Melbourne Football

Round 25: Melbourne City v Wellington, AAMI Park, Sun 12 April 5.00 pm

Murfy1

My starting line up , Velaphi , Saf , Chapman , Kisnorbo , Clisby , Mooy , Eric .Murdocha , Novillo , Kennedy , Williams , Bench, Melling if fit , Jalliens, Retre , Redmayne, ( running out of fit players ) this gameis going to be tougher than people think Wellington coming off 2 defeats but at home we should have the edge.

My starting line up , Velaphi , Saf , Chapman , Kisnorbo , Clisby , Mooy , Eric .Murdocha , Novillo , Kennedy , Williams , Bench, Melling if fit , Jalliens, Retre , Redmayne, ( running out of fit players ) this gameis going to be tougher than people think Wellington coming off 2 defeats but at home we should have the edge.

We all dream of a team of Germanos...

Parking is going to be difficult because those GAYFL kents are playing across the road at the CrapCG.

You are as big as a bigot as that Eddie McGuire is. It really disappointing that people feel the two codes can't co exist. It's fine if you don't like one of the two codes of football but to go out of your way to belittle a sport goes to show how little you know when it comes to athletes and dedication, I for one don't watch either form of rugby but I will not go out of my way to bad mouth just so I can feel better about my brand of football or any sporting code for that matter. Eddie is a homosexual. The guy actually goes out of his way to bad mouth football.

Way too much casual racism and homophobia going on in here atm

• Like 5

Parking is going to be difficult because those GAYFL kents are playing across the road at the CrapCG.

You are as big as a bigot as that Eddie McGuire is. It really disappointing that people feel the two codes can't co exist. It's fine if you don't like one of the two codes of football but to go out of your way to belittle a sport goes to show how little you know when it comes to athletes and dedication, I for one don't watch either form of rugby but I will not go out of my way to bad mouth just so I can feel better about my brand of football or any sporting code for that matter.

Eddie is a homosexual. The guy actually goes out of his way to bad mouth football.

The guy is a diehard Celtic fan... and who gives a fuck if he was a homosexual and not a straight family man.

Marty and I actually saw him go out of his way to get personal photos with Neil Lennon, and Alan Thompson so do your research pal.

Not everything is so Black and White

Edited by cadete

You are as big as a bigot as that Eddie McGuire is. It really disappointing that people feel the two codes can't co exist. It's fine if you don't like one of the two codes of football but to go out of your way to belittle a sport goes to show how little you know when it comes to athletes and dedication, I for one don't watch either form of rugby but I will not go out of my way to bad mouth just so I can feel better about my brand of football or any sporting code for that matter.

Eddie is a homosexual. The guy actually goes out of his way to bad mouth football.

The guy is a diehard Celtic fan... and who gives a fuck if he was a homosexual and not a straight family man.

Marty and I actually saw him go out of his way to get personal photos with Neil Lennon, and Alan Thompson so do your research pal.

So if thats the case, i dont get why Eddie would fell the need to bag the A League on national TV like that.

I love AFL and football and i wouldnt consider bagging either sport.

So if thats the case, i dont get why Eddie would fell the need to bag the A League on national TV like that.

Because having a strong a league makes his job harder. It's business.

Anyway. To get back on topic I really hope we "show up" for this game.

Eddie is a homosexual. The guy actually goes out of his way to bad mouth football. The guy is a diehard Celtic fan... and who gives a fuck if he was a homosexual and not a straight family man.

Not everything is so Black and White So if thats the case, i dont get why Eddie would fell the need to bag the A League on national TV like that.

KSK hit the nail on the head, just look at the amount of Major Sport Administrators who have moved from one sport to another in this Country... Gallop, Anderson, O'Neill.

(Eventually Munn himself will probably end up back in an AFL position and you wont hear talking up Soccer as much anymore.)

Its part of their job to make one sport sound/look a lot better than another it does not necessarily mean they dislike or not follow another code.

And back on topic: I really hope we win this game because I can't attend, for some odd reason however I think we will win if we can just get the Wingers working quick and well early on in front of a Home Crowd then its a strong possibility.

And Corners... the more Corners City wins the more points it usually collects.

