Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

Lol I'd hate to see anyone on this forum as a manager of this club.

This is why we have scouts! So we don't have to recycle shit.

Tesla would make a good manager if he could stay away from alcohol on derby days So you think the players will play better:

* if they are constantly trolled

* find out the gaffer bets on them to lose most weeks?

• Like 2

Tesla would make a good manager if he could stay away from alcohol on derby days So you think the players will play better:

Tbf, I wouldn't be surprised if JVS was actually doing that already.

Surely playing Villa as a winger and Koren as a CF for extended periods was some kind of elaborate troll...

Tbf, I wouldn't be surprised if JVS was actually doing that already.

Surely playing Villa as a winger and Koren as a CF for extended periods was some kind of elaborate troll...

I like where you are going with this- Tesla is actually JVS?

Archie Thompson won't rule out Melbourne City switch

By Iain Strachan

15/05/2015

The Melbourne Victory favourite remains hopeful of securing a new contract at the club but is open to offers from elsewhere if a deal isn't forthcoming, including the local rivals

[...]

But as a long-term Victorian resident with a young family, a move across town to Melbourne City could be a convenient - if controversial - solution.

Asked directly if he would consider joining John van 't Schip's side, Thompson said: "I'm open to anything. I want to keep playing football.

"I'm still performing. I still feel good, I still feel like I've got a lot to contribute to any team, any club.

"But my main focus is obviously doing a number on Sydney on Sunday. If this is going to be my last game with Melbourne Victory, which I don't want it to be, I want to leave on winning terms."

http://www.goal.com/en-au/news/4021/a-league/2015/05/12/11648172/archie-thompson-wont-rule-out-melbourne-city-switch

By Iain Strachan

15/05/2015

The Melbourne Victory favourite remains hopeful of securing a new contract at the club but is open to offers from elsewhere if a deal isn't forthcoming, including the local rivals

[...]

But as a long-term Victorian resident with a young family, a move across town to Melbourne City could be a convenient - if controversial - solution.

Asked directly if he would consider joining John van 't Schip's side, Thompson said: "I'm open to anything. I want to keep playing football.

"I'm still performing. I still feel good, I still feel like I've got a lot to contribute to any team, any club.

"But my main focus is obviously doing a number on Sydney on Sunday. If this is going to be my last game with Melbourne Victory, which I don't want it to be, I want to leave on winning terms."

http://www.goal.com/en-au/news/4021/a-league/2015/05/12/11648172/archie-thompson-wont-rule-out-melbourne-city-switch No.

By Iain Strachan

15/05/2015

[...]

http://www.goal.com/en-au/news/4021/a-league/2015/05/12/11648172/archie-thompson-wont-rule-out-melbourne-city-switch

If CFG wants to really get rid of any remaining Heart fans this would be the best way. Would not go to a single game with him in our squad.

• Like 4

By Iain Strachan

15/05/2015

[...]

Jesus Christ Goal.com, April Fools was last month! 

But as much as I would rather fold the club than have this guy in our squad, Imagine the Victory fans reaction if he did sign for us! The backlash would be priceless!

• Like 1

By Iain Strachan

15/05/2015

[...]

But as much as I would rather fold the club than have this guy in our squad, Imagine the Victory fans reaction if he did sign for us! The backlash would be priceless!

Backlash?? rather we become more of a laughing stock.. They are happy to have him go IMO.

Edited by raw10

By Iain Strachan

15/05/2015

[...]

Backlash?? rather we become more of a laughing stock.. They are happy to have him go IMO.

Agree it would be laughable for a club with off-season ambitions like ours to sign him. It's not going to happen anyway. My point was more that he is a cult figure at  Victory so if he were to leave for their biggest rival, I imagine the fans would make their disappointment at his move pretty well known at future derbies.

I mean they still boo Velaphi and he barely played for them! Imagine how the visitor fans would react if a club hero like Archie moved to City!

Edited by OG-12

By Iain Strachan

15/05/2015

[...]

No way would prefer Nabbout

By Iain Strachan

15/05/2015

[...]

Bwahahahahahaha :unsure:   :hoff::hkpalm::wormy::soon::redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard:

Was looking at strikers we could sign started to look at some who didnt quite make it at the EPL level but who could probs cut it here came up with names like these:

Claudio Pizzaro, age 36, current club bayern

Jérémie Aliadière, age 32, current club Um Sam Salal
Anthony Le Tallec, age 30, current club Valenciennes FC
Xisco, age 28, current club Mallorca

Somone with a connection to City
Georgios Samaras, age 30, current club Al Hilal

Out of these only Samaras and Pizzarro, would be Marquee worthy

Be interesting to see who does come in the off season though

Was looking at strikers we could sign started to look at some who didnt quite make it at the EPL level but who could probs cut it here came up with names like these:

Claudio Pizzaro, age 36, current club bayern Jérémie Aliadière, age 32, current club Um Sam Salal

Anthony Le Tallec, age 30, current club Valenciennes FC Xisco, age 28, current club Mallorca

Somone with a connection to City

Georgios Samaras, age 30, current club Al Hilal

Out of these only Samaras and Pizzarro, would be Marquee worthy

Be interesting to see who does come in the off season though

Aliadiere........... NO

• Like 1

Milos Lujic is a must. Killed it last night.

Judging by what I have seen, I would also sign him.

He would not be able to get big $$, so we can sign him for a decent amount, and he seems to have the talent to take the next step.

I have raised this before, but there must be something to puts clubs off signing him? His performances on the park seem to be a high standard, but clubs just don't want to take the risk.

Milos Lujic is a must. Killed it last night.

Judging by what I have seen, I would also sign him.

He would not be able to get big $$, so we can sign him for a decent amount, and he seems to have the talent to take the next step.

I have raised this before, but there must be something to puts clubs off signing him? His performances on the park seem to be a high standard, but clubs just don't want to take the risk.

Lazy work ethic? Not committed? Maybe that's why he can't make the step up. Not sure of course, just making shit up.

• jw1739 pinned this topic