Melbourne Football

The Grand Final. Western Sydney away.

NuggetsMcGreggor

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

What I don't understand, more generally, is why we have to have such a rush to make decisions on these sorts of things - often we are given just 48 hours to make a decision on "members offer" tickets etc. Football just doesn't seem to understand that people do have other lives outside the game and many of us have to consult with others before making decisions.

A mate of mine and I have always promised each other that one season we would go to an "away" Grand Final. This isn't strictly that, but if we'd known that there was a charter flight (or two) we might have put our hands up after consulting with our respective wives.

Being one of the drivers of this GF decision and being a well sponsored club including an airline, I would have thought the club could organise some flights - wasn’t that an option in this vote?

1 hour ago, Mr MO said:

Being one of the drivers of this GF decision and being a well sponsored club including an airline, I would have thought the club could organise some flights - wasn’t that an option in this vote?

@Mr MONo, it wasn't an option. The choice was between two bus trips, 3-day where overnight accommodation in Albury/Wodonga was paid for but one night in Sydney was at own expense (plus incidentals), or a 2-day trip where again the overnight in Sydney was at own expense. It was "either-or." The majority voted for the latter. Match tickets were included in the package.

Some of those who wanted to go but didn't want to face 20-24 hours in a bus in just two days then booked flights and paid for entry tickets. Unsurprisingly, they are ropeable at the charter flights paid for by Nissan.

You're quite right. Of all the clubs you'd think organizing flights would by simple for us. But no - having been complicit in digging the hole in the first place we can't even dig out of it with dignity.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

I've not been impressed with Berisha in recent months, really struggles with close control and crucial passing. Yes, hits the occosional good corner but warranted some of the praise he gets.

Well, if what I've read is fact we won't be seeing him in a City shirt again. I never really understood why we signed him once we had VdV - the two are very similar in style, and VdV is the better player IMO.

The scoreline is not looking good at this stage.

4 minutes ago, MHFC-FAN said:

Nuno needs to get subbed at the half. He's past it now! Need to lift in thesecond half big-time!!

It's a worry for the rebuild that we have to have. Both Reis and Nabbout are contracted for another season and IMO are no longer starting players. Their shortcomings have been there for everyone to see for quite a while.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, heart1011 said:

Nuno needs to come off! He is woeful. Why do we struggle so much to actually move the ball forward and try and have a shot on goal? We get it forward and then go backwards and it litteraly ends up back with Glover...

That's playing the "City way." I spend half my time at AAMI screaming in frustration. We won't be changing while we're owned by CFG. Although I do think we carry it to the very extreme - players such as Nabbout and Berisha just cannot get the ball on target.

I've reached the stage with the EPL where I don't care who wins the title just as long as it isn't Manchester City.

I just love hearing the "away" fans all game. I've loved listening to the commentators talk about the away team all game. And I've loved Beath changing his mind every time the crowd makes some noise. 

What a home final! 

Edited by haz
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, moops said:

Nabout has had a resurgence with Rado, he was injured there for a time and performed badly, but he just always seemed so angry and unhappy under Kisnorbo, I'm less worried about him than Nuno for sure.

Both are just past it, Rado has chosen the myth of experience here - this is on him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Rado is too timid with his coaching. Coach this way in the ACL and we haven't got a hope.

Well what is interesting is that both players have now completely ruined this final.

Edited by Mr MO

3 minutes ago, moops said:

Off the body onto the arm, it can't be handball iirc.

Just poor refereeing and certainly not according to the rule book, you see that often in big away games.

2 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

This is embarrassing now. Two seasons in a row.

Just a flattered score line but part of the APL blue print.

• Like 1