Melbourne City FC squad:  1.Andrew REDMAYNE (GK), 4.Connor CHAPMAN, 5.Erik PAARTALU, 6.Aaron MOOY, 7.Iain RAMSAY, 8.Massimo MURDOCCA, 9.Harry NOVILLO, 10.Robert KOREN, 13.Jonatan GERMANO, 15.David WILLIAMS, 16.Josh KENNEDY, 17.Jason HOFFMAN, 18.Paulo RETRE, 20.Tando VELAPHI (GK), 22.Jack CLISBY, 23.Mate DUGANDZIC, 24.Patrick KISNORBO, 27.Kew JALIENS

**two to be omitted**

Ins:  4.Connor CHAPMAN (returns from suspension), 17.Jason HOFFMAN (promoted)

Outs:  Nil

Unavailable:  3.Robbie WIELAERT (ankle – 2 weeks), 11.Damien DUFF (ankle/calf – indefinite), 14.James BROWN (foot – 6 weeks), 19.Ben GARUCCIO (ankle – 7 weeks), 25.Jacob MELLING (knee – 1 week)

Edited by bellydrum

I'd guess the defence will be:

Velaphi

Jaliens    Chapman     Kisnorbo       Clisby

That lineup has done well in the past, so I'm tipping Retre to drop out of the XI.

The 6 most forward players are tougher to pick. Does Germano, who's return to the team has coincided with an undefeated run, retain a place in midfield? And if so, what happens to Koren? I'm tipping:

Paartalu

Germano       Mooy

Koren            Kennedy             Novillo

Bench

Redmayne, Murdocca, Retre, Williams, Dugandzic

Williams and Dugandzic haven't been impressive lately, so I'd prefer shifting Koren out to the wing. Player for player the above XI is the strongest side City can field ATM IMO. The midfield is balanced with Paartalu, Germano, Mooy, and the front 3 should have enough quality to make things happen.

City should have the players to produce a good performance at home. Also, Wellington have been defensively fragile lately, making the absence of Sigmund more significant. There's no excuses at this point, and City have to show us what they can do.

• Like 2

I'd guess the defence will be:

Velaphi

Jaliens    Chapman     Kisnorbo       Clisby

That lineup has done well in the past, so I'm tipping Retre to drop out of the XI.

The 6 most forward players are tougher to pick. Does Germano, who's return to the team has coincided with an undefeated run, retain a place in midfield? And if so, what happens to Koren? I'm tipping:

Paartalu

Germano       Mooy

Koren            Kennedy             Novillo

Bench

Redmayne, Murdocca, Retre, Williams, Dugandzic

Williams and Dugandzic haven't been impressive lately, so I'd prefer shifting Koren out to the wing. Player for player the above XI is the strongest side City can field ATM IMO. The midfield is balanced with Paartalu, Germano, Mooy, and the front 3 should have enough quality to make things happen.

City should have the players to produce a good performance at home. Also, Wellington have been defensively fragile lately, making the absence of Sigmund more significant. There's no excuses at this point, and City have to show us what they can do.

For me, Germano has to keep his spot in the 11. Has been one of our in form players the last month.

Koren seriously needs a kick up the fuckin ass and for me what better way to do it than to sit his ass on the bench for this one and maybe chuck in Williams on the wing. If Williams produces fuck all, you put on Koren. I've just had enough of this cunt. Looks like he doesnt give 2 fucks about putting in when he's out there.

I'd like Kennedy to come off the bench after 70 mins, simply because he's only got 20 mins in him. The guy can't press for $hit but may be able to scrap a goal late when we start desperately pinging balls into the box.

I'd bring Willo on for Novillo after 60 as well, like (not so) Super Dave Harry is cooked after an hour.

I'd like Kennedy to come off the bench after 70 mins, simply because he's only got 20 mins in him. The guy can't press for $hit but may be able to scrap a goal late when we start desperately pinging balls into the box.

I'd bring Willo on for Novillo after 60 as well, like (not so) Super Dave Harry is cooked after an hour.

Bloody Kennedy. Might as well chuck a fuckin a vibrator out there.

At least you'd get more movent from it

• Like 1

Eddie is a homosexual. The guy actually goes out of his way to bad mouth football. The guy is a diehard Celtic fan... and who gives a fuck if he was a homosexual and not a straight family man.

Not everything is so Black and White So if thats the case, i dont get why Eddie would fell the need to bag the A League on national TV like that.

KSK hit the nail on the head, just look at the amount of Major Sport Administrators who have moved from one sport to another in this Country... Gallop, Anderson, O'Neill.

(Eventually Munn himself will probably end up back in an AFL position and you wont hear talking up Soccer as much anymore.)

