Melbourne Football

The Kew Jaliens thread

kingofhearts

fwiw I actually think Jaliens is better than Kisnorbo. But some dickhead made him captain

Jaliens has a better CV than Paddy, but have you actually seen Kew "play" this season?

We'd be better off playing young Ross Archibald. Jaliens was abysmal every time I saw him and should not play in the NPL, let alone the A League. he's only an injury replacement so it's not the end of the world but it just seems so pointless. Would also definitely rather the Hoff at CB ahead of this old man.

As to how I will celebrate the signing? hmm. A bender perhaps, or by cleaning my on boots and heading down to training in the hope I also will be picked up by our astute 32 scouts

Edited by Shahanga
  • Like 3

i actually dont think this is a bad signing, particularly as its on an injury replacement deal.

ill be honest, i havent watched a lot of the jets this season but i saw a bit of them last season and thought jaliens was pretty decent. obviously hes had a bad season this year but hey when your surrounded by spuds it can drag everyone down.

he'll be better than wielaart imo and possibly better than paddy. at worst we've given ourselves another option at cb without taking up a spot on the list. Injury replacement players at this point in time are only going to be free agents or state league players anyway given that the transfer window just closed. This one even has 15 international caps

• Like 1

fwiw I actually think Jaliens is better than Kisnorbo. But some dickhead made him captain

Jaliens has a better CV than Paddy, but have you actually seen Kew "play" this season?

We'd be better off playing young Ross Archibald. Jaliens was abysmal every time I saw him and should not play in the NSL, let alone the A League. he's only an injury replacement so it's not the end of the world but it just seems so pointless. Would also definitely rather the Hoff at CB ahead of this old man.

As to how I will celebrate the signing? hmm. A bender perhaps, or by cleaning my on boots and heading down to training in the hope I also will be picked up by our astute 32 scouts

Ask yourself the same question and look at last season. Streets ahead of Kisnorbo. Besides, I dont think you can blame any Newcastle player playing badly this season given what is going on over there.

People get fixated on the flashy last ditch stuff that Kisnorbo does (which is very rare by the way). He is just an old school hack. Oh and was to blame for two of those goals in the last derby if you want a specific example.

fwiw I actually think Jaliens is better than Kisnorbo. 

It's not the player we're signing thats the issue (for me anyway) it's the position. We have currently Kisnorbo, Chapman and Safuwan who can play CB. We have enough people to play that position, we desperately needed to sign a winger or anybody to get ramsay out of the squad.

• Like 2

For me the problem with Jaliens (aside from some of his skills) is his attitude. After a loss early in the season immediately after the match live cross to him, he said 'don't look at me, I'm doing what I have been asked to do'. For a senior player and captain of his team to say things like that was a sackable offence (hey what a surprise). This club does not need any more shit attitudes within the playing squad.

• Like 1

For me the problem with Jaliens (aside from some of his skills) is his attitude. After a loss early in the season immediately after the match live cross to him, he said 'don't look at me, I'm doing what I have been asked to do'. For a senior player and captain of his team to say things like that was a sackable offence (hey what a surprise). This club does not need any more shit attitudes within the playing squad.

Not trying to stick up for him, but to me that translates as 'I am doing what the manager has told me to do, but he has no fucking idea'

• Like 4

Not trying to stick up for him, but to me that translates as 'I am doing what the manager has told me to do, but he has no fucking idea' It will be like he never left the jets.
  • Like 1

He'll be officially announced as a Melbourne City player on Thursday morning. But I'm not sure about the time... Anyone have an idea?

If you aren't bullshitting, then I think the best thing this club has intentionally done for the fans is to run with the Thursday 10am announcement.

PS: making the away jersey doesn't count as it was only done due to FFA not allowing sky blue.

• Like 1

Surely we need a winger as replacement

we'll still get an injury replacement for duff.

Don't expect too much tho, any free agents have just been snapped up in the January transfer window so we'll picking someone up unproven or at the tail end of their careers. A gun player coming on an injury replacement deal could only happen if ALL the stars aligned the right way.

That's just the way it is.

So the jest get Boogard we sign Jaliens.

Which one is the better deal????

Different situation. We were offering an injury replacement contract for a few weeks and the jets were offering three years. I accept the circumstances are totally different. My point is the type and most importantly the age and potential of both players. Boogard is a bona-fide starter in most if not all squads. Jaliens will struggle to replace Chapman and Kisnorbo barring injuries. So we are bringing in a bloke to sit on the bench and maybe play if we get low on numbers. I think its a pointless and even backward move. Better to throw Archibald a challenge and see if he can cut it. So far instead of challenging our extended squad were bringing in more squad players. Edited by Jovan

So the jest get Boogard we sign Jaliens.

Which one is the better deal????

Different situation. We were offering an injury replacement contract for a few weeks and the jets were offering three years. I accept the circumstances are totally different. My point is the type and most importantly the age and potential of both players. Boogard is a bona-fide starter in most if not all squads. Jaliens will struggle to replace Chapman and Kisnorbo barring injuries. So we are bringing in a bloke to sit on the bench and maybe play if we get low on numbers. I think its a pointless and even backward move. Better to throw Archibald a challenge and see if he can cut it. So far instead of challenging our extended squad were bringing in more squad players.

Archibald has been thrown the challenge twice this season, and failed fucking horribly.

• Like 2