Melbourne Football

Harry Novillo (gone)

n i k o

Can't be worse than Mifsud. Then again.....

miss fud had a better record before he arrived  ,JA not here so every chance to the french lad !

Agree. I sincerely hope he's a gun and he has wasted his opportunities so far and he takes what might be his last chance and proves to be a great signing. It's a risk but I think we can only benefit and if he fails to deliver then we havn't lost much. Not many uncontracted players around.

Fingers crossed.

football in Europe is big business as well as having so many players to choose from, and it easy for players to be missed, overlooked and forgotten about. The A-league is not as shit as what people make it out to be. Its fast, physical, tactical and the skill level is really improving. Novillo will need to be at his best if he is going to make any sort of an impact with us...

if he wants a holiday then go to the MLS... simple!

Almost every MLS team, at full strength and for points, would smash any A-League club.

Please refrain from pretending to know about things you clearly don't.

football in Europe is big business as well as having so many players to choose from, and it easy for players to be missed, overlooked and forgotten about. The A-league is not as shit as what people make it out to be. Its fast, physical, tactical and the skill level is really improving. Novillo will need to be at his best if he is going to make any sort of an impact with us...

Almost every MLS team, at full strength and for points, would smash any A-League club.

Please refrain from pretending to know about things you clearly don't. Where in that post does he say a league teams > mls teams?

And another thing ive been meaning to ask, aren't you the one with the melbourne heart logo tattoo?

Since he was released in January I wonder what level of fitness he has. Presumably he won't play this weekend but may see some game time in about two matches. unfortunately, he has arrived after the NYL has finished otherwise he could be shipped there to get some fitness.

Since mutual release with Clermont Foot Auvergne 63 he played a trial match with Nottingham Forest vs. Spurs behind closed doors and then was on trial with St. Etienne (Ligue 1) so I'd say fitness won't be an issue.

Since he was released in January I wonder what level of fitness he has. Presumably he won't play this weekend but may see some game time in about two matches. unfortunately, he has arrived after the NYL has finished otherwise he could be shipped there to get some fitness.

Since mutual release with Clermont Foot Auvergne 63 he played a trial match with Nottingham Forest vs. Spurs behind closed doors and then was on trial with St. Etienne (Ligue 1) so I'd say fitness won't be an issue.

He's also been training here since Monday so it's not like he's been rushed into the team.

Edited by kingofhearts

Is Auvergne french for injury ? :P

• Like 1

Please refrain from pretending to know about things you clearly don't.Where in that post does he say a league teams > mls teams?

And another thing ive been meaning to ask, aren't you the one with the melbourne heart logo tattoo? He says "if they want a holiday they can go to MLS", which I thought implied that the MLS was easy in comparison to the A-League. Which is categorically wrong. If that's not what was implied then I apologise.

Yep that's me! Must say though I do not regret getting it for one second. And honestly, I think our current logo is better.

I would put this lad straight in and see what he can do. He may just make the difference away from home.

Williams can come on from the bench as he seems to be playing better as a sub than starter.

i agree unknown quantity could reap benefit , he is a winger so cant cause too much damage if he's not up to it

I just listened to the video on the club website. He started at Lyon at the age of 6 and was there 16 years. He confirms that while with Clermont he was voted the best winger in Ligue 2. He's also married, which must give him some responsibilities for stability.

Sometimes things go wrong for a player at a club for no fault of their own. Let's see what he can do for us before judging him.

Please refrain from pretending to know about things you clearly don't.Where in that post does he say a league teams > mls teams?

And another thing ive been meaning to ask, aren't you the one with the melbourne heart logo tattoo?He says "if they want a holiday they can go to MLS", which I thought implied that the MLS was easy in comparison to the A-League. Which is categorically wrong. If that's not what was implied then I apologise.

Yep that's me! Must say though I do not regret getting it for one second. And honestly, I think our current logo is better. Ah yes I see, I took it as in here for a holiday, (strong emphasis on the comma, which I thought I saw) then go to mls, as in a league stepping stone to mls.

Tattoo new logo then?

I would put this lad straight in and see what he can do. He may just make the difference away from home.

Williams can come on from the bench as he seems to be playing better as a sub than starter.

i agree unknown quantity could reap benefit , he is a winger so cant cause too much damage if he's not up to it

... like Iain Ramsay?

Is Auvergne french for injury ? :P

No the word for injury in french is Germaneaux  ;)

• Like 6

... like Iain Ramsay?

only causes damage in defence not in the oppositions half

I still cannot work out how we signed him.

Was he an un-contracted player?

Did he come from another club?

He spoke about being the best winger in the league.....................which league and how long ago?

He was released from his last club by mutual agreement, was a free agent.

A free agent who was unable to find a club for 4 months?????

This guy must be a real catch - or very cheep.

Although he looks solid.

He was released by Clermont Foot on 15th January 2015. Played a trial match for Nottingham Forest and was then on trial at St. Etienne (Ligue 1).

Not 4 months. More like four weeks before he signed with us.

• Like 2

The CFG link would have to be a significant factor, given the doors it can open for a player.

Whether it be Manchester, New York, Melbourne or Yokohama (wonder if they will be rebranded City too), they all give a player benefits to being part of a group, not just one club.

As the years go on, hopefully CFG can perfect the model and further enhance the experience.