Melbourne Football

RD 4 City V Adelaide 7:30pm Friday 31st October.

Dylan

Redmayne is an easy target...I don't think he did much wrong tonight. He guessed right with the penalty, it was just perfectly taken. And if you give Djite a ball that good and in that sort of space, what is the goalkeeper expected to do? Don't get me wrong, it would be great if just once, a team failed to convert a penalty against us, but there's a few others that deserve more criticism than Redmayne from tonight.

We are conceding penalties so regularly we really need to wonder what is the point of playing the 1 keeper who is unable to save even one.

• Like 1

Is anyone really surprised anymore? I saw this fucking disgusting season coming as soon as we re-signed half the shit we call 'professional' football players.. We will NOT come close to anything until we get rid of all this average fucking players who would struggle to make it into any other a-league side. Fucking disgrace to out great city. SHIT game style. Fucking shit players and a shit coach to top it all off... What a fucking disgrace this is, absoloute garbage... Give us the new season already cause we are not changing this around any time soon, especially once Villa goes, i expect us not to win a game up until next Feb when we get Kenedy, cause at this point in time, this is fucking worse than what we used to be cause we have all the resources un the world yet we cannot fucking do anything with them. Sack JVS and get rid of all the SHIT players (90% of the squad) DISGRACEFUL.

I came in with zero expectations and had hit the piss pretty hard, so I wasn't that disappointed...time for CFG to show whether they're serious. I can see crowd numbers dwindling after this, it'll be 15k then 13k then 11k, etc. etc... at least the active bay is starting to come together...

Central Coast in a fortnight, with a 5pm Sunday start? Yikes...unless we get three points against Brisbane, that's 8k if we're lucky.

It's getting very similar to the JA era for me; I'd almost prefer losses over treading water with draws.

Redmayne is an easy target...I don't think he did much wrong tonight. He guessed right with the penalty, it was just perfectly taken. And if you give Djite a ball that good and in that sort of space, what is the goalkeeper expected to do? Don't get me wrong, it would be great if just once, a team failed to convert a penalty against us, but there's a few others that deserve more criticism than Redmayne from tonight.

We are conceding penalties so regularly we really need to wonder what is the point of playing the 1 keeper who is unable to save even one.

Yep, fair point.

Actually Redders's distribution tonight was probably his worst for the season. Specially in the second half. That first goal was poor positioning and rather than use his hands he try to head the ball. The penalty - well he does not save them but it was the manner in which it was conceded; and in here blame should be attributed to Garrucio. Thsi alone makes you wonder what is the point of him playing at LB.

• Like 1

Pretty disappointing but didn't expect to win

AU are very good tactically, they used their right all night with the lack of villa defence and the pace of mabil

Germano is just plain laughable he is injured again but he isn't a lb. Mabil got behind him 4-5 times in 25 minutes.

A real shame up needs to happen, I think players are comfortable knowing they will get a game each week.

Probably lucky we weren't down to 9. I thought paddy was borderline, wielaert was coming across

I thought redmayne was red every day. The mabil lookalike (no idea his name) did go down easily but I don't reckon a dive

Onto Brisbane next week, we have more points than them

Onto a different issue, anyone near the almighty dust on at the Adelaide supportsrs corner at about 85th minute. Looked like it was on for young and old

When Craig Goodwin was clearly unhappy at Newcastle and Marrone is warming the bench for Adelaide why didn't we go after them.

Also, why keep giving contracts to Williams and Mate when they have dished up the same old shit for years?

To be fair to Williams, he did kick double figure goals last year and was leading golden boot with 4-5.weeks to go last season

Can't believe how no one has mentioned Paartalu yet.

I had no idea where he was half that game. Not sure if he did either.

Mooy is a legend and he must be getting pretty pissed off having to cover him for so much of a game.

Until he gets himself right, I wouldn't start Erik.

Instead I'd have Mass drop back as the DM. He would last the game longer picking the ball up from the back and buzzing side to side, instead of up and down. That way we can keep his energy on the pitch too.

