Melbourne Football

Bruno Fornaroli - "El Tuna"

Murfy1

11 hours ago, hakz7 said:

Since we only used up 4 visas for most of the season and only usually played with 2-3 on the pitch because Hughes was always out, how is he not worth a visa spot? Not like we were going to pay him more than 80-90k...

Far out that is some twisted logic to try and prove your own point. Thank god you have no say in our player recruitment.

Edited by tommac

12 minutes ago, tommac said:

Far out that is some twisted logic to try and prove your own point. Thank god you have no say in our player recruitment.

So you're saying that Hughes had shown that he was more worthy of a visa spot than Safuwan?

41 minutes ago, hakz7 said:

So you're saying that Hughes had shown that he was more worthy of a visa spot than Safuwan?

I'm not saying anything about anyone but Safuwan- and what I'm saying about him, is that he is not a good enough footballer to justify us using a visa spot to sign him. 

Anyways, this is a Bruno thread and its blasphemous to talk about average visa players in the hall of the King. 

Edited by tommac
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, tommac said:

I'm not saying anything about anyone but Safuwan- and what I'm saying about him, is that he is not a good enough footballer to justify us using a visa spot to sign him. 

Anyways, this is a Bruno thread and its blasphemous to talk about average visa players in the hall of the King. 

Yeah no idea how this topic got into Bruno's thread but I'll just finally add that the consensus was that if we signed a player that would have been more reliable and useful than Safuwan, there wouldn't have been an issue. But the fact that a 35 y.o player who was never going to play more than 15 games (ended up not even playing more than 6) was chosen over keeping Safuwan was immediately deemed a poor decision and a waste of a VISA spot by most if not all of us - and rightly so.

Edited by hakz7
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, HEARTinator said:

Golden boot confirmed tonight. Well spoken and thanked his family. On the other hand, Harry was showing off his squeeze on the red carpet :up:

So was Harry there? Are players allocated attendance by their club or invited by the FFA? 

Gives me hope he isn't going.

Just now, rass said:

So was Harry there? Are players allocated attendance by their club or invited by the FFA? 

Gives me hope he isn't going.

My eyes told me he was there with a voluptuous woman. Seemed like they were gonna have a big night if you know what I mean :tooth:

• Like 1

The way he goes about things being such a competitive player etc, I could see him leaving for another crack at a much bigger league. Since he now kind of rebooted his career it gives him another opportunity to finish his career in a top league because he isn't getting any younger being 28.    

Anyway I really hope CFG can strike a massive marquee deal with him and convince him to stay in a stable enviroment where he dominates.  

What I fear most is that all signs and rumours indicate that next season we will have the Dutch muppet still in charge and all three of Bruno, Harry and Aaron gone. And I know firsthand that the prospect of the former staying could directly lead to the departure of one of the latter.

Edited by Cloughie
crap spelling

Fox football pod said he has been offered 2mil a season but unclear that he will accept it. Seems like he wants to go try and go to europe again. Man City should buy him and loan him out then send him back to us the season after :up:

• jw1739 locked this topic