Its part of their job to make one sport sound/look a lot better than another it does not necessarily mean they dislike or not follow another code.

Ian Robson has no issue with talking about AFL. In fact it's nearly always the first topic mentioned whenever he turns up at SEN, and it usually fills at least 50% of his time on air!

Edited by Pete Heartspur

Ian Robson has no issue with talking about AFL. In fact it's nearly always the first topic mentioned whenever he turns up at SEN, and it usually fills at least 50% of his time on air!

Because everyone wants to be friends with the biggest kid in the playground

You are as big as a bigot as that Eddie McGuire is. It really disappointing that people feel the two codes can't co exist. It's fine if you don't like one of the two codes of football but to go out of your way to belittle a sport goes to show how little you know when it comes to athletes and dedication, I for one don't watch either form of rugby but I will not go out of my way to bad mouth just so I can feel better about my brand of football or any sporting code for that matter. Eddie is a homosexual. The guy actually goes out of his way to bad mouth football.

Research has been done pal. Prior to the Asian Cup, he said the Asian Cup could be a "lemon" whereas he should be embracing such an event. He got out of his way that would benefit his photo album so l don't see how that will convince me that he is a die hard fan.

Is Safuwan still in Singapore?

It's not clear exactly what's happening with Safuwan ATM. Going off Safuwan's Instagram though, it looks like Safuwan has been seeing a sick relative and has been removed from all football.

I'd wager that Safuwan will be back with Melbourne City next week, training and in contention to play in the last 2 games.

It would be really appreciated though if Melbourne City could just tell it's supporters what's happening with Safuwan. Not even mentioning his name on the Ins and Outs list today was unimpressive, and another example IMO of the club needlessly and unproductively keeping its supporters in the dark.

It's not clear exactly what's happening with Safuwan ATM. Going off Safuwan's Instagram though, it looks like Safuwan has been seeing a sick relative and has been removed from all football.

I'd wager that Safuwan will be back with Melbourne City next week, training and in contention to play in the last 2 games.

It would be really appreciated though if Melbourne City could just tell it's supporters what's happening with Safuwan. Not even mentioning his name on the Ins and Outs list today was unimpressive, and another example IMO of the club needlessly and unproductively keeping its supporters in the dark.

Also missed out completely are Mauk and Marino - both I understand played in the NPL last weekend. Like Saf they at least deserve a mention, even if it's "Not selected."

• Like 1

This will sound heartless, but I have to question whether a player can have time off for a relative's illness. I can understand child/spouse but anyone else may be pushing things a bit far. If a condition of a contract is that he can return to Singapore whenever a not so near relative is ill, then I would reconsider signing him.

It would be really appreciated though if Melbourne City could just tell it's supporters what's happening with Safuwan. Not even mentioning his name on the Ins and Outs list today was unimpressive, and another example IMO of the club needlessly and unproductively keeping its supporters in the dark. Also missed out completely are Mauk and Marino - both I understand played in the NPL last weekend. Like Saf they at least deserve a mention, even if it's "Not selected."

Fuck Stefan Mauk the fuckin dog cunt I'll fuckin smash that cunt I fuckin swear fuckin cunt.

• Like 2

This will sound heartless, but I have to question whether a player can have time off for a relative's illness. I can understand child/spouse but anyone else may be pushing things a bit far. If a condition of a contract is that he can return to Singapore whenever a not so near relative is ill, then I would reconsider signing him.

IMO a bit harsh. Personally I'm proud to support a club that shows some compassion towards its players. 

• Like 3

Fuck off mate, time for you to get a family. If you do have one, try and appreciate them more.

Absolutely fucking ridiculous thing to say. City will still be here tomorrow.

• Like 2

It would be really appreciated though if Melbourne City could just tell it's supporters what's happening with Safuwan. Not even mentioning his name on the Ins and Outs list today was unimpressive, and another example IMO of the club needlessly and unproductively keeping its supporters in the dark. Also missed out completely are Mauk and Marino - both I understand played in the NPL last weekend. Like Saf they at least deserve a mention, even if it's "Not selected." This is the sort of mushroom treatment I'm whinging about. AFL clubs wouldn't do it, they'd keep the punters informed to help the gravy train flow.

Saf not being here is a big out and some explanation would be nice& the silence on M & M is deafening.

• Like 2

Doesn't only sound heartless. It is. Most insensitive and callous thing I've read in a while.

• Like 1