Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

15 hours ago, illeatyourheart said:

Why do we need a no. 10? I reckon Brandan would fit in there easy (especially going off his higlight vids before he arrived). This team/formation seems balanced to me and fits in with the structure they seem to be pushing.

Bouzanis
    Tongyik Jakobsen Muscat
Franjic       Kilkenny         Colazo
        Brattan      Brandan
              Bruno Timmy

Actually like the look of that.  Not generally a fan of back three, but with those wing backs I'd be happier.

• Like 3

On 23/12/2016 at 11:39 PM, illeatyourheart said:

Why do we need a no. 10? I reckon Brandan would fit in there easy (especially going off his higlight vids before he arrived). This team/formation seems balanced to me and fits in with the structure they seem to be pushing.

Bouzanis
    Tongyik Jakobsen Muscat
        Brattan      Brandan
              Bruno Timmy

I'll agree with you

everytime Brandan has played more central, he looks a much better player

19 hours ago, japiedog said:
On 12/23/2016 at 11:39 PM, illeatyourheart said:

Bouzanis
    Tongyik Jakobsen Muscat
        Brattan      Brandan
              Bruno Timmy

Agree except we still have JVS at the helm.

22 minutes ago, Andrew Edmonds said:

I really doubt this is true, and hope it isn't true.. but a person in a City Facebook group who's been correct about quite a few things is saying Bulut is signing as an injury replacement for Gameiro... hope he's wrong

Pretty sure he's going to Thailand.

1 minute ago, jw1739 said:

But as an injury replacement that's all we can get. It's like for like remember. ATM we are two men short of a full squad, and that isn't helping us one iota.

Especially as one or two of them don't get a game even when they are fit and we are short in their position (Chapman) or play in positions where our squad is over supplied (Retre).  Our problems start with an unbalanced and poorly recruited squad, and we are starting to see the problems this causes.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jw1739 said:

But as an injury replacement that's all we can get. It's like for like remember. ATM we are two men short of a full squad, and that isn't helping us one iota.

Surely  We don't have to get someone in exact same position as injury replacement, we can get whoever we want just has to be on same money 

Edited by neio

I wonder what will happen with transfers this window now JVS is gone.

-Will we only make "CFG Signings"

-Will Valkanis be given permission to sign short term players, ie injury replacements?

-Has our coach already been selected for next season and influence some behind the scenes signings?

-Nothing will happen and we will continue to have a shaky defense?

Edited by haz
  • Like 1

Our squad is the best in the league, hopefully a new manager will fix our shaky defence just with his structures which should be enough. 

Also never allowing josh rose on the pitch would be a big help.

My question is what happens with Sorensen. Having a visa goal keeper who is currently sitting on the bench is a waste of a spot, will they buy him out and get an Aussie back up (please bring back tando 😍😍😍)

Of course the new coach could always reinstall Sorenson as the number 1 again 

• Like 1

Just now, Matinclattenberg1 said:

Just spoke with certain coaching staff at city. Sorensen isn't leaving, which means we aren't going for another visa player. Kerem Bulut, is going to sign as an injury replacement for Corey. Chappy is set to be released to a team in Asia aswell 

Ffs :droy:

Out of every position on the field we need why sign one where we have an abundance of riches at

3 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

Ffs :droy:

Out of every position on the field we need why sign one where we have an abundance of riches at

I thought we had to sign "like-for-like." We have two wingers out for the season, so I don't see this as overload.

7 minutes ago, samardzija said:

Bulut isn't a reject, just has a attitude problem. Is worth a punt on for sure.

I would have hoped we would have learned that lesson from Novillo. 

And his ability is no where near Novillo's.

Not worth the hassles.

• Like 1

• jw1739 pinned this topic