Melbourne Football

City Kit

mcsoccer225

5 hours ago, morphine said:

Scott Munn told me to my face, and also to the FRG, that there'd be no navy blue at all. Not only is there a navy blue as a pop colour on the kit, it's the secondary colour for training gear and supporter apparel. 

We are not Victory, we are not Sydney FC, we do NOT need to wear sky blue for any reason IF we are not a mini-Man City. For me personally, everything I liked about this club is now gone.

Officially OUT.

Think you need to learn the difference between Sky Blue and City Blue.

• Like 3

Does the 2 year rule for Home Kits still exist? Thought there was an article a while back saying we are switching to City Blue in 17/18 which would mean we are only wearing this new home kit for the upcoming season. Should we expect yearly changes to the Home Kit in line with Manchester City if that's the case. 

Would be nice if the Home Kit incorporated some red even if it was just small.  

6 minutes ago, DFG_82 said:

Does the 2 year rule for Home Kits still exist? Thought there was an article a while back saying we are switching to City Blue in 17/18 which would mean we are only wearing this new home kit for the upcoming season. Should we expect yearly changes to the Home Kit in line with Manchester City if that's the case. 

Would be nice if the Home Kit incorporated some red even if it was just small.  

Club just won't listen to supporters on that topic. 

4 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

Cant be bothered looking up the article. But i am pretty sure i read the same thing when the whole Cahill thing came out

I think this is what you are referring to. It will be part of the "brand and primary colour refresh" to be implemented right across the A-League for 2017/18.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/football/melbourne-city-kit-change-will-mirror-manchester-citys-blue/news-story/8d9377e6afa872c314a7b6d26b4cb397

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, morphine said:

Stripe around the collar is navy. 

Seriously ffs, it's a little bit of trim in an inconspicuous place that by photos alone, looks as black as it does navy. 

Once the template was revealed for the euros, we were always going to get this style. And whilst it may not be the best looking, at least it's not sky and navy (yet).

It was never going to be red but at least we keep our red away strip.

So accept it and move on and out, like you continually tell us you're going to do... 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, rass said:

Seriously ffs, it's a little bit of trim in an inconspicuous place that by photos alone, looks as black as it does navy. 

Once the template was revealed for the euros, we were always going to get this style. And whilst it may not be the best looking, at least it's not sky and navy (yet).

It was never going to be red but at least we keep our red away strip.

So accept it and move on and out, like you continually tell us you're going to do... 

Wanker. I was responding to a question that said "show us where it's navy?" with a direct answer. Not sure how that one comment, in amongst all the rest of my shitposts, could rile you up so much. 

Something going on at a deeper level perhaps?

11 hours ago, morphine said:

Wanker. I was responding to a question that said "show us where it's navy?" with a direct answer. Not sure how that one comment, in amongst all the rest of my shitposts, could rile you up so much. 

Something going on at a deeper level perhaps?

Surely you've been taking the piss all along and just been baiting us the whole time. 

If so, congrats, you got me... 

Welcome back to the fold. 

3 hours ago, kingofhearts said:

Kits pretty shit tbh (but ill still buy it and the away one because I have no self control and hate myself) 

As mentioned previously I wish we would just hurry up and go sky blue instead of having these constant in between kits.

Ah well

I'll probably pick up the away kit as well. Only because I think there's a reasonable chance that it'll be our last red kit.

11 hours ago, Jimmy said:

I'll probably pick up the away kit as well. Only because I think there's a reasonable chance that it'll be our last red kit.

No hope for a red and white away kit in the future mate?

I reckon the away kit will stay the same, it's just the home kit will eventually turn into a man city replica (unless you know something i don't which is probably most likely lol)

39 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

No hope for a red and white away kit in the future mate?

I reckon the away kit will stay the same, it's just the home kit will eventually turn into a man city replica (unless you know something i don't which is probably most likely lol)

I agree. As long as they can paint everything 'City Blue'© then they will allow the red and white. We've seen over the last couple of seasons even though we've played in mainly white the branding, training gear etc has all been blue.