Melbourne Football

Ross McCormack

AntiScum

34 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Is there any update on Ross' condition? He was supposed to have further scans on Monday.

I think that Windley article said they were looking for a second opinion so seems like they got the scan and disagreed with the first assessment. 

4 minutes ago, haz said:

I assume Bruno won't be back until end of Jan then?

Not necessarily as far as Ross is concerned; if they can get a deal done permanently whether its under the cap or replacing Bud then he's right to go whenever with the visa spot open. I'd suggest that if its under the cap, that wont be 'official' though until Bruno is 100% ready to play because they'll be able to leave cap space open by paying Ross as an IR for as long as possible.

As far as Bruno's concerned, i think the minute they deem him 100% he'll be brought in. Current media reports have that as late Jan/early Feb, although i tend to think thats ultra conservative.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I'm not sure whether this is based on "new" information, but it indicates that McCormack has not been seriously injured.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/ross-mccormack-prognosis-lifts-melbourne-city-as-striker-search-looms-20171220-h0811y.html

Im looking forward to see how good Delbridge is. I wonder if he displaces Muscat/Malik/La Rocca if he is expected to be a first XI.

With Muscat out for 2 games, I can see Delbridge playing CDM, while Malik moves to RB.

10 hours ago, haz said:

Im looking forward to see how good Delbridge is. I wonder if he displaces Muscat/Malik/La Rocca if he is expected to be a first XI.

With Muscat out for 2 games, I can see Delbridge playing CDM, while Malik moves to RB.

Doesn’t he have to wait for the transfer window to open?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's coming up to crunch time for McCormack. ATM I think his injury-replacement contract finishes on 23rd January. The Transfer Window ends on 30th/31st January. If he wants to go out on loan from Aston Villa to another club for the rest of the season, he has to decide  and finalise that before the deadline. If we want him for the rest of the season then the same deadline applies.

12 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

It's coming up to crunch time for McCormack. ATM I think his injury-replacement contract finishes on 23rd January. The Transfer Window ends on 30th/31st January. If he wants to go out on loan from Aston Villa to another club for the rest of the season, he has to decide  and finalise that before the deadline. If we want him for the rest of the season then the same deadline applies.

It will be a balls up. The club won't know what to do and he will be left high and dry.

Aston Villa transfers: The latest on Ross McCormack Down Under

Gregg Evans

Updated 10:10, 7 JAN 2018

Ross McCormack will consider extending his stay at Melbourne City after taking his goal tally into double figures this weekend.

The 31-year-old Scot was due to leave on January 25 but discussions are in place to prolong his stay,

McCormack was signed on an injury-replacement deal and can stay at the club until marquee signing Bruno Fornaroli is fit.

The Uruguayan has suffered a setback in his recovery so Melbourne would welcome the presence of McCormack for an extended stay, especially as he bagged a brace this weekend.

Speaking recently, McCormack said: “I am here as an injury replacement, so when Bruno comes back I am no longer a replacement.

“But I knew that when I came here with my eyes open, looking to take it all on.

“As it stands, I think the club are looking to see if they can get me to stay on; whether that’s possible or not I don’t know.”

Villa would need to agree to any extension but it’s understood that there are no plans to recall him early and integrate him back into the squad anyway.

A bid from another club could change the situation as Villa would be willing to cash in.

At this stage, though, there has been no other interest.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfers-latest-ross-14122833

20 minutes ago, Murfy1 said:

Aston Villa transfers: The latest on Ross McCormack Down Under

Gregg Evans

Updated 10:10, 7 JAN 2018

Ross McCormack will consider extending his stay at Melbourne City after taking his goal tally into double figures this weekend.

The 31-year-old Scot was due to leave on January 25 but discussions are in place to prolong his stay,

McCormack was signed on an injury-replacement deal and can stay at the club until marquee signing Bruno Fornaroli is fit.

The Uruguayan has suffered a setback in his recovery so Melbourne would welcome the presence of McCormack for an extended stay, especially as he bagged a brace this weekend.

