Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

9 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Wasn't sure where you were going so I guess I hijacked it.

It shits me no end how often in football a player who is struggling gets dropped and instead of sucking it up and lifting he wants out straight away.  Maybe instead of offering a release the club should have found a nice way to say HTFU. (Actually on further thought this is probably as much a younger generation issue as anything)

I think we've tried quite hard not to be that kind of club, or not to have that kind of reputation. I'd say we've been fairly generous to a number of players who clearly weren't delivering, whether it be time on the pitch or what they did when they were there.

4 minutes ago, Blackout said:

Yes and no Shahanga. If it was my livelihood on the line,  I would be looking for Greener pastures also.

Still getting paid, his livelihood was never in question, just no longer being selected on reputation.

I don't mean to come across as rude but I presume you are gen y?

Older generations are in general more used to "robust"discussions and fighting to over come stuff, with lower expectations of entitlement. We struggle to understand that sense of entitlement we regularly see (like playing poorly and expecting to be selected regardless).

Incidentally being dropped was the best thing that has happened to Eric at the clu b. Had played much better ever since.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Still getting paid, his livelihood was never in question, just no longer being selected on reputation.

I don't mean to come across as rude but I presume you are gen y?

Older generations are in general more used to "robust"discussions and fighting to over come stuff, with lower expectations of entitlement. We struggle to understand that sense of entitlement we regularly see (like playing poorly and expecting to be selected regardless).

Incidentally being dropped was the best thing that has happened to Eric at the clu b. Had played much better ever since.

HA what a load of garbage, another one of those older generations having another pissing contest about how supposedly their life was tougher.

Edited by Dylan
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Shahanga said:

Wasn't sure where you were going so I guess I hijacked it.

It shits me no end how often in football a player who is struggling gets dropped and instead of sucking it up and lifting he wants out straight away.  Maybe instead of offering a release the club should have found a nice way to say HTFU. (Actually on further thought this is probably as much a younger generation issue as anything)

To be fair, there could be a lot more too it than that. His contract may have something about having to play when fit or perhaps it wasn't as simple as him just being dropped but maybe it started a big rift between him and JVS. Too difficult to assume from the outside looking in.

8 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

To be fair, there could be a lot more too it than that. His contract may have something about having to play when fit or perhaps it wasn't as simple as him just being dropped but maybe it started a big rift between him and JVS. Too difficult to assume from the outside looking in.

There is alot more to this story then meets the eye. I wonder if he will come out and speak whats really happened, but i think there will be a clause for him to remain silent.

57 minutes ago, Dylan said:

HA what a load of garbage, another one of those older generations having another pissing contest about how supposedly their life was tougher.

Lol.

bit sensitive on that one?

Every previous generation had it harder & that's a good thing. No point busting your arse only to see the world get worse. I'm thankful I don't have the life my grandfather had.

Im not anti young people- far from it, but it's true to say a much larger % of them expect things on a platter than was once the case. Doesn't mean you do, so don't take it personally.

25 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

What kind of a club would agree to a deal like that?

I can't imagine Arnold doing it for a second.  Incidentally Arnold dropped Taveres for O'Neill & it was just business as usual.

27 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Lol.

bit sensitive on that one?

Every previous generation had it harder & that's a good thing. No point busting your arse only to see the world get worse. I'm thankful I don't have the life my grandfather had.

Im not anti young people- far from it, but it's true to say a much larger % of them expect things on a platter than was once the case. Doesn't mean you do, so don't take it personally.

He will need a counsellor after that post.

20 hours should do it.

Who would he displace if we brought him in? Is he currently that much better than whoever he would displace?

We're better off looking at bringing in a midfielder and a defender with the Marquee and Guest spots we have available.

Edited by Embee
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kinnibari said:

Nothing wrong with being a woman.

Alas I have squandered my likes.

You are quite right.

I do have a problem though with people who due to never reading posts properly, identifying me as a woman and having kept my sense of humour twice in correcting them from their bizarre conclusion, now find that sense of humour is all used up.

8 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

You are quite right.

I do have a problem though with people who due to never reading posts properly, identifying me as a woman and having kept my sense of humour twice in correcting them from their bizarre conclusion, now find that sense of humour is all used up.

Are you on your period bruv?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

You are quite right.

There are a lot of brain dead wankers on here it's true

So listening to SEN this morning Francis Leach reckoned we we're going to turn over 25% of our squad in January.

Now that would be 6 players. assuming it's not simply bullshit, I suspect it will be 6 players in (ie including injury replacements) so Bozanzis, Caceres, Fitzy are 3. A replacement for Koren is 4, an injury replacement for Chappy would be 5 & IF we could trade JB that would be 6.

5 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

So listening to SEN this morning Francis Leach reckoned we we're going to turn over 25% of our squad in January.

