Melbourne Football

FFA Cup - Round of 32: City v Roar, August 7 @ 7.30, Dolphin Stadium (QLD)

Harrison

17 minutes ago, Inchcolm said:

Is the game being shown live on TV? If so what TV channel?

Will only be on the Fox Sports Website "On Demand". So you will need a Foxtel Account to stream it. There wil be full highlights after the game for free.

Maybe someone might stream the stream, but we wouldnt know until just before the game

1 minute ago, haz said:

Will only be on the Fox Sports Website "On Demand". So you will need a Foxtel Account to stream it. There wil be full highlights after the game for free.

Maybe someone might stream the stream, but we wouldnt know until just before the game

Thanks, will attempt find a stream before kick off. If not try and aviod the score and watch the highlights

Bouzanis

Atkinson             Bart                   Malik                    Jamison

Griffiths

Bratts             McGree

Vidosic                               Tuna                              O Hal   

This early in the pre season? That is a very strong XI  Already I can't fit Cas into there and I actually think he is going to be very good for us by the end of the season. Mooyesque

Edited by Dylan
  • Like 3

I still think Brisbane will start slight favourites in this one - if for no other reason than the match is in Brisbane and we've already done a lot of travelling. If we do win than it will be a very good result for us and a good indicator for the season ahead given that we still have several additions to make to the squad.

9 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I still think Brisbane will start slight favourites in this one - if for no other reason than the match is in Brisbane and we've already done a lot of travelling. If we do win than it will be a very good result for us and a good indicator for the season ahead given that we still have several additions to make to the squad.

I still think Brisbane will win given the deep emotional scars this club has dished out over the years.

I wouldnt mind much about an earlier exit as long as we get a home state game, we havent had one since the final two years ago

2 hours ago, Dylan said:

I still think Brisbane will win given the deep emotional scars this club has dished out over the years.

I wouldnt mind much about an earlier exit as long as we get a home state game, we havent had one since the final two years ago

City 2 Roar 0

Looking at the 25 man squad for tonight's game and the A league players on the web site we look a bit over subscribed in mid-field. Do some of them cover other positions?

Goalkeeper

1.Dean BOUZANIS  

18. Eugene GALEKOVIC ,

42.James DELIANOV

Defenders

3. Scott JAMIESON,

4. Harrison DELBRIDGE,

5.Bart SCHENKEVELD

34.Connor METCALFE

36.Dylan PIERIAS,

Midfield

6.Osama MALIK,

7.Rostyn GRIFFTHS

8.Riley McGREE,

10.Dario VIDOSIC,

13.Nathaniel ATKINSON

17.Anthony CACERES,

19.Lachlan WALES,

25.Iacopo LA ROCCA,

26. Luke BRATTAN,

30. Moudi NAJJAR,

35. Ramy NAJJARINE,

37.Gianluca IANNUCCI,

38.Josh CAVALLO,

39.Anthony LESIOTIS,

Forwards

11.Michael O’HALLORAN,

23.Bruno FORNAROLI,

?? Gianluca IANNUCCI

Not in team on listed Melbourne city A league team

48.Mitch GRAHAM

Edited by Inchcolm

This was his starting 11 in the game against Kerala.  Do not think this will be too far away from the team. Can not remember the formation. 

1. Dean BOUZANIS

3. Scott JAMIESON, 

5. Bart SCHENKEVELD

6. Osama MALIK,

8. Riley McGREE,

10. Dario VIDOSIC,

11. Michael O’HALLORAN,

13. Nathaniel ATKINSON

17. Anthony CACERES,

19. Lachlan WALES,

26. Luke BRATTAN,

2 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Anyway, I'm going down the road to watch Bentleigh vs. Wellington. What a relief to go and watch some half-decent football without any emotional involvement or fretting over the result.

Cmon JW, you'll be checking in on the score every few minutes 😊

6 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Anyway, I'm going down the road to watch Bentleigh vs. Wellington. What a relief to go and watch some half-decent football without any emotional involvement or fretting over the result.

Cmon JW, we know your masochism is growing and youre about to jump ship to support the Nix so you can experience more pain.

24 minutes ago, Torn Asunder said:

anyone got any overseas streaming website suggestions, to stream the game via a VPN?

Im waiting too.

Reddit usually is a good source, if not people have posted live streams youtube in the past

Listened to WJ interview, he did not seemed that concerned about winning the game. It was more about preparing for the start of the league season. Could he leave some of our better players on the bench to try and find out how others get on against a A League team?

18 minutes ago, Inchcolm said:

Listened to WJ interview, he did not seemed that concerned about winning the game. It was more about preparing for the start of the league season. Could he leave some of our better players on the bench to try and find out how others get on against a A League team?

Ffs can't we have some ambition for once and go afterevery winnable trophy possible?!? Is it that much to ask for...