Melbourne Football

A must win: City v Wanderers 9th January

n i k o

On 1/4/2016 at 1:21 PM, Thrillhouse said:

Weird, I've pretty much taken a bottle of mountain dew to every game since year 1 and have been able to take it in every time, think the bottle can't be more than 700ml, might not be right as i wonder how much fits into the free water bottles the club gave out can hold
have only been checked for concession once and that was years ago but had been frisked this season v habibi's and derby, last week they checked my jacket

You mean those white "Vic Health Official Hydration Partner" bottles? Interesting. I did my little school physics experiment this morning. Filled to the brim - 772g of water, equals 772mL. So technically they don't meet the conditions of entry to the stadium! In normal use you would have around 735 mL maximum in the container, but it's the capacity of the container that is the issue, not how much you have in it.

Oh dear!

20 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

You mean those white "Vic Health Official Hydration Partner" bottles? Interesting. I did my little school physics experiment this morning. Filled to the brim - 772g of water, equals 772mL. So technically they don't meet the conditions of entry to the stadium! In normal use you would have around 735 mL maximum in the container, but it's the capacity of the container that is the issue, not how much you have in it.

Oh dear!

That's quite funny, that a promotion as simple as keeping hydrated and drinking tap water has been a bit of a cock-up on a few levels.

For those looking for the fountains where they can refill their water bottles, I'm not exactly sure where they are, but if you see a queue of 50+ people standing next to a wall, that will be one of them. There should be a fountain at the entrance to every second aisle. If a person wants water at an event in the middle of summer, they should be able to access it with minimal fuss or delay.

The cynic in me wonders if it isn't simply the stadium/club having a bit each way and accepting money from the 'choose tap water' campaign (or whatever it was called), while also keeping the concession stands onside and not costing them sales by making tap water too accessible.

21 minutes ago, SF33 said:

That's quite funny, that a promotion as simple as keeping hydrated and drinking tap water has been a bit of a cock-up on a few levels.

For those looking for the fountains where they can refill their water bottles, I'm not exactly sure where they are, but if you see a queue of 50+ people standing next to a wall, that will be one of them. There should be a fountain at the entrance to every second aisle. If a person wants water at an event in the middle of summer, they should be able to access it with minimal fuss or delay.

The cynic in me wonders if it isn't simply the stadium/club having a bit each way and accepting money from the 'choose tap water' campaign (or whatever it was called), while also keeping the concession stands onside and not costing them sales by making tap water too accessible.

This is all the stadiums doing. Club have little control over the rules and regs of the stadium. It would surprise me if the reason our tickets are so expensive is because the stadium charging us more due to our smaller crowds

1 hour ago, belaguttman said:

The concession stands are supposed to provide free drinking water when asked. AAMI Park supports the Responsible Drinking of Alcohol Guidelines. When my daughter asked though she was told to go and buy a drink. Maybe we should all ask.

Bela. May I suggest you post your question to City Voice? This is a genuine "match-day experience" issue. 

It happens everywhere not AAMI.

My wife has a medical condition that requires her to remain over-hydrated to ensure her blood thickness does not rise. Her water gets constantly confiscated regardless of the pleas based on medical grounds.

The lack of water and the "ignorance" of the security staff is so widespread across all the grounds that it is ONLY A WAY TO MAKE MORE MONEY FROM YOU and is a being pedalled by the stadium managers to all their staff. Responsible Service of Alcohol and the requirement to have free water? Don't make me laugh!

And you wonder why people don't want to come to the game when they get shafted all the time.

2 hours ago, belaguttman said:

jw, we've been in correspondence with AAMI Park management and they have confirmed that this is AAMI Park policy and they will 're-educate' security and drink concession staff.

Bela, I hear you, but when the ground is hosting an A-League match it's FFA who are actually setting the conditions of entry to the ground. If not wholly so, at least in part. And the local agent for FFA in such a case is the home club - in our case City. I would still put a suggestion/comment on City Voice. I've just had one of my ideas get a very favourable response on there, and at the very least the club has undertaken to respond to every comment/suggestion made so you will get an answer.

Sorry JW but city voice is a joke, to join you must post a picture of yourself  under a certain size. I have tried on several occasions to reduce the size of my picture but each time it tells me it is too big,the picture is thumbnail size and still too big.What do you reccommend i do ?

Edited by johnno cpfc

1 minute ago, johnno cpfc said:

Sorry JW but city voice is a joke, to join you must post a picture of yourself  under a certain size. I have tried on several occasions to reduce the size of my picture but each time it tells me it is too big,the picture is thumbnail size and still too big.What do you reccommend i do ?

I just joined today there was no photo requirement?

