Melbourne Football

Bruno Fornaroli - "El Tuna"

Murfy1

See, this is where I have the problem with how he is  being used.

Creator?

We have never had a 15 goal + per season CF.  This guy could be that IF the midfielders and the wide men get the ball to his feet inside the box.  He has the tight ball control, the tight turning, and he can get off a shot on target.  Why is he being forced to come so deep and hold the ball up- and yes before someone else says it, he CAN do that, I know, but it doesn't mean he SHOULD!

Agreed, with Mooy down the middle with support close either side feeding Bruno, the attack would be potent. Double marking Bruno would be a must and that would open the centre for a strike opportunity, and if no double teaming then Bruno would easily turn the defender around.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Agreed, with Mooy down the middle with support close either side feeding Bruno, the attack would be potent. Double marking Bruno would be a must and that would open the centre for a strike opportunity, and if no double teaming then Bruno would easily turn the defender around.

From what I saw in the pre-season this was precisely the way we were playing. Nice little one-twos between Tuna, Koren, Mauk, Dekker, etc; like a knife through butter. Now we seem to be bombing it long; expecting Tuna to hold it up a la Viduka and then lay it off.

I know it's a pretty contentious view, but I find Mooy can be too slow on the ball and too selfish; tries to beat three men every time before laying off a pass, by which time the gaps are closed. Koren and Mauk were better with Tuna than Mooy is.

• Like 3

From what I saw in the pre-season this was precisely the way we were playing. Nice little one-twos between Tuna, Koren, Mauk, Dekker, etc; like a knife through butter. Now we seem to be bombing it long; expecting Tuna to hold it up a la Viduka and then lay it off.

I know it's a pretty contentious view, but I find Mooy can be too slow on the ball and too selfish; tries to beat three men every time before laying off a pass, by which time the gaps are closed. Koren and Mauk were better with Tuna than Mooy is.

I stopped saying anything re Mooy's habits because I thought I might get banned from the forum and/or deported. 

Koren has actually linked up with Tuna better than any, 

at prsent out attack is fine, it's at the back where the problems lie.

• Like 1

I stopped saying anything re Mooy's habits because I thought I might get banned from the forum and/or deported. 

Koren has actually linked up with Tuna better than any, 

at prsent out attack is fine, it's at the back where the problems lie.

agree totally. The irony though just prior to the start I believed our defense was our strongest  point. Franjic. Kisnorbo/Hughes Chapman Zullo and Sorensen with Retre Garrucio Clisby and Tando as backup.

Oh how wrong was I. 

• Like 1

agree totally. The irony though just prior to the start I believed our defense was our strongest  point. Franjic. Kisnorbo/Hughes Chapman Zullo and Sorensen with Retre Garrucio Clisby and Tando as backup.

Oh how wrong was I. 

I don't think that you are wrong. The problem is that Franjic, Highes and Zullo are always injured. They may as well not have been here.

• Like 1

Its not  contentous view at all. Mooy DOES take too much time on the ball.

Best Player ever at thus club but.

• Like 1

Mooy can be too slow on the ball and too selfish

reason being, no one is making themselves available ( in a better position) or making a damaging run for him to thread a pass to

name me a midfielder in the world, past or present, who hasn't had to dwell on the ball

no one can play a lighting fast first or second touch ball every single time that they receive the ball

and remember all, this is the A League, no need for me to outline it's skill level in the hierarchy of world football

will be looking for either marquee status or size able pay increase come season end, if he keeps his form

His first goal last night showed his class, to twist and tun the defenders in a tight spot, then to stab it home rather than attempt to blast it

He was signed for 2 seasons. So can he change the contract midway? I know that unless the club releases him or sells him he can't move to another club. As to why would he move overseas? lets face it he played a lot of football in Europe but was unable to establish himself there which is why he was playing in Uruguay. The MLS have good scouts all over South America so the MLS is not likely to be a destination. So me thinks that either petro dollars can entice him or China.

Apparently on his way to NYC for the new MLS season.

Need him to score as many aspossible before January /February. 

Well so much for that two year contract. You watch them send over Villa for '14 games' as some kind of compensation if this does happen. But in all seriousness, as it's pretty clear I have been a very strong supporter of the take over. But if they did this, that would probably be the end of not just mine but everyone else's support

Edited by Dylan

If Bruno leaves for nycfc during the January transfer window I won't be turning up for games in the second half of the season if they don't give a shit about the clubs success then why should the supporters simple as that.

+1 !!

• jw1739 locked this topic