a proper three at the back with two wing backs.

Edited by Harrison

2 minutes ago, Hanz said:

Approaching the 70th minute. We don’t look dangerous at all and no subs. We deserve to get smashed.

You can see why we are nowhere near challenging Sydney let alone looking like we'll even hang onto top 3-4. Way too hot and cold and probably why people don't want to come to our home games... 

We may have a new coach but it's the same shit different day.