22 minutes ago, johnno cpfc said:

There was no image requirement when I joined. Which was some time ago I must say, and I can't recall the precise procedure I'm afraid. I see that a couple of the posters on there have an image, but the majority have not, so it must be optional.

6 hours ago, belaguttman said:

jw, we've been in correspondence with AAMI Park management and they have confirmed that this is AAMI Park policy and they will 're-educate' security and drink concession staff.

Is this to have scotch and coke in the drinking fountains? Make sure you ask for full strength yeah. 

......if I need to, I just refill my water bottle at the sink in one of the bathrooms.....

Also, last I checked (which was several years ago), it was a legal requirement for tap water to be provided free of charge at any licensed venue in Victoria, with no requirement to make any purchase; and I'm pretty sure AAMI Park is a licensed venue (if not, then someone has some interesting questions to answer)

9 minutes ago, ecguymer said:

......if I need to, I just refill my water bottle at the sink in one of the bathrooms.....

Also, last I checked (which was several years ago), it was a legal requirement for tap water to be provided free of charge at any licensed venue in Victoria, with no requirement to make any purchase; and I'm pretty sure AAMI Park is a licensed venue (if not, then someone has some interesting questions to answer)

It isn't a legal requirement, its a recommendation of best practice under the 'safe serving of alcohol' guidelines. AAMI Park management adheres to the guidelines, they just haven't told their staff. Their 'get out of jail' card is that they do supply free water at the 2 drinking fountains inside the stadium

3 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

It isn't a legal requirement, its a recommendation of best practice under the 'safe serving of alcohol' guidelines. AAMI Park management adheres to the guidelines, they just haven't told their staff. Their 'get out of jail' card is that they do supply free water at the 2 drinking fountains inside the stadium

No it's mandatory 

32 minutes ago, ecguymer said:

So i went in to my local bottle shop and asked for a glass of water are they obliged to give me one?

It is a requirement for a licensed venue, unless an exemption has been obtained.

http://www.vcglr.vic.gov.au/home/liquor/standard+licence+obligations/free+drinking+water+in+premises/

And "the Stadium is licensed" http://www.aamipark.com.au/arriving-and-access/conditions-of-entry/

So there are no ifs or buts about this. All that needs to be determined is how "the Stadium" fulfils its obligations.

2 hours ago, illeatyourheart said:

Guys, as a Cat C member, how do I book a ticket for a friend so that they can sit with me? Looking forward to not sitting on my own for the first time this season.

If the seats around you are allocated to other Cat C members I'd say that what you wish to do is not possible. That's the situation for all reserved seat members. Your option is to buy a GA ticket for your friend and both go and sit in GA at the northern end. As previously discussed, this is a real ticketing issue that needs to be addressed by the club.

Edited by jw1739

Melling also named which is good

Melbourne City FC squad: 1.Thomas SORENSEN (GK), 3.Aaron HUGHES, 6.Erik PAARTALU, 8.Aaron MOOY, 9.Harry NOVILLO, 10.Robert KOREN, 11.Michael ZULLO, 16.Jason TRIFIRO, 18.Paul RETRE, 19.Ben GARUCCIO, 20.Dean BOUZANIS (GK), 22.Jack CLISBY, 23.Bruno FORNAROLI, 24.Patrick KISNORBO (c), 25.Jacob MELLING, 30.Hernan ESPINDOLA, 36.Matt MILLAR, 39.Ali EYIGUN

**two to be omitted**

24 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

If the seats around you are allocated to other Cat C members I'd say that what you wish to do is not possible. That's the situation for all reserved seat members. Your option is to buy a GA ticket for your friend and both go and sit in GA at the northern end. As previously discussed, this is a real ticketing issue that needs to be addressed by the club.

I found this in the FAQ on the membership site. I'll give it a go.

I HAVE AN ALLOCATED MEMBER SEAT. CAN I SIT WITH FRIENDS WHO AREN’T MEMBERS AT CERTAIN GAMES?

Melbourne City members will have the flexibility to sit with friends who do not hold memberships. This means that members who hold an allocated seat will be able to exchange their seat for that match (within the same membership category), allowing them to bring along and introduce friends to the beautiful game.

How it works:

Visit ticketek.com.au to purchase your guest tickets for the selected match of your choice. To exchange your seat for the selected match simply enter the barcode shown on the back of your membership card. This will allow you to swap your seat for this occasion only so that you can sit with your guests. Members also have the opportunity to upgrade their seat at a discounted rate for one-off games using the Ticketek system. Members will still be able to purchase additional tickets in the upgraded category for their guests. Ticketek transaction fees may be incurred during this service.