Melbourne Football

RD 23 | Away to Adelaide Friday 11 March 7.30pm

Dylan

14 minutes ago, raw10 said:

Heard there will be a huge travelling fans for this match.. anybody else know anything about it?

A group for travelling fans (@MelbourneCityTF on twitter and instagram) have sold out its bus which will take 40+ fans to Adelaide the match. And I'm assuming a few more will be making the trip.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bt50 said:

Club is expecting approx 100 at the game. Should be a good crew

I purchased tickets for the Away Bay off Ticketek this morning. It looked like half, maybe two-third of the away bay was already sold out. Didn't spend the time counting the number of blacked out seats, but Adelaide's Away Bay would hold 100-150, so looking at 60-100 tickets already sold

• Like 1

6 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

There was one to Sydney round 1

Plus it is achievable to travel by land for an away match from Melbourne in that regard without taking too much time. It so happen that we have a long weekend coming up so when someone propose this trip by bus earlier in the season, there was a huge interest and I am glad to see that it is happening. As we are coming towards the business end of the season.. it makes it even more exciting. I expect more of these in the future and I would like to see a greater assist by the club to the travelling fans not just a mere acknowledgment. Either way, the club is heading the right direction.

Sorenson

Franjic Wilkinson Kisnorbo Garruccio

Malik

Mooy             Melling

Fitzgerald      Bruno         Harry

Cirio              Djite            Kamau

Carrusca            Mauk

Mells

Goodwin  Elsey  McGowan  Marrone

Galekovic

20 minutes ago, Luke said:

No fuckin way should hughes walk back into this side 

He'll be hobbling back in on his crutches

If we win this game we are right in the mix, lose and we are not a realistic chance for a top 2 spot. We all know what that means...

Therefore I'm tipping 3-0 to AU, but once we are out of the running for top spot we'll perform well for the remainder of home and away.

Would winning this be City's/Heart's best moment? Away against the competition leaders with a chance to hunt down top two so close to the end of the season. Is there a win in similar circumstances I'm forgetting? I can't  remember us ever beating the competition leaders except perhaps against Brisbane in season two. But I have a shit memory.

1 hour ago, playmaker said:

We would have to have 4 back and 2 DMs to look after the 5 attackers. Their centre will cause us problems if we don't. 

Like the thought, but I'd be concerned that 2 DMs could disconnect our forwards. 

I'd rather have 1 DM and make sure Mooy plays deeper especially in defence. This will help us when not in possession and enable us to transition better when we do have it.

My thoughts anyway.

1 hour ago, Alexxxandro said:

Would winning this be City's/Heart's best moment? Away against the competition leaders with a chance to hunt down top two so close to the end of the season. Is there a win in similar circumstances I'm forgetting? I can't  remember us ever beating the competition leaders except perhaps against Brisbane in season two. But I have a shit memory.

Was thinking that too. Perhaps the 0-2 away win in the elimination final last season could pip it.