Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

By David Lewis

8 JUN 2015 - 9:30 PM

Arnold expressed his disappointment at the sudden exit of young gun Gameiro – out since November with an anterior cruciate ligament injury and now heavily linked with a switch to Melbourne City.

“I received a text from him yesterday telling me that he was moving on ... where he is going he hasn’t told me too much, but that’s his decision," he said.

Arnold had Gameiro in career-best form before his injury, with 10 goals in the pre-season and two more in the opening six rounds of the competition.

“I completely changed his habits and his personality and he was scoring goals freely," he added.

“He thought he deserved a much better contract than what he was on and we couldn’t provide that because he was out with an ACL injury.

"Some other club may have offered more money and he opts to move on. I wish him all the best.”

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2015/06/08/arnold-rules-out-move-italian-maestro-pirlo

Rofl @ the massively arrogant and self-aggrandising comment from Arnold. Otherwise though another report that suggests a Gameiro deal is looking likely..

I can see a move for Georgievski maybe happening. I don't see how victory have the cap space given the signing of Vukovic (especially as they'll probably recruit in other positions besides the fullback positions, and they are relatively well-stocked in the FB positions). And Davutovic did report about a week ago that City were aiming to sign Georgievski

Velaphi

Franjic, Kisnorbo, Chapman, New Signing

Paartalu, Melling

Mooy

Maclaren, Kennedy, New Signing 

Bench

Gameiro

Williams

Retre

Clisby

Redmayne

Velaphi
Franjic, Kisnorbo, Chapman, Georgevski**
Paartalu, Melling
Mooy
    Maclaren***, Kennedy, Novillo***

Bench
Gameiro**
Williams
Retre
Clisby
Redmayne

Where does this leave guys like Koren and Germano?

Darren Bent released by Aston Villa.

Darren Bent is a silly prat and we don't need him. Hated him when he played for spurs and I sure as shit will hate him playing for heart.

Edit: wrote this before reading the rest of the thread.

Thought Bent signed for Derby when he left Villa... :huh:

Georgievski good signing since there aren't many good Australian fullbacks, but:

1. Will not be cheap (not a big issue since he is a proven A-League player, we've wasted cap space on duds before so I dont mind spending more on a proven A-League player)

2. Will go for international duty during the season (at some point FFA really have to include international breaks in the A-League schedule, the more the quality of the league increases the more players will be leaving for international duty)

• Like 3

The way the club is tracking on recruitment this off season, its does seem like we will be head and shoulders above all other teams in this department by the start of next season.

Perhaps not the mongs, but yes your point is still valid

New Keeper

Franjic Chapman NewCB Georgievksi

Paartalu

Mooy NewCM

Novillo NewCF NewLW

Bench: Velaphi, Kisnorbo, Kuzmanovksi, Melling, AttackingSub

If we are to challenge, that is the squad above i think we need to do so. The CM and CF should be taken by Marquee spots, while the new CB will be a left footed defender (iirc there was an article saying JVS wanted to sign one). 

New Keeper

Franjic Chapman NewCB Georgievksi

Paartalu

Mooy NewCM

Novillo NewCF NewLW

Bench: Velaphi, Kisnorbo, Kuzmanovksi, Melling, AttackingSub

If we are to challenge, that is the squad above i think we need to do so. The CM and CF should be taken by Marquee spots, while the new CB will be a left footed defender (iirc there was an article saying JVS wanted to sign one).

Kisnorbo is better than Chapman. That may not be the case for long, but right now it is.

• Like 2

Sick of signing victory rejects. The only player I would've accepted in recent years is Traore. He was an absolute jet.

Wouldnt call Georgievski a Victory reject. As the tards would much prefer to keep this bloke.

Will improve our back 4 and is still quality at A League standard.

• Like 2

New Keeper required and will be signed.

Koren will leave as will Germano.

Gameiro will sign with City.

McLaren will also sign when he gets released from Glory.

Source?

Greek Construction Worker.

That's enough for me, start the threads.

fatconstructionworker.jpg

Source?

fatconstructionworker.jpg

I'm confused I always thought Jardel was Brazilian.

• Like 1

Source?

fatconstructionworker.jpg I'm confused I always thought Jardel was Brazilian.

1/16 greek

• jw1739 pinned this topic