Speaking recently, McCormack said: “I am here as an injury replacement, so when Bruno comes back I am no longer a replacement.

“But I knew that when I came here with my eyes open, looking to take it all on.

“As it stands, I think the club are looking to see if they can get me to stay on; whether that’s possible or not I don’t know.”

Villa would need to agree to any extension but it’s understood that there are no plans to recall him early and integrate him back into the squad anyway.

A bid from another club could change the situation as Villa would be willing to cash in.

At this stage, though, there has been no other interest.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfers-latest-ross-14122833

The question is what would benefit Melbourne City,  Bruno and Ross playing together (2 proven performers) but might not click, or Bruno and a new #10 marquee who could be another Koren or Budzinski?   Hopefully Waz is smart enough to make the correct choice

More speculation that Ross is staying:

Aston Villa forward Ross McCormack set to extend loan deal with A-League side Melbourne City

·        Ross McCormack is set to extend his loan deal at A-League side Melbourne City

·        McCormack joined the Australian side from Aston Villa in the summer window

·        The 31-year-old has been in impressive form, scoring 10 times in his 13 matches

·        He scored twice on Saturday as Melbourne beat Wellington to move up to third

Simon Jones

8 January 2018

Aston Villa striker Ross McCormack is poised to extend his loan at Melbourne City.

McCormack scored both goals as Melbourne beat Wellington Phoenix on Saturday to climb to third in the A-League table.

It was a sixth win in a row for Warren Joyce's side, who are now 13 points behind league-leaders Sydney FC.

McCormack has been enjoying life in Australia since moving in the summer transfer window.
The Scottish forward is the league's second-top scorer with 10 goals from his 13 games.

The 31-year-old is keen to stay with Melbourne and has asked Aston Villa if he can remain at the club until the end of the season and then weigh up his options in the summer. 

Villa have been doing just fine in McCormack's absence and are pushing for promotion in fifth position.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5243867/Aston-Villas-Ross-McCormack-extend-loan-Melbourne.html

9 minutes ago, Murfy1 said:

More speculation that Ross is staying:

Aston Villa forward Ross McCormack set to extend loan deal with A-League side Melbourne City

·        Ross McCormack is set to extend his loan deal at A-League side Melbourne City

·        McCormack joined the Australian side from Aston Villa in the summer window

·        The 31-year-old has been in impressive form, scoring 10 times in his 13 matches

·        He scored twice on Saturday as Melbourne beat Wellington to move up to third

Simon Jones

8 January 2018

Aston Villa striker Ross McCormack is poised to extend his loan at Melbourne City.

McCormack scored both goals as Melbourne beat Wellington Phoenix on Saturday to climb to third in the A-League table.

It was a sixth win in a row for Warren Joyce's side, who are now 13 points behind league-leaders Sydney FC.

McCormack has been enjoying life in Australia since moving in the summer transfer window.
The Scottish forward is the league's second-top scorer with 10 goals from his 13 games.

The 31-year-old is keen to stay with Melbourne and has asked Aston Villa if he can remain at the club until the end of the season and then weigh up his options in the summer. 

Villa have been doing just fine in McCormack's absence and are pushing for promotion in fifth position.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5243867/Aston-Villas-Ross-McCormack-extend-loan-Melbourne.html

I hope Bruno and Ross play well together

1 hour ago, Shahanga said:

World class free kick taker. That one tonight was set up for a left footer. No worries, bangs it in on his right anyway.

He’s what running at about .75 goals a game? Handy return.

12 from 13 i think. He's missed two games.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, playmaker said:

Funny thing is, if he got some decent service he would have another 5.

I suggest anyone with kids should get them to watch his off the ball movement as it is brilliant.

Missed a couple tonight though. Unfortunately, but that's the way it goes sometimes.

2 hours ago, playmaker said:

Funny thing is, if he got some decent service he would have another 5.

I suggest anyone with kids should get them to watch his off the ball movement as it is brilliant.

And if he'd scored all the absolute sitters he's had, he'd be on 20 goals. He's been great, but there's definite room for more greatness.