Melbourne Football

City Kit

mcsoccer225

6 hours ago, Rasputin said:

Yeah, understand all that however CFG didn't have to go with the coat of arms - surprised they did considering they seem to want to eliminate red from the club.  Don't think it's been thought out thoroughly overall.

They did because they saw the old active support using it at games

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Moraiwe said:

Yeah, maybe you have me confused with Morphine.  I'm far too dull to get a tattoo.

So it seems, apologies .

Well I'm still keen on a green line though, so if you shoot off and get one today, no one will be the wiser....

3 hours ago, morphine said:

That might've been me. I still have my Heart logo tattoo! 

Mad @Shahanga says, the new one may be too intricate to get inked?

So I take it you haven't then? 

You'd have to simplify it I think & the similarity to the cross of St George may make everyone who crosses your path think you're a Pom - not a good thing in my book!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shahanga said:

So it seems, apologies .

Well I'm still keen on a green line though, so if you shoot off and get one today, no one will be the wiser....

You'd have to simplify it I think & the similarity to the cross of St George may make everyone who crosses your path think you're a Pom - not a good thing in my book!

Just make it a full back piece and you'll be able to make it fully detailed.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Shahanga said:

So it seems, apologies .

Here's a callout to everyone - anyone care to have a crack at stylising it for a tattoo/is a tattoo artist? Happy to be the Guinea pig and would love to pay someone for a ripper design!?

On ‎13‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 2:02 PM, DFG_82 said:

Is there any other comp in the world they restricts a team to wearing a certain % of a colour? As long as our home kit doesn't clash with other teams or get mistaken for other teams it shouldn't be problem at all.
\

Tell that to shitney fc. they are the ones who made the complain at the first place.

7 minutes ago, Kinnibari said:

Pretty boring :(

That's what you get with a white shirt. 

Its not going to really upset anyone but also not really going to excite anyone either . There's only so much you can do with it. 

No kid picks 'white' as their favorite colour but they also don't pick it to hate.

• Like 1

KAXAnFd.jpg?1

Alrighty. Fixed up a bit. Id still rather blue and white stripes, white shorts white socks. But what can you do. The blue on this is too bright but its a little difficult trying to swap a colour from a black or a white

55 minutes ago, raw10 said:

The thing is white kits are used mostly used as a second or third kit. so I am not sure about us adopting it as a home kit and I agree 'white' can be boring.

White kits can be but what makes white work is to make it as minimalistic as possible. That wont happen in the A league because you have to put sponsors everywhere. We are lucky in some sense because Etihad is a nice sponsor logo which is identified through its shape rather than colour. 

If you look at Evertons away kit there are some options with white, but again it has to be 'clean' to work. 

Edited by Dylan
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, haz said:

Guarantee if something like that is our home kit, Sydney will complain that it clashes with their away kit and they will win the appeal

I dont think they would win this time now that there is that separate committee with the owners.  

• 3 weeks later...