Melbourne Football

City Football Group (CFG) [Owner of Melbourne City]

Torn Asunder

• 3 weeks later...

Nissan and Melbourne City announce partnership

Thursday, 7 July 2016 -

Nissan and Melbourne City Football Club have entered into an exciting new partnership that will see the car-maker become the official automotive partner of the club.

The partnership is the first of its kind in Australia’s A-League and W-League, following Football Federation Australia’s regulations allowing clubs to sign automotive partners for the upcoming 2016/17 season.

The landmark deal will see the Nissan logo feature on the sleeve of the men’s team’s home and away jersey and the sleeve of the women’s away jersey.

The partnership will deliver a variety of benefits for Nissan in Australia, including strong brand presence at Melbourne City’s home at AAMI Park on match days, complemented by unique fan engagement opportunities throughout the season, in line with Nissan’s commitment to offering ‘unexpected access’ for fans of the sports it sponsors.

To mark the start of this new partnership, the #23 Nissan NISMO Altima Supercar, driven by Nissan Motorsport’s Michael Caruso, will bear Melbourne City FC branding at this weekend’s Townsville 400 round of the V8 Supercars Championship.

And to celebrate the new partnership and this A-League first, two Melbourne City FC competition winners were recently flown from Melbourne to Milan for the UEFA Champions League Final for a once-in-a lifetime footballing experience, courtesy of Nissan.

“Nissan has a global partnership with City Football Group, which includes teams in the UK, Japan and the USA, and today’s announcement is a natural progression of our strong association with, and support of, the world game,” said Richard Emery, Managing Director and CEO of Nissan Australia. “Nissan Australia is excited to work with Melbourne City Football Club to further strengthen both our brands and commitment to Australian sport.”

Melbourne City FC CEO Scott Munn said: “We are delighted to announce Nissan as the first ever Club Automotive Partner in the A-League. Nissan are, like us, committed to sustainability and innovation and that translates in a very real way to benefits for Melbourne City fans.

“This partnership will see a range of promotions and activities that bring fans closer to Melbourne City and to Nissan. By support for both the men’s and the women’s team, Nissan is demonstrating a real and deep commitment to, and passion for, football.”

The association follows Nissan’s five-year partnership with City Football Group, announced in July 2014. Nissan extended its connections in world football by agreeing a global partnership to become the Official Automotive Partner of City Football Group (CFG). The five-year deal represents a first for CFG, with Nissan becoming the first global partner of the football network, an organisation including Nissan majority owned Yokohama F. Marinos alongside Barclays Premier League Champions, Manchester City FC, Manchester City Women’s FC, New York City FC and Melbourne City FC.

Nissan is the official global automotive sponsor of the UEFA Super Cup and UEFA Champions League, with a four season deal that will cover the period 2014/2015 to 2017/2018. Nissan is also the official global automotive supplier to the Orange Africa Cup of Nations 2015, covering the qualifiers and the finals.

- See more at: http://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/article/nissan-and-melbourne-city-announce-partnership/1o6b73mkjw3bk1wfsjatng3ywi#sthash.VNF1whtj.dpuf
Read more at http://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/article/nissan-and-melbourne-city-announce-partnership/1o6b73mkjw3bk1wfsjatng3ywi#kiwYTEp3P74BWZ8f.99

-Deleted Image-

Edited by haz

5 minutes ago, hedaik said:

re: The UEFA Competition just posted by Melbourne City on Facebook.

Isnt one of the winners the same kid that keeps popping up on their videos doing tours of the facilities and taking photos at City games?

yeh and pretty sure the chick won the flight to adelaide semi final as well 
no idea how they got the ucl trip

5 minutes ago, Thrillhouse said:

yeh and pretty sure the chick won the flight to adelaide semi final as well 
no idea how they got the ucl trip

Perhaps by being loyal and positive fans of the club rather than many of us on here who are busy whingeing about the club at every opportunity...?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Perhaps by being loyal and positive fans of the club rather than many of us on here who are busy whingeing about the club at every opportunity...?

In that case its not a competition like they are advertising. And if it were a competition and the same people keep popping up as winners then it would warrant an ACCC investigation.

Something doesnt seem right to me. 

4 minutes ago, hedaik said:

In that case its not a competition like they are advertising. And if it were a competition and the same people keep popping up as winners then it would warrant an ACCC investigation.

TBH he was probably the only person who entered.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I must say, it looks much better than the "rewards" i used to get from heart like a fun evening of doing event photography for free

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hedaik said:

Reading the lad's comments, the competition was back last season. He was invited into the Chairman's Club (whatever that is) to watch the semi-final City vs. Perth as a result of entering that competition, and the trip to the final was a result of that.

I don't know the details of the actual competition involved, but there are competitions running on Cityzens on a regular basis - there are three going at the moment - so maybe it was one of those?

28 minutes ago, hedaik said:

re: The UEFA Competition just posted by Melbourne City on Facebook.

Isnt one of the winners the same kid that keeps popping up on their videos doing tours of the facilities and taking photos at City games?