Mooy and Mauk can then play as the more attacking midfielders until Koren is right, if we stick with this formation.

• Like 1

we are missing koren heap to be honest. Murdocca just gets in the way when he has the ball, he's never sure what to do with the ball. Someone like Koren who can creatively help Mooy in midfield.

Reckon u can see that Duff and Partaalu are quite unfit but will only get better

Not a bad night, Williams puts that sitter away and we take the 3 points, thats soccer for you

we are missing koren heap to be honest. Murdocca just gets in the way when he has the ball, he's never sure what to do with the ball. Someone like Koren who can creatively help Mooy in midfield.

Reckon u can see that Duff and Partaalu are quite unfit but will only get better

Not a bad night, Williams puts that sitter away and we take the 3 points, thats soccer for you

Not a bad night? what the fuck are you on just out of curiosity...?
  • Like 5

Not a bad night? what the fuck are you on just out of curiosity...?

**disgraceful i should say. Adelaide are quality and we were probably value for a point. Still 2 big names to come into the line up and that was AU's best XI

Missed a golden opportunity to score more goals tonight.

Did anyone notice the touch and poise of Redfoo Malik? Fukn woeful I thought.

We should have targeted that.. pretty hard though i guess when you have 45kg Mate playing in the completely wrong position.

Better off trying to change him into a LB then persist with this central striker bs.

On a positive note, great job by active tonight! Best I've witnessed and getting the wing involved was fantastic, I reckon with a bit more encouragement there will be a lot more getting involved next time, you could feel that more people were wanting to Just as it ended.

Well done lads

• Like 1

Tactically where are we at? Not trying to spark a heart vs city war. But are we playing the way JVS wants us to or are we playing similar brand to man city? I don't watch enough man city to call it but tactically I feel lost with this team sometimes. When it was there to be own or drawn for the matter all we got was hoofed balls and hoped for the best.

I tell you what, it's getting hard again driving 90km up and then 90 km back from a game with the kids trying to build future supporters. The disappointment is starting to ramp up again. The membership counter is all well and good, but the "games since we've won" counter seems to be far more relevant to our future.

Last week I think was the death knell for Iain Ramsay, but tonight I think was, at a minimum, the start of the death knell for four of our club.

1. David Villa obviously but for all the shits and giggles, as the circus leaves town we can now finally concentrate on what is wrong with our club and our culture. Great to see him play, but the distraction is over.

2. Jonaton Germano. Surely this has to be the end. 25 minutes and 30 seconds every 10 weeks is not enough output from a visa player. I think he's a good player, just not good value. We can't carry him any more. Add to this he looked so overweight - an indictment on him as a professional, and the club.

3. Andrew Redmayne. No command, no distribution, suckered in to a pen and no ability to save a pen. Watch how far his full stretch was in diving for that pen - for a near 200 cm player, his reach (or reaction time) was woeful. He unfortunately hasn't developed.

4. JVS - you lost me tonight. Clearly out coached and Gombau is one shrewd cookie. Knowing our fullbacks are our weakness he exploited this ruthlessly. It was obvious to me he planned to push Elrich, his fullback, right up adjacent to his right winger Mabil to throw our left back in to confusion. It worked a treat for their first goal with Garruccio unsure who to mark. The second goal they exploited Garruccio again with him eyeing off both the winger and Elrich again, and he was caught napping. To me it was an obvious overload and wasn't countered at all. But where he really lost me was the last 10 minutes. When were being slaughtered in midfield for the last 30 minutes, the plan to counter this at the end was to lump the ball Aloisi style to Kisnorbo playing up front. It smacked of desperation and a lack of belief in his game plan. I thought we were aiming to play complete football. That was shit. Play a back three and drop in an extra midfielder - at least try and get control back.

Final rants - Willo hit a fucking target, the decision against Mooy to give them the second goal was really poor and we got nothing all night, and can we learn to irritate opponents like every other team seems to do to us like standing in front of free kicks until the team is organised? No mongrel or smarts.

Only plus for me was Mooy - the kid is a gun who gut runs all day. And I haven't seen Duff so pissed off. I hope