Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

1 hour ago, Missing_Moy said:

i was thinking more along the Brisbane Roar - Dads Army recruitment strategy and getting Scott McDonald. Also would fit with our sponspors!

Redeem a Big Mac if city wins,  but wait if McDonald scores and city wins you get double the Big Mac

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Surely if he signs for Manchester we'll be caught by the "Caceres Rule" and he won't be able to play for us next season?

No i dont think so, because he's been released from CCM as opposed to bought.

14 minutes ago, bt50 said:

No i dont think so, because he's been released from CCM as opposed to bought.

Exactly. His contract was terminated because of a clause. So he is a free agent and therefore free to move to any club. 

If he signed with Manchester though, then he could be loaned to us because the rule is a player can be loaned after a period of time has lapsed, which is 'the earlier of: the end of the term remaining on the player's contract with their immediately preceding A-League club, or once two A-League registration periods have passed from the date of their transfer overseas.'

So that would be the first limb, which would effectively be zero, no?

Edited by Harrison
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Harrison said:

Exactly. His contract was terminated because of a clause. So he is a free agent and therefore free to move to any club. 

If he signed with Manchester though, then he could be loaned to us because the rule is a player can be loaned after a period of time has lapsed, which is 'the earlier of: the end of the term remaining on the player's contract with their immediately preceding A-League club, or once two A-League registration periods have passed from the date of their transfer overseas.'

So that would be the first limb, which would effectively be zero, no?

@Harrison Whereabouts are these rules spelled out in black and white? I'd like to keep a reference copy. 

We won't announce visa names until August. Maybe we should have (again) separated topics for domestic players.  We have shed considerable number of players, traditionally. It's going to be interesting where we'll  find better ones. Let's pretend not knowing, it's not Adelaide. 

37 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

This is just about the low point time for this thread every off-season. Clearly there's no urgency on the part of Malik or Bozanic to re-sign for us, nor us to re-sign either of them even assuming we want to.

Dont worry JW we just need to make our own rumor again, will need to be someone different since Iniesta is out of the equation.

19 minutes ago, haz said:

Dont worry JW we just need to make our own rumor again, will need to be someone different since Iniesta is out of the equation.

@haz I'm not worried at all. My feeling is that Joyce drives a hard bargain. He will have decided what a particular player is worth and he won't go above that. My gut feeling is that we will see a fairly young squad with a number of key older players. I could be completely wrong of course...it's not unknown!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

@haz I'm not worried at all. My feeling is that Joyce drives a hard bargain. He will have decided what a particular player is worth and he won't go above that. My gut feeling is that we will see a fairly young squad with a number of key older players. I could be completely wrong of course...it's not unknown!

I just want to start a rumor so all the dodgy "Transfer Sources" pick it up in the media

I think you are right Jw. If rumours of de diva and  Wales are accurate it we be like mar wood implied. The a league as a vehicle to value add to young players to recoup finances and build an inexpensive squad. Arzani and Atkinson will also be there and I have a feeling Joyce is set to unveil a few more of the scholarship players this season.  So there will be a large u22 component. If they make another say 10 million from 10 players then the clubs fundamental business plan is working. I know that we can lose our overall competitiveness for titles with this approach early on but if a young squad can stay together and learn from the older players they will soon be in a place where they could make a tilt at a toilet seat or two. 

This is where it gets wrongly.  The club is a full time business.  It shouldn't shutdown  City just lags behind the most successful clubs in keeping and filling the full roster, as much as possible. We are famous for releasing domestic players.  But that resource pool is very shallow and limited. Playing with only youth isn't happening. I'm annual member (even over off-season) whose mship is about to be renewed.  In the same time, the rest of the club structures are having long holiday. 

4 hours ago, Andrew Edmonds said:

Rostyn Griffiths coming back to Australia. What's everyone's opinion if we went after him? Also considering Malik hasn't signed a contract extension. 

Would give our midfield more balance if Malik goes IMO

7 hours ago, Andrew Edmonds said:

Rostyn Griffiths coming back to Australia. What's everyone's opinion if we went after him? Also considering Malik hasn't signed a contract extension. 

My concern with him would be that he seems to head off to Asia at any opportunity, he was captain at Perth and still up and left 

43 minutes ago, neio said:

My concern with him would be that he seems to head off to Asia at any opportunity, he was captain at Perth and still up and left 

I dont think Perth as a club are the bastions of security and professionalism...

All speculation. We're not confirmed as having signed anyone so far, and neither is there any word on Malik and Bozanic.

The Budzinski situation is absurd unless we either play him or find him another club that he's happy with. Going into next season with a visa marquee that the manager seems reluctant to play is ridiculous management.

• Like 1

On 31/05/2018 at 11:31 AM, n i k o said:

The transition of quality content on this forum from season end to preseason is bang on lol...

e5pUcVc2x6SafszTlRs1eTsdilk=.gif

After you posted Simpsons content....

Edited by haz
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

• jw1739 pinned this topic