Melbourne Football

ACL Matchday 5 |Ventforet Kofu VS Melbourne City | Wednesday 9 November 9PM AEST KO

jw1739

I think we have a good chance if we play well.

Kofu sit in 8th in J2, their last 5 matches have been LWWDD, so they have been inconsistent as home or away doesn't seem to determine the outcome. They seem to score pretty freely, 2 or 4 goals in their last matches, which suggests they may be defensively vulnerable, it could be a really entertaining match to watch with a lot of goals. They also have Hideomi Yamamoto playing, that guy who is in his 40's as a fun fact, last season I think he came off the bench mostly, so would be a real danger for us if he does again.

Edited by moops

37 minutes ago, moops said:

I think we have a good chance if we play well.

Kofu sit in 8th in J2, their last 5 matches have been LWWDD, so they have been inconsistent as home or away doesn't seem to determine the outcome. They seem to score pretty freely, 2 or 4 goals in their last matches, which suggests they may be defensively vulnerable, it could be a really entertaining match to watch with a lot of goals. They also have Hideomi Yamamoto playing, that guy who is in his 40's as a fun fact, last season I think he came off the bench mostly, so would be a real danger for us if he does again.

We could not get a grip on them at home, way too technical and fast for us - they just forgot to score.

1 hour ago, Mr MO said:

We could not get a grip on them at home, way too technical and fast for us - they just forgot to score.

I guess it depends who turns up, will they have a good game or not, will we?

I'm unsure what will happen with this game, I think it could go either way.

2 hours ago, citypool said:

https://melbournecityfc.com.au/news/20231128-acl-preview

I really thought being in champions league we'd get more exposure all the coverage I have seen is that little article lol

Anyways lads haven't been to bad in ACL we could turn it up tonight we definitely need good starting to have a chance 

The coverage is absolutely pathetic. No wonder football doesn't progress in this country.

Just outplayed, same as the home game and this time they score.

These games require 11 players, we really need a CF who can control a ball and participate in play. So frustrating that we don’t have that outlet. That’s one of the reasons our game is one dimensional.

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 1