Now that would be 6 players. assuming it's not simply bullshit, I suspect it will be 6 players in (ie including injury replacements) so Bozanzis, Caceres, Fitzy are 3. A replacement for Koren is 4, an injury replacement for Chappy would be 5 & IF we could trade JB that would be 6.

you're taking radiospeak as gospel 

I think we'll add Fitzgerald, a marquee and a guest from here. 

In theory a marquee and a guest should be close to, if not the best players on our team, especially given the coin we can afford if required.

fucking exciting tbh.

Edited by bt50
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

And I sense that CFG have settled into the task of turning Melbourne Heart into Melbourne City, powerhouse of Australian and Asian football, and that everything we thought would happen is going to happen, and I for one am going to love every minute of it.

yep!

It's funny - during last season the victard supporters I know (and are related to!) wouldnt shut up - I kept hearing how money means nothing, cfg are gonna treat us like a red headed stepchild, Victory will always be the powerhouse etc.

Boy, have they shut up this season. And we havnt even got the ball rolling yet! I think it's taken to about now for even ex Heart fans to realise just how serious, calculated & cunning CFG will be to achieve ultimate success.

Edited by CityHeart
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, CityHeart said:

yep!

It's funny - during last season the victard supporters I know (and are related to!) wouldnt shut up - I kept hearing how money means nothing, cfg are gonna treat us like a red headed stepchild, Victory will always be the powerhouse etc.

Boy, have they shut up this season. And we havnt even got the ball rolling yet! I think it's taken to about now for even ex Heart fans to realise just how serious, calculated & cunning CFG will be to achieve ultimate success.

Victory don't even have a training facility. They just borrow one

Melbourne City trade Olyroo Stefan Mauk for Adelaide’s Osama Malik

David Davutovic

An hour ago

Melbourne City has made the most obvious statement of their intent to win this season’s title by sacrificing talented Stefan Mauk to secure experienced Adelaide United defender Osama Malik.

The shock swap will be completed within 48 hours, with Malik travelling with Adelaide to Brisbane for tonight’s A-League clash before relocating to Melbourne.

Midfielder Mauk is due to return to Melbourne having been in Qatar for the Olyroos’ failed Rio 2016 qualifiers, but will move to Adelaide next week.

Malik, 25, was due to join City in a swap for David Williams before the attacker rejected Adelaide’s deal to pursue a contract in Hungary.

But Malik requested a transfer and while Melbourne Victory were interested, City was able to satisfy Adelaide by offering SA product Mauk, 20, as makeweight.

Mauk and Malik have are both understood to have agreed deals with their new clubs until 2018 _ Mauk’s City contract expired this season while Malik had another season to run on his.

City coach John van’t Schip’s decision to release Mauk for Malik underlines his defensive concerns and perhaps his desperation to win the A-League title this season.

Mauk, who signed for City in 2012, has had a breakthrough campaign, scoring four goals in 12 games after starting just three games and never playing 90 minutes prior to this season.

Mauk has attracted interest from Belgium, Holland and Germany and it’s believed a clause has been inserted, paving the way for him to move to Europe if a club can trigger the minimum release fee.

Speaking after scoring in the December Melbourne derby win, Mauk expressed his delight at finally winning a regular spot at City.

“It’s always disappointing being a young player, sometimes it’s hard to get minutes, we’ve always had good players in my position so it’s just about taking that chance,’’ Mauk said.

“Maybe this year I’ve taken it more than I have previously and maybe it’s a bit of maturity, knowing that maybe I’ll only get one chance and that was the first derby of the season.”

While City’s midfield is cluttered with the arrival of Anthony Caceres, Mauk will compete for a midfield spot with former Melbourne Victory player Jimmy Jeggo.

Meanwhile Adelaide United’s hopes of signing Socceroo James Troisi appear slim, with the attacker set to sign with a Chinese Super League club.

Troisi, who broke his contract with Saudi Arabians Al-Ittihad after they failed to pay his wages, has received a lucrative offer from Wellington Phoenix and a lesser, albeit marquee offer to join hometown team Adelaide.

Malik, who’s played 118 A-League games, is likely to fill a defensive role but he can also play midfield.

Malik could sign as an injury replacement for Connor Chapman (knee), giving City room to make further signings.

Malik has been plagued by soft-tissue injuries in recent seasons and though his form has been down this season, he’s been viewed as a key player for United.

Malik was invited to the Socceroos’ pre 2014 World Cup camp by coach Ange Postecoglou and has remained on the national team radar since.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/teams/melbourne-city/melbourne-city-trade-olyroo-stefan-mauk-for-adelaides-osama-malik/news-story/30138eb3d4460578c62a4b0e7a6d8f7b

• jw1739 pinned this topic