Melbourne Football

Memberships/Season Tickets

jw1739

15 hours ago, citypool said:

Yeah I sang Ryan's praises. He'll try again Monday but I imagine most people wouldn't be stuffed ringing again if they don't answer or even have voicemail 

For the first time ever I have received no reply to an email to Membership concerning the allocation of front-row seats at the ACL match. I've been there before and it's a good view. This time however, with the additional advertising hoardings erected in front of usual ones, I couldn't see one third of the pitch and children could see nothing at all unless they stood up for the entire match.

Fortunately there were empty seats available, to which most people moved.

39 minutes ago, citypool said:

Membership pack looks neat and has come on time very impressed 

Haven't heard a thing so far. I think they send them in batches. Or perhaps such an avalanche of new memberships that they can't cope with the rush...

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Haven't heard a thing so far. I think they send them in batches. Or perhaps such an avalanche of new memberships that they can't cope with the rush...

Can't believe it. Both packs in my letter box addressed to my wife...now we know who really wears the trousers in this household...

• Haha 2

Bit of a waste really. A new scarf every season that I never wear because no red on it any more except for the club badge. Keep it for a year and then put it in the bin. All I need is the new membership card, because I can use the lanyard from the previous season. Wonder what the take up would be for a 3-season membership?

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Bit of a waste really. A new scarf every season that I never wear because no red on it any more except for the club badge. Keep it for a year and then put it in the bin. All I need is the new membership card, because I can use the lanyard from the previous season. Wonder what the take up would be for a 3-season membership?

Summer or winter scarf ?

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Bit of positivity if they didn't send the scarf it'll just be a box with a card. I agree the club is very detached from the fans but I think the members box was good today 

37 minutes ago, HughJass said:

Lets see if my membership shows up this week..... Did purchase on 2nd October 

Given that it is being carried by Australia Post it doesn't matter where it was despatched or where it's being sent - it will go through at least 8 different AP "facilities" before it gets to you.

I had three separate parcel deliveries today, each from a different AP "facility"...

33 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Given that it is being carried by Australia Post it doesn't matter where it was despatched or where it's being sent - it will go through at least 8 different AP "facilities" before it gets to you.

I had three separate parcel deliveries today, each from a different AP "facility"...

Needs to be sent first before the auspost lottery :D  Assuming it hasn't been sent as no email or anything in the auspost app

8 minutes ago, HughJass said:

Needs to be sent first before the auspost lottery :D  Assuming it hasn't been sent as no email or anything in the auspost app

Australia Post is already a fucking lottery.... BIt like being an old man - is it coming or isn't it - and if it is, how long is it going to take...?

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Torn Asunder said:

Does anyone know if there is a Paramount discount in this year's membership deals? 

There is no longer a discount.

At least two other A-League clubs have relayed this message to their supporters. City have said nothing AFAIK.

https://sydneyfc.com/paramount-member-offer-faqs

https://perthglory.com.au/more/paramount-member-offer-sunset-faqs

On 06/10/2023 at 10:45 PM, citypool said:

they don't answer or even have voicemail 

Voicemail is now active.... Still don't have anything from the club about my membership see if I get a call back... 

***Emailed as well which Ryan replied to with a digital card

Edited by HughJass

1 hour ago, Torn Asunder said:

Can anyone advise on how to add one's membership to a Google Wallet on an Android?

Also, did anyone get a members code for discounted tickets for the regular season?  I've got a few people that want to come to a few select games ...

Not that tech savy...but I'd try taking a picture of it and then do an edit and zoom in on the barcode to try and scan through the turnstiles.  

Is there an issue with carrying the actual card?

1 hour ago, Torn Asunder said:

Can anyone advise on how to add one's membership to a Google Wallet on an Android?

Also, did anyone get a members code for discounted tickets for the regular season?  I've got a few people that want to come to a few select games ...

@Torn Asunder Have you looked here? https://support.google.com/wallet/answer/12060038?hl=en

8 hours ago, Torn Asunder said:

Hey mate. Doesn't seem to be compatible this year. Previously, the club sent out a special link with the membership. Doesn't seem to be the case this time. 

Also another disappointment, the club isn't doing free tickets. Instead, they're offering only 5% off regular tickets (at least for my category). 

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, citypool said:

I got asked to submit questions for the Melbourne City Fan Representative Group meeting

Yes, so did I.

This is my question:

"As a Heart Foundation Member and a member ever since I'd like to ask some very basic questions. Who is actually on this Melbourne City FRG, and how were they selected or elected, and who are the club representatives on the Group? Does it have documented Terms of Reference? Are questions/topics received by invitation only, or is there a mechanism for submission at any time? How are minutes of meetings or any decisions relayed back to City members? I recall only one previous mention of this new FRG, some 6 months ago, so I wonder what it has done so far? At the present time it seems to be rather a "closed shop" so I'm wondering what it is expected to achieve? Will I receive answers to the above, because I'd like to relay them back to our own little group of fans who have known each other for quite a while."

I await either excommunication or execution.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

A little bit about our so-called theme song "Happy Together"...

It turns out the song is about unrequited love, which makes it more appropriate as City’s theme song, than any of us realised! 

THE TURTLES released the single HAPPY TOGETHER in the UK (Feb 6, 1967) Taken from The Turtles' third studio album 'Happy Together' (1967), the title song was written by Garry Bonner and Alan Gordon former members of Boston area group The Magicians, and arranged by Chip Douglas. After many other artists passed on "Happy Together," The Turtles decided to record it in an effort to change their image once more following a series of image changes. Despite what the title implies, this is not a song about a couple in love. According to Gary Bonner, who wrote the song with Alan Gordon, the song is about unrequited love. Our desperate singer wants the girl to "imagine how the world could be so very fine," proposing what would happen "if I should call you up." The line in the fadeout, "How is the weather?" is when he realizes they will never be more than passing acquaintances, as he resorts to small talk to keep from bursting into tears. 

So there we go Heart fans...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

How extraordinary! Two emails this afternoon from "sportsubs-storage-manager.azurewebsites.net" saying "welcome to the 2022-23 season"...

Opened one but didn't click on anything. Deleted them now.

• Thanks 1