Melbourne Football

Round 11: Melbourne Derby, Sat 20th Dec 7:30pm

Murfy1

If the Police are worried about flares or smokies being ripped underneath a pullover then how about inviting some members of Police to stand underneath the pullover with Melburnians and keep their eagle eyes peeled for flare ripping miscreants?

Really though the whole issue of flares needs to be dealt with by the fans not the Police. Whatever your personal views about them, lighting flares is an unnecessary source of tension and disruption to our enjoyment and support.

If the Police are worried about flares or smokies being ripped underneath a pullover then how about inviting some members of Police to stand underneath the pullover with Melburnians and keep their eagle eyes peeled for flare ripping miscreants?

Really though the whole issue of flares needs to be dealt with by the fans not the Police. Whatever your personal views about them, lighting flares is an unnecessary source of tension and disruption to our enjoyment and support.

Making Vicpol to help us showing tifo seems like a viable solution. Zero chance of flare but possibility of pepper spray

Making Vicpol to help us showing tifo seems like a viable solution. Zero chance of flare but possibility of pepper spray

Possible but unlike if we behave. It would be prudent to be videoing what happens under the tifo of course

Never felt so ambivalent about a derby. Our form, our year, our injuries, rolling the dice on an injured older marquee, Duff most likely missing, their form, our coach, our defence, the Villa farce, the tifo farce. Hard to get fired up with all the crap that's been going on. The expression "learned helplessness" comes to mind.

Kids keen and missus keen and we'll be there. Santa give us a chop-out and arrive five days early. We've all been "good" and "nice" and Muscat is a prick. Make it happen!!!

Not sure what tonight will bring. Having Koren in the squad and to play some part suggests we're pretty much stuffed. My reasoning being its a desperate short sighted stop gap, that no one else in the squad fully fit could do the job of a guy that hasn't played for 3 months maybe more. I may be totally wrong and he's cherry ripe and he has been ready for weeks, but I really doubt it. He may come on at 50 mins similar to Villa in round 1 but what if he breaks down we will be a laughing stock. He can't surely start, the first 10 minutes are frenetic and boots are flying all over the place. I just don't know what strategy suits.

Oh well we will see.

• Like 1

I also still have that ticket for aisle 15 for $35 if there is any late interest.

Anyway I have a lot of hope for this game.  I reckon Tards weren't that great last week (Thompson took his chances, rescued them basically) and they'll miss Milligan.  We should be better though, given that the players who started last week will be more familiar with each other.