Melbourne Football

FFA Cup - Round of 32: City v Roar, August 7 @ 7.30, Dolphin Stadium (QLD)

Harrison

48 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

I'm pretty sure the WSW match was free. I think we had to print the tickets though..

According to this we received up to a 50% discount. https://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/news/ffa-cup-ticket-details-city-vs-wanderers

1 hour ago, bt50 said:

Tbh i think one of them was free if you signed up as a member, perhaps the Nix or WSW match?

Good memory there @bt50! It was the Phoenix match that was free to members. https://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/news/ffa-cup-ticketing-information

19 hours ago, Tony999 said:

So looks like I'm not the only one to try and get onto this piece of shit. Foxtel is just as bad as Optus Sport. Can't believe I've been with Foxtel for 3 years

I was with Foxtel for 21 years and finally ditched them this year the cost was getting out hand and when i tried to drop one package they told me my subscription would go up from $95 to $110 so politely told them to stick it where the sun don't shine.

26 minutes ago, Inchcolm said:

I know the game is all about opinions but what do have against O'Halloran.  I hope you are not a disgruntled Australian Rangers fan who will never have a good word to say about him

O'Halloran = Mitch Austin

He's good. I love seeing players with real speed. There's a real nice injection of speed into the team this season, which is great for us and opens up more ways to attack.

I thought we tried to move it on a bit quicker also last night. Bodes well for the season, especially considering we have more players to come.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Inchcolm said:

I was looking for the highlights online but could only find Bruno's wonder strike of a goal. Does anyone have a link to extended highlights?

The most I can find is 1 minute 40 seconds - on the FFA Cup site.

I've noted before that the last match to finish on any particular evening gets poor post-match coverage.

Edited by jw1739

18 hours ago, johnno cpfc said:

I was with Foxtel for 21 years and finally ditched them this year the cost was getting out hand and when i tried to drop one package they told me my subscription would go up from $95 to $110 so politely told them to stick it where the sun don't shine.

All I get is the standard with sport & HD = $39/month

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

Don't think so. To me that's all routine for Bruno. He can and has scored more spectacular goals.

IMO goals can be special for various reasons. This one counts as special - he knocked the ball up to himself and it was a good strike - and on the stroke of 120 minutes the timing was superb. As I also rate Erik Paartalu's goal against Victory - the header was nothing special, but to score in injury time meant no way back for MV and a sweet Derby win for us.

• Thanks 1