That was exactly my first thoughts. He's always on the marketing etc.

But.. I have won a city competition previously. I won one of those momentum energy VIP seat things at a game. Got unlimited beer and food, butler, chauffeur, $300 odd worth of merchandise and other stuff

46 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Reading the lad's comments, the competition was back last season. He was invited into the Chairman's Club (whatever that is) to watch the semi-final City vs. Perth as a result of entering that competition, and the trip to the final was a result of that.

I don't know the details of the actual competition involved, but there are competitions running on Cityzens on a regular basis - there are three going at the moment - so maybe it was one of those?

don't remember seeing any special comp like that, closest thing was an auction to go in the chairmens lounge that went for 2000+ points and i don't think it was for the perth game, does seem pretty odd

The Facebook post said  "nissan gave two city fans unexpected access...." so it doesn't say it was a competition. They are both clearly being used as brand ambassadors but loads of companies do that. I dont think there is anything unethical about it providing they are not pretending their names were randomly chosen.

13 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

The Facebook post said  "nissan gave two city fans unexpected access...." so it doesn't say it was a competition. They are both clearly being used as brand ambassadors but loads of companies do that. I dont think there is anything unethical about it providing they are not pretending their names were randomly chosen.

Its been edited, the press release on their page still says competition 

http://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/article/nissan-and-melbourne-city-announce-partnership/1o6b73mkjw3bk1wfsjatng3ywi

And to celebrate the new partnership and this A-League first, two Melbourne City FC competition winners were recently flown from Melbourne to Milan for the UEFA Champions League Final for a once-in-a lifetime footballing experience, courtesy of Nissan. - See more at: http://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/article/nissan-and-melbourne-city-announce-partnership/1o6b73mkjw3bk1wfsjatng3ywi#sthash.wP7bhV7v.dpuf
Read more at http://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/article/nissan-and-melbourne-city-announce-partnership/1o6b73mkjw3bk1wfsjatng3ywi#tFDalOMRZV1obRl7.99 

So Im assuming it was just a fuckup by the media person and it was never a competition and they were selectively picked. Still makes me wonder why the same kid (and girl by the sounds of it) keep popping up. 

1 hour ago, hedaik said:

I have noticed this and it makes me quite angry for some reason... and to further agree with you something definitely does not feel right about it 

Edited by CALZALOL
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, hedaik said:

Its been edited, the press release on their page still says competition 

So Im assuming it was just a fuckup by the media person and it was never a competition and they were selectively picked. Still makes me wonder why the same kid (and girl by the sounds of it) keep popping up. 

That is a pretty big fuck up.

I am guessing these two are continuously being picked because the have certain qualities that uphold the melbourne city brand (a dogmatic positivity towards anything the club does would be one i assume) as well as having a reach to a desired audience on social media. 

*this is all speculation of course

Edited by KSK_47
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, n i k o said:

Irrespective of who gets it this is quite phenomenal. As far as I know no other aleague club is close to offering anything like this to their fans. 

This is the point. Okay that little nerd wins a couple times but seriously what other club actually gives away some much stuff. 

Good luck to kid and when he turns 18 he might win a car.

1 minute ago, Torn Asunder said:

Tbh the odds of winning one of our comps is pretty good because not many people are entering.  Get on it people!

This is true,  I've won close to 20 tickets, signed shirt and the opportunity for my younger brother to be a mascot all on Cityzens.

Also,  is that girl wearing Corey's training shirt while she's in Milan?

39 minutes ago, rass said:

You realise that lad is a member on this forum...

Maybe we should ask his opinion on jvs. If he says anything positive or tries to dodge the question we know he is on the city payroll

Edited by KSK_47
  • Like 5

It is interesting though isn't it... have to ask what real chance does the average follower have of being chosen for these prizes... is it an actual competition or more a reward for how many times you tweet your love about Man City?

If that's the case, most of us will never get the 'opportunity'...

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, malloy said:

All the competitions are rigged. People shouldn't even bother entering.

Perhaps they are. But I would expect that any organization, football club or otherwise, is likely to reward its fans rather than its knockers, and IMO is quite entitled to do so. Sorry, don't think the club has any case to answer on this one.

Edited by jw1739

1 minute ago, jw1739 said:

Perhaps they are. But I would expect that any organization, football club or otherwise, is likely to reward is fans rather than its knockers, and IMO is quite entitled to do so. Sorry, don't think the club has any case to answer on this one.

Lol, it was a tongue in cheek comment. Torn was encouraging people to enter competitions and thus reducing the probability of winning them.

9 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Sorry, don't think the club has any case to answer on this one.

They do if they don't follow the law. You can't run a promotion offering prizes that people never have a chance of winning to entice people to your product. 

http://www.vcglr.vic.gov.au/home/gambling/new+applicants/trade+promotion+lottery/

A trade promotion lottery is a lottery designed to promote a trade or business. This includes any scheme that gives away prizes by any means that include an element of chance at any stage. Even if partially skills-based, the scheme will still have to be conducted in accordance with the regulations.

Edited by hedaik
  • Like 1