Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

Looks like we've defiantly signed Fitzgerald . 

-Deleted Image-

Apparently the deal was signed on the 17th of January as an injury replacement for Gameiro. So it's only a 6 month contract. 

Should be announced either today or tomorrow 

Edited by haz

If Paartalu and Koren leave, then I would want the new marquee and a guest player to be a CB and a CDM. With either one of them being an Asian player. 

If we can get those two positions right and  with Sorenson in goals,  then we will be winning games like the womens team. 

19 minutes ago, haz said:

If Paartalu and Koren leave, then I would want the new marquee and a guest player to be a CB and a CDM. With either one of them being an Asian player. 

If we can get those two positions right and  with Sorenson in goals,  then we will be winning games like the womens team. 

Guest Player: Vidic 

Position : CB 

Contract Status: Free Agent 

Marquee: Makoto Hasebe or Hajime Hosogai

Position: CDM 

Contract Status : Both Expire 30/06/16

Edited by haz

1 hour ago, bt50 said:

Fox Sports News just ran a story that Paartalu is off to Jeonbuk...

would love to say i told you all so :)

franjic - looking less likely to leave in Jan but still a slight chance to depart.

I still believe from what ive been told James Troisi is coming in,

Edited by AntiScum

8 hours ago, haz said:

Looks like we've defiantly signed Fitzgerald . 

Screenshot_2016-01-20-09-33-50.thumb.png

Apparently the deal was signed on the 17th of January as an injury replacement for Gameiro. So it's only a 6 month contract. 

Should be announced either today or tomorrow 

Interesting that it's been suggested that Fitzgerald's an injury replacement for Gameiro. The media thought that Caceres was the replacement for Gameiro (he could still be, the announcement didn't explicitly say he is or he isn't). The media keeping reporting Fitzgerald's signing as fact: "There has been plenty of movement at the City Football Academy, with players leaving (Tando Velaphi and David Williams) and new ones arriving (Central Coast duo Anthony Caceres and Nick Fitzgerald)" (link).

Report today that we're linked with Alex Wilkinson: "Melbourne City has also been linked with the central defender". Reportedly Wilkinson will decide on his next club before the end of the month. This report is in line with "the Secret Agent" article that Melbourne City put forward an offer for Wilkinson 3 weeks ago (http://www.sportingnews.com/list/4689500-alex-gersbach-wanted-by-english-championship-club/slide/422300).

Davutovic reporting Paartalu won't leave this Jan, "City midfielder Erik Paartalu is likely to remain with City despite reports linking him with Koreans Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors. City told Paartalu they’d let him leave after he was axed for the FFA Cup semi-final loss to Perth Glory" (link). Also some responses on social media saying the purported Korea move isn't happening: 

Although with today's news on the marquee front, I'd say January is far from over for Melbourne City.

• Like 1

Really hope the club can sign a player close to the end of their prime who can have a big impact on a team like Mirko Vučinić does at Al Jazira.  He's scored 27 goals in 29 games for them. But then again, he's on over $7 mullion AUD a year, which is way to much to pay a marquee in the A-League 

Edited by haz

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

A lot of this seems to be stemming from whatever caused JvS to play what was essentially a youth team for "that FFA Cup match" in Perth. Does anyone really know the background to what happened before that match?

If you look at what has happened to the visitors since they won the FFA Cup it wouldn't surprise me if it were seen as a distraction from the main goal of a good League finish. Perhaps it was seen as a banana skin this season

Can we get the "Desert Fox" himself?

The man who single handedly crushed the middle eastern titans -- Saudi Arabia?
The man who carried a war-torn Iraqi squad wearing make-shift white jerseys to the Asia Cup final?
The man who carried the weight of a broken nation on his shoulders, only a year after the war officially ended?

Younis Mahmoud

?m=02&d=20070730&t=2&i=1213193&w=460&fh=

Kebabs

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

A lot of this seems to be stemming from whatever caused JvS to play what was essentially a youth team for "that FFA Cup match" in Perth. Does anyone really know the background to what happened before that match?

I don't know about any of that, but it would have been a fair result if JVS had been sacked straight after the game.

Edited by Shahanga

8 hours ago, belaguttman said:

Unless he was told to focus on the HAL and forget the FFA Cup, then I'd expect him to resign

Well seeing as Munn blamed his selections for the result and was very disappointed in losing, it's pretty clear JVS wasn't following instructions.

As to what transpired in conversations back and forth from Munn and CFG afterwards, who knows.

11 hours ago, strider said:

Can we get the "Desert Fox" himself?

The man who single handedly crushed the middle eastern titans -- Saudi Arabia?
The man who carried a war-torn Iraqi squad wearing make-shift white jerseys to the Asia Cup final?
The man who carried the weight of a broken nation on his shoulders, only a year after the war officially ended?

Younis Mahmoud

?m=02&d=20070730&t=2&i=1213193&w=460&fh=

Kebabs

I thought Rommel was the desert fox

2 hours ago, Shahanga said:

Well seeing as Munn blamed his selections for the result and was very disappointed in losing, it's pretty clear JVS wasn't following instructions.

As to what transpired in conversations back and forth from Munn and CFG afterwards, who knows.

I was thinking more as to why Erik Paartalu was told he could leave the club after he was dropped for that match. Since then he's actually played some of his better matches for us.

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

I was thinking more as to why Erik Paartalu was told he could leave the club after he was dropped for that match. Since then he's actually played some of his better matches for us.

Wasn't sure where you were going so I guess I hijacked it.

It shits me no end how often in football a player who is struggling gets dropped and instead of sucking it up and lifting he wants out straight away.  Maybe instead of offering a release the club should have found a nice way to say HTFU. (Actually on further thought this is probably as much a younger generation issue as anything)

• jw1739 pinned this topic