Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

If a player has received an offer, he wants to take it, and his existing club is happy with the fee offered, then isn't it normal for him not to play for his existing club until it's finalised? Risk of injury and all that.

Yep of course. I was just putting out possible other theories rather then being narrow sighted

21 hours ago, haz said:

Look. Players comes and go all the times at clubs around the world. It's a part of football you have to accept. I would have no problem if Bruno left to go overseas (would be fuming if it was another HAL club) and we got a few $Mil from it.

But defines it is how the player leaves. The way it seems Joyce is acting has been anything but good. Then again.... Maybe Bruno is the one going on "strike"

Why would another club pay a transfer fee for Bruno if he is out of contract at seasons end

https://www.goal.com/en-au/news/the-covert-agent-melbourne-city-look-to-offload-star-players/13ye5oxn8yyd81oqnbseceyk19?fbclid=IwAR3fRcG3gfP4yBBJktGWpmirx8iqDz8dObLQo6tsU7nYetgqeBUbgOoo03A

The Covert Agent: Melbourne City look to offload star players to make room for new signings

The upheaval at Melbourne City is set to continue with Warren Joyce keen to move on several key players to make room for new signings.

The Covert Agent can reveal City have told Bruno Fornaroli, Luke Brattan and Anthony Caceres they can leave the club, with Joyce keen to free up funds to sign Kearyn Baccus permanently and also to acquire another striker.

All three senior players on the transfer list have fallen out of favour with Joyce over previous weeks as the Englishman attempts to instigate change at the club, with reports suggesting Fornaroli was unlikely to pull on a City shirt again.

11 minutes ago, Dylan said:

https://www.goal.com/en-au/news/the-covert-agent-melbourne-city-look-to-offload-star-players/13ye5oxn8yyd81oqnbseceyk19?fbclid=IwAR3fRcG3gfP4yBBJktGWpmirx8iqDz8dObLQo6tsU7nYetgqeBUbgOoo03A

The Covert Agent: Melbourne City look to offload star players to make room for new signings

The upheaval at Melbourne City is set to continue with Warren Joyce keen to move on several key players to make room for new signings.

The Covert Agent can reveal City have told Bruno Fornaroli, Luke Brattan and Anthony Caceres they can leave the club, with Joyce keen to free up funds to sign Kearyn Baccus permanently and also to acquire another striker.

All three senior players on the transfer list have fallen out of favour with Joyce over previous weeks as the Englishman attempts to instigate change at the club, with reports suggesting Fornaroli was unlikely to pull on a City shirt again.

Not that I hate Caceres or anything but he is wasted money IMO 

Bruno I’d hate to see go 

And would be Devo to see Brattz leave he’s a heart and sole player!! 

Edited by Missing_Moy
  • Like 1

Well the issue with this is, Caceras came in with Joyce at the helm, plus Joyce said last year he rather would have kept him. So if this is indeed correct. Wtf is he doing?

Know I know Covert Agent always gets bagged but they are usually more right than wrong and with the Fornaroli thing they were first and correct. Why this rumor has more credibility is because this is the exact pattern that has happend under Joyce

Brattan and Caceres are both on loan to us from Manchester City. I don't see either as major losses.

3 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Well the issue with this is, Caceras came in with Joyce at the helm, plus Joyce said last year he rather would have kept him. So if this is indeed correct. Wtf is he doing?

Know I know Covert Agent always gets bagged but they are usually more right than wrong and with the Fornaroli thing they were first and correct. Why this rumor has more credibility is because this is the exact pattern that has happend under Joyce

You are quite right about Joyce and Caceres. But a year has gone by, and Caceres hasn't really done anything since he's been back from the middle-east to warrant retention. A pity, but that's the situation.

3 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Brattan and Caceres are both on loan to us from Manchester City. I don't see either as major losses.

You are quite right about Joyce and Caceres. But a year has gone by, and Caceres hasn't really done anything since he's been back from the middle-east to warrant retention. A pity, but that's the situation.

According to one man alone. 

6 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Brattan as a loanee has nothing to do with it. Whether people like it or not, he has been one of our better players, last season and this and to take Baccus on a perm deal to replace him? terrible. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Brattan as a loanee has nothing to do with it. Whether people like it or not, he has been one of our better players, last season and this and to take Baccus on a perm deal to replace him? terrible. 

I think being on loan might make it easier to move? Joyce tells Manchester, and they do the rest?

Caceras and Brattan leaving dont bother me at all. I have never seen the hype around Caceras, nice player but that's all. And Brattan I think is a solid player but is terribly overrated by the media

Bruno leaving is another story, if he does I hope its not to another aleague club, cause I couldn't stand him playing against us 

2 minutes ago, neio said:

Caceras and Brattan leaving dont bother me at all. I have never seen the hype around Caceras, nice player but that's all. And Brattan I think is a solid player but is terribly overrated by the media

Bruno leaving is another story, if he does I hope its not to another aleague club, cause I couldn't stand him playing against us 

To wsw is the story

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Missing_Moy said:

and Riera gone overseas ?

Like I said, if everything goes as plan with Bruno leaving to join wsw to replace riera and Djite coming in, it should be a smooth transfer window signing 

https://www.goal.com/en-au/news/the-covert-agent-wanderers-star-oriol-riera-offered/1stfzmaxm1mkj1nry1loktndy4

54 minutes ago, Afif Adam said:

Like I said, if everything goes as plan with Bruno leaving to join wsw to replace riera and Djite coming in, it should be a smooth transfer window signing 

https://www.goal.com/en-au/news/the-covert-agent-wanderers-star-oriol-riera-offered/1stfzmaxm1mkj1nry1loktndy4

Smooth? For us? Replacing a striker who has scored 49/70 in the HAL with another striker who only scored  39/141 in the HAL and has been without a club for close to 6 months? Very smooth for us....

Can we recall denis genreau in jan?

Surely if we are losing two australian players then we would have to re-sign 2 to replace? 

Also how does there release contribute to the cap? If its a mutual termination or they go overseas their salarys are wiped? but if we terminate and continue to pay them out then it still counts towards the cap?

8 minutes ago, haz said:

Smooth? For us? Replacing a striker who has scored 49/70 in the HAL with another striker who only scored  39/141 in the HAL and has been without a club for close to 6 months? Very smooth for us....

I rate the guy highly, I’m surprised forum members see the opposite..he might not be on par with Bruno in terms of goals but he’s much more of a clinical finisher, strong on the ball, and highly involved in build up play ( something Bruno lacks in )

till then they are just loose rumours, for all we know..Bruno will be back against next week for glory but tbh, it’s highly unlikely with everything going on 

i mean Berisha did leave after 4 Seasons at the scums

21 minutes ago, fiji19 said:

Can we recall denis genreau in jan?

Surely if we are losing two australian players then we would have to re-sign 2 to replace? 

Also how does there release contribute to the cap? If its a mutual termination or they go overseas their salarys are wiped? but if we terminate and continue to pay them out then it still counts towards the cap?

1. Depends on the details of the loan agreement.
2. Not necessarily. As long as we meet the squad minimum number.
3. Amounts paid to the date of any mutual termination count towards the cap. As do payments made to any incoming player(s).
4. If we pay a termination amount (i.e. the termination is not mutual) then the amount paid counts towards the cap.

6 hours ago, Dylan said:

All this is doing my head in :hkpalm:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Afif Adam said:

.he might not be on par with Bruno in terms of goals but he’s much more of a clinical finisher, 

Could you please explain this for all the stupid people on here. When....

Bruno = 49 goals in 70 games

Brucey = 39 goals in 141.

'More clinical finisher??? 

5 minutes ago, AXIOM said:

Could you please explain this for all the stupid people on here. When....

Bruno = 49 goals in 70 games

Brucey = 39 goals in 141.

'More clinical finisher??? 

Presumably conversion rate per chances is higher. Also need to look at playing minutes rather than matches.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Presumably conversion rate per chances is higher. Also need to look at playing minutes rather than matches.

In the last three seasons Djite was in the HAL, he was scoring about a goals every 183' - 300'

In the last three seasons Fornaroli has scored a goal every 100'-110'

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 4

Bruce djite is not a bad option if we had to get an Australian strikerbut if we lose Bruno. We must go and find a VISA striker. 

Look at the top 6 from last season and who their striker was. Bobo, Odonovan, Fornaroli, Berisha, Absolonsen, Maccarone. All were overseas players. Unfortunately aussie strikers rarely get you to the top of the table 

I can't even believe we are even comparing Bruno to Djite....he's not even fkn close.

Berisha, Thompson, Bobo, Smeltz ( in prime) are honestly the only ones that come close to him and I hate to list 2 victory players but its the honest truth. Djite is a massive step backwards. Not happy with this situation at all and I have it on good authority that Bruno is a lot at fault here and as much as I love him he needs to fkn suck it up and say sorry to a few people at the club and I'm sure he'll be back out on the pitch.

6 minutes ago, Fredinho69 said:

I can't even believe we are even comparing Bruno to Djite....he's not even fkn close.

Berisha, Thompson, Bobo, Smeltz ( in prime) are honestly the only ones that come close to him and I hate to list 2 victory players but its the honest truth. Djite is a massive step backwards. Not happy with this situation at all and I have it on good authority that Bruno is a lot at fault here and as much as I love him he needs to fkn suck it up and say sorry to a few people at the club and I'm sure he'll be back out on the pitch.

Say sorry for what?

6 hours ago, Dylan said:

Yeah Bruce Djite is fucken terrible. People have rocks in their head if they think he is better than Bruno. In fact there is not one thing Djite can do that Bruno couldn’t do 100 times better.

I still can’t believe the stupid flog is getting rid of him. Bruno is the type of player you build a team around. Yet Joyce has done the exact opposite of that. 

Yeah, I mean, doesn't even look good on promotional material :hkpalm:

Epic fail!

32292808818_24982f0824_b.jpg

• Haha 1

What transfer list? We are fully into the season.  There was a long off-season and pre-season.  That was a time to sort out all players issues and personal likeings. The squad is not too bad and should stay the same till the end of competition.  Only semi retired players are available in January to us. The club haven't done their basic duties. It's a massive disorganisation. Like, no one really cares what's happening down under.

Look at Victory visa players.  Honda and Swedish national team player. Honda will play more then 5 games, just to compare to Villa. We circulate rejected players from the bottom teams, hoping to find a golden nugget.  

All this is so much below the brands the club have in the name. 

• jw1739 pinned this topic