Melbourne Football

Harry Novillo (gone)

n i k o

Would not be surprised to see novillo as our striker next season with Kennedy retiring.

Wouldn't mind seeing Novillo as a striker alongside Kennedy.

Kennedy as target man with Novillo playing off his shoulder

Meaning that we basically play 4-4-2, with overlaps coming from the two wider midfielders rather than the full-backs, i.e. 4-4-2 in defence changing to 4-2-4 in attack. Much better IMO. Doesn't leave us so vulnerable to the quick counter, and gives us more options up front.

But try weaning van 't Schip off his game plan....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Any significance to this tweet?

@MelbourneCity @novillo_harry ready to travel to melbourne city :P i can't wait. #shmurdaDance!!!!

Yeah... the significance is that he's late for training!

Bloody visa players treating the a league like some kind of holiday!

We saw what happened to Chris Yarran when he came late for training didn't we?

He had no petrol money for a week!!

no worries. It's ok not to laugh at my jokes. Suggest you just blame "auto correct " in any case.

His mum does look like Nova (of whom I know well, when I lived in Darwin she was front page every second day, seemingly  NT's favourite daughter) in that photo but on the other hand those glasses don't really look like they belong to a guy with Titanium legs (to me anyway)

no worries. It's ok not to laugh at my jokes. Suggest you just blame "auto correct " in any case.

His mum does look like Nova (of whom I know well, when I lived in Darwin she was front page every second day, seemingly  NT's favourite daughter) in that photo but on the other hand those glasses don't really look like they belong to a guy with Titanium legs (to me anyway)

Didn't she have affairs with someone? Remember reading and hearing it on tv

Yeah, she's had some negative publicity that's for sure (about her conduct as a pollie) but she dropped a notch in my eye, when on winning the commonwealth 200m (I think it was) saying that Gainsford Taylor's injury (that caused her to pull up about 10m from the line when several metres ahead) was due to "pressure". Not a gracious winner. 

I've gotta say, as excited I am about us re-signing this guy and how much I love him, it is pretty bloody unprofessional by the club to let him run riot on Twitter. Like don't get me wrong I hate the secrecy of CFG, but if they are serious about it they would surely contact Harry and say "we want to announce your re-signing on x date and you should keep this to yourself until then". Instead the secretive CFG have allowed him to allude to and confirm his re-signing several times over social media. Looks pretty unprofessional tbh.