Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

We desperately need a goal scorer. No two ways about it. So either something drastic has to change to get Kennedy scoring goals or we need to bring in another proven striker to take his place.

We need more than just one proven striker. Just look the number of goals we scored and at the list of our goalscorers for this season. 

• Like 4

What do we reckon it will take to get Franjic on board, 300-400k a season?

Would rather an attacking player on that salary

If we play the way that we are supposed to then our full backs are attacking players

"we are supposed"

Vitali Denisov is a free agent at the end of the season.

Also Evgen Konoplyanka from Dnipro is also out of contract. We recently had scouts at a Dnipro game.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2914940/Yevhen-Konoplyanka-wanted-Tottenham-Spurs-begin-talks-Ukraine-winger.html

Denisov would be good, but i would think if he wanted to move back to Asia he could earn a packet playing in the Uzbek league.

Have to get him for a lot less than that i reckon.  We already have Mooy on solid coin after all and "I'm" only paying 300K (and not a cent more) for a winger who can land 9 out of 10 crosses on Kennedy's noggin.

Franjic is a good player though, who is now an established socceroo, won't come over for 50K "and a signed jersey from members of this forum".  Might demand 150-200?  which to me is huge money for a fullback.

Have to get him for a lot less than that i reckon.  We already have Mooy on solid coin after all and "I'm" only paying 300K (and not a cent more) for a winger who can land 9 out of 10 crosses on Kennedy's noggin.

Franjic is a good player though, who is now an established socceroo, won't come over for 50K "and a signed jersey from members of this forum".  Might demand 150-200?  which to me is huge money for a fullback.

Yes he is an established Socceroo but he is very good at getting forward to deliver those crosses to Kennedy which will make Kennedy worth the money we pay him imo.

• Like 2

Next season, for the first time ever, we have to get the visa players right.

A marquee who is one of the best (if not the best) players in the league & at least 3 players who would be walk up starters at any club. The 5th spot could go to a development position.

I still hold hope that the CFG after the take over said to all the staff and players, we are going to give you a season to prove you are up to it, and if not changes will be made.  I think either SIlva10 of Falastur said a similar thing happened at Man City when they bought them.,

Mark Hughes got 18 month Dylan before he was sacked

Franjic should be #1 priority. A full back who can continually get forward and put good delivery into the box for Kennedy.

So we need quality players being paid much less money than Kennedy to provide the service for a highly paid, slow, injury prone one trick pony who defensively gives us next to nothing.

I don't get it. Let's get rid of the one trick pony and have more mobility in our team.

There is a big opportunity to offload Hoffman and Redmayne, since the Jets are looking at rebuilding their squad. Hopefully the club can pull a Kalmar for the both of them

Stubbins is too astute to sign up players like that, he's just getting rid of Jets' encumbrances

Edited by belaguttman

There is a big opportunity to offload Hoffman and Redmayne, since the Jets are looking at rebuilding their squad. Hopefully the club can pull a Kalmar for the both of them

Stubbins is too astute to sign up players like that, he's just getting rid of Jets' encumbrances

Stubbins was so astute he recruited the worst squad in the league.

The only thing he seems to have excelled at was convincing the owner to not sack him.  I say get him on the phone.  Throw in Augustine Sokan as a sweetener.

Edited by Shahanga

The only thing he seems to have excelled at was convincing the owner to not sack him.  I say get him on the phone.  Throw in Augustine Sokan as a sweetener.

The only good thing about Stubbins is that he played for Heidelberg.

Hopefully CFG will be as astute and not make the same mistake twice, Stubbins won't

Velaphi
Franjic, Kisnorbo, Champman, ?
Paartaluu, Germano
Mooy
????, Kennedy???, ????

Left Back: New Signing, Saf?, Garruccio, Clisby
RW: Maclaren
LW: New Signing, Koren(Under Cap), Novillo

Bench: Marino, Mauk, Melling, Clisby, ???

Terminate Contract: Brown, Hoffman

• jw1739 pinned this topic