Melbourne Football

Round 11: Melbourne Derby, Sat 20th Dec 7:30pm

Murfy1

Looking forward to the game Saturday...Let's hope JVS doesn't bottle his team selection for this one!

Same team as last time except Williams starting in replace of Duff and Brown playing on the right....think that suited him better than when I have seen him playing on the left.

The substitutes will be interesting. Would go for Redmayne, Koren (if fit), Mauk, Ramsay, Marino

If a centre half gets injured then you can move Paartalu or Hoffman there....so please no Wielhart on the bench!

Edited by silva10

Looking forward to the game Saturday...Let's hope JVS doesn't bottle his team selection for this one!

Same team as last time except Williams starting in replace of Duff and Brown playing on the right....think that suited him better than when I have seen him playing on the left.

The substitutes will be interesting. Would go for Redmayne, Koren (if fit), Mauk, Ramsay, Marino

If a centre half gets injured then you can move Paartalu or Hoffman there....so please no Wielhart on the bench!

Wieleart did score in the last derby. I am not sure about Koren - Germano was rushed back (although I do  think that he will never play again) and lasted less than 23 minutes. Otherwise I agree.

I don't think Germano can be used as a case study in poor management leading to injury, the guy probably would have got injured walking from his car to training.

Just a heads up for Silva etc, you probably guessed it but outside of finals the Christmas derby is easily our biggest game of the season. Crucial we Perform well.

Saturday, 20 December 2014

Melbourne City FC v Melbourne Victory

AAMI Park, Melbourne

Kick-Off: 7:30 PM (Local) (7:30 PM AEDT)

Referee: Kris Griffiths-Jones

Melbourne City FC squad: 1.Andrew REDMAYNE (GK), 3.Robbie WIELAERT.4.Connor CHAPMAN, 5.Erik PAARTALU, 6.Aaron MOOY, 7.Iain RAMSAY, 8.Massimo MURDOCCA, 10.Robert KOREN, 14.James BROWN, 15.David WILLIAMS, 17.Jason HOFFMAN, 18.Paulo RETRE, 19.Benjamin GARUCCIO, 20.Tando VELAPHI (GK), 21.Stefan MAUK, 23.Mate DUGANDZIC, 24.Patrick KISNORBO ©, 25.Jacob MELLING, 27.Ross ARCHIBALD

**two to be omitted**

Ins: 21.Stefan MAUK (promoted), 10.Robert KOREN (return from injury), 27.Ross ARCHIBALD (promoted)

Outs: 11.Damien DUFF (calf – 2-5 weeks)

Unavailable: 13.Jonatan GERMANO (hamstring – 1-2 weeks), 29.Liam MILLER (calf – 1 week)

How many of our players in the squad for the Victory game would get a starting 11 position with Victory?

Aaron Mooy and Robert Koren are our best chances.

Possibly Erik Paartalu, but not on recent form.

An outside possible is Connor Chapman.

That tells it all - unfortunately we're outclassed. :o

AAMI Park, Melbourne

Melbourne City FC squad: 1.Andrew REDMAYNE (GK), 3.Robbie WIELAERT.4.Connor CHAPMAN, 5.Erik PAARTALU, 6.Aaron MOOY, 7.Iain RAMSAY, 8.Massimo MURDOCCA, 10.Robert KOREN, 14.James BROWN, 15.David WILLIAMS, 17.Jason HOFFMAN, 18.Paulo RETRE, 19.Benjamin GARUCCIO, 20.Tando VELAPHI (GK), 21.Stefan MAUK, 23.Mate DUGANDZIC, 24.Patrick KISNORBO ©, 25.Jacob MELLING, 27.Ross ARCHIBALD

**two to be omitted**

Ins: 21.Stefan MAUK (promoted), 10.Robert KOREN (return from injury), 27.Ross ARCHIBALD (promoted)

Unavailable: 13.Jonatan GERMANO (hamstring – 1-2 weeks), 29.Liam MILLER (calf – 1 week)

Yesssssss!

Please don't start him though JVS, i beg of you.

AAMI Park, Melbourne

**two to be omitted**

Yesssssss!

Please don't start him though JVS, i beg of you.

Koren's injury? I believe I have found JVS's source of tactics

• Like 3

Does anyone have a spare concession Asia cup "Aus v Kuwait" ticket.

I'm willing to trade my spare 3 derby tickets for it.

Hey I have a couple for the game in Australia active support. But I wouldn't be prepared to trade, just sell How much. Im happy to pay.

Earlier this week, I received some terrible news.

Over the past four seasons, I have attended heart/city games with a very close friend of mine. From humble beginnings in season two, we have certainly had some great times- a highlight  being our 2-1 win in aloisi's first game.

This week, despite having a city membership and being one of the main reasons, I ended up continuing with city- he informed me that he has changed his allegiance to Victory. Currently overseas, I believe the decision is largely due to peer pressure etc.

but my sob story aside-

this game now has a lot of meaning to me. Perhaps the ultimate opportunity to one up a traitor. If city win, There will sure be a lot of people to finally claim bragging rights for.

But I feel as always that this means so much more to our fans than the players. It is like they do not even care.

Hope they prove me wrong.

Score prediction 0-0 with melburnians spurring on a MOTM tando

But I feel as always that this means so much more to our fans than the players. It is like they do not even care.

Naturally it'd be weird if fans didn't are about a derby more than the players but you're right, they just treat it as "another game" and it often shows in our performances.

Sounds like a lot of people here are wanting Victory to win..??? I agree that they have a solid squad of players but so do we... if JVS starts demanding more from his players and stops accepting the rubbish that some players (willo, Weilart, Kisnorbo, and Hoffman,)have been dishing out we will be more than competitive... on paper our team should be top 4..

keep in mind we are the only side to date, to play without and Aussie Marquee and International Marquee. all other teams have there marquee players playing and performing...

all this talk that Victory are superior to us is Fucken Rubbish... just wait until their good fortune changes then will see!!! don't forget they received 3 own-goals in 2 weeks, a captain that should have been sent off last week. (if he did, Victory lose that game)and for the majority of the season both marquees have been playing.

• Like 1

Sounds like a lot of people here are wanting Victory to win..??? I agree that they have a solid squad of players but so do we... if JVS starts demanding more from his players and stops accepting the rubbish that some players (willo, Weilart, Kisnorbo, and Hoffman,)have been dishing out we will be more than competitive... on paper our team should be top 4..

keep in mind we are the only side to date, to play without and Aussie Marquee and International Marquee. all other teams have there marquee players playing and performing...

all this talk that Victory are superior to us is Fucken Rubbish... just wait until their good fortune changes then will see!!! don't forget they received 3 own-goals in 2 weeks, a captain that should have been sent off last week. (if he did, Victory lose that game)and for the majority of the season both marquees have been playing.

Victory are superior to us... who gives a shit where we should sit on paper, the table is all that counts. 

If we can get them all on the park we are a much better side you would think. Derby 3 should be interesting, let's hope we give it a good crack come Saturday. Be a nice Christmas present if we win.