Melbourne Football

Melbourne City vs Perth

citypool

38 minutes ago, citypool said:

Sunday football who's going? 

Hope to be there. 3.00 suits me a lot better than 5.30! Repeat, repeat...just wish that we could have a regular fixture...repeat repeat...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Hope to be there. 3.00 suits me a lot better than 5.30! Repeat, repeat...just wish that we could have a regular  fixture...repeat repeat...

On paper this is a dud we're having an awful season and playing Perth who are last. But it's Sunday afternoon weather looks ok should be fun 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, citypool said:

I'm surprised the club doesn't offer discount.for parking or at least advertise parking at aami. The website to book parking is shite 

I've raised this sort of thing many times with the club. It just doesn't know, and doesn't seem to want to know, about PR. I even sent my old hometown club's website to the club to show the lengths it goes to attract spectators, especially those who support the visitors. How to get to the stadium, what bus to to catch from the station, the latest time you need to arrive at the station to make kick-off, parking arrangements, welcome to the supporters' club bar etc. etc. All this in the National League South and crowds usually less than 1,000!

We just don't seem to want to make any effort.

Even worse with Casey Fields. OK, great facility - can we have a look at it maybe? How do we get there? Is there a club room for members and fans?

Ho-hum.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, citypool said:

I'm surprised the club doesn't offer discount.for parking or at least advertise parking at aami. The website to book parking is shite 

I talked to the club about this last year.... apparently would "significantly increase" membership costs. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, D.B. Cooper said:

Unbelievable.
Perth restructuring via a sub at 28 min tightened them up a little but Leckie and Arslan are still killing them. 

The huge pause during the VAR review really killed the momentum. 

• Like 1

How can we have equaled the highest winning margin in leauge history multiple times, then break the record and still not be sure if we're even going to make the top 6?! Ffs this club!

Edited by KSK_47
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

How can we have equaled the highest winning margin in leauge history multiple times, then break the record and still not be sure if we're even going to make the top 6?! Ffs this club!

Because, more often than not, we run into teams that can defend

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

In the post-game interview, JMac let slip that Max Caputo will likely lead the line next season, strengthening the rumours that he's leaving. Aslan said that he wants to stay in Melbourne long-term.

Yeah I picked up on that too. Interesting 

One of the weirdest matches I've ever seen. 5-0 up inside 30 minutes, and then it seemed like an eternity before we finally started to play with pace and purpose again. The ridiculous 5-minute delay for the VAR to make a decision didn't help - goodness, the A-League has to sort this shit out. Nothing is shown on the big screen and it's just guesswork for the spectators to know what is going on. Surely the League has got to introduce a cut-off time for a VAR decision? I also found it weird that the Women's team continued a lap of honour while the men's match was in progress. Not sure that that's appropriate.

Jeggo, Jakolis and and Natel continue to frustrate me. Still making up my mind on voting - has to be Arslan for the hat-trick, and Young must feature because he saved us on a few occasions when our defence went into snooze mode. Can't make up my mind on who gets two votes yet.

3 hours ago, KSK_47 said:

This is so A-League it's not funny!!

2 hours ago, belaguttman said:

In the post-game interview, JMac let slip that Max Caputo will likely lead the line next season, strengthening the rumours that he's leaving. Aslan said that he wants to stay in Melbourne long-term.

Yeah Jmac is gone that's a given. Not sure Caputo is ready to be starting 11 season long just yet...Arslan is a gun and would love him to finish his career with us!!