Melbourne Football

Round 11: Melbourne Derby, Sat 20th Dec 7:30pm

Murfy1

Sounds like a lot of people here are wanting Victory to win..??? I agree that they have a solid squad of players but so do we... if JVS starts demanding more from his players and stops accepting the rubbish that some players (willo, Weilart, Kisnorbo, and Hoffman,)have been dishing out we will be more than competitive... on paper our team should be top 4..

keep in mind we are the only side to date, to play without and Aussie Marquee and International Marquee. all other teams have there marquee players playing and performing...

all this talk that Victory are superior to us is Fucken Rubbish... just wait until their good fortune changes then will see!!! don't forget they received 3 own-goals in 2 weeks, a captain that should have been sent off last week. (if he did, Victory lose that game)and for the majority of the season both marquees have been playing.

I don't think Hoff, our most consistent player (apart from Mooy) should be in this group of players. 

• Like 1

If we can get this team on the park consistently we will make a serious push in the 2nd half of the season..
                                       Velaphi

Hoff                 Chapman   Kisnorbo             Garuccio

Paartaluu

Koren                    Mooy 

Duff                                Kennedy                     Willo (Duga)

this would be our strongest team we have with the current playing list. obviously Hoff is the weakest link here but this team is solid with some real quality...

If you add confidence and form to this starting 11 we can finish top 4 no question...

Think about the players left fighting for a spot..

Madocca, Melling, Brown, Dug or Willo depending on who's in... Archibald, and Marino

we all know that defence is an issue but their is more than enough quality on the bench for us to make a decent go of it this season... proof is in the pudding and this Saturday will see... But if we lose it will be because JVS cannot get the best out of what he has...

If we can get this team on the park consistently we will make a serious push in the 2nd half of the season..

Velaphi

Paartaluu

this would be our strongest team we have with the current playing list. obviously Hoff is the weakest link here but this team is solid with some real quality...

If you add confidence and form to this starting 11 we can finish top 4 no question...

Hoff as a fullback >>>> Garuccio as a fullback in my opinion.

Edited by King Malta
  • Like 5

Velaphi

Paartaluu

Hoff as a fullback >>>> Garuccio as a fullback in my opinion.

100%.

• Like 1

Would probably add:

Hoffman as a fullback > Williams as a LW to that too to be honest.

I've defended Willo on this forum before but I don't think he has the right skillset for a winger. I'd rather see Duga starting out there with Willo coming off the bench if we need a goal (lol).

Edited by King Malta
  • Like 1

Hoffman for sure has limitations but anyone who thinks Hoffman is the weakness in a back four with Garruccio/Ramsay at left back need there head checked.

If we're going to sign anyone in the January window I'd say it will be a left-back. Which would address the most obvious weakness. I'd also be playing Duff on the left for the remainder of his time with us - that's his preferred position. He hasn't cut in and scored playing RW, so put him on the left to get the crosses into Kennedy and Paartalu/Kisnorbo at the set pieces.

• Like 1

Hoffman for sure has limitations but anyone who thinks Hoffman is the weakness in a back four with Garruccio/Ramsay at left back need there head checked.

If we're going to sign anyone in the January window I'd say it will be a left-back. Which would address the most obvious weakness. I'd also be playing Duff on the left for the remainder of his time with us - that's his preferred position. He hasn't cut in and scored playing RW, so put him on the left to get the crosses into Kennedy and Paartalu/Kisnorbo at the set pieces. That and the only position Mate should play is RW Edited by perthheart

FFS!! Looks like the game isn't on BT Sports tomorrow!

Yet they have the Perth game on next week

Hopefully it's an error. What time is it kicking off in Melbourne? May need to try and find a stream on the net

No idea why they wouldn't have this game, one of the biggest of the year.

Hopefully it's an error. What time is it kicking off in Melbourne? May need to try and find a stream on the net

It's on BT Sport 2, isn't it?

I checked the website tonight and they had the Brisbane Game on today, then the next game was US v Perth.

Hope your right

No idea why they wouldn't have this game, one of the biggest of the year.

Maybe the programme producer is a Melbourne City fan :)

It's on BT Sport 2, isn't it?

I checked the website tonight and they had the Brisbane Game on today, then the next game was US v Perth.

Hope your rightI'd screenshot it but I'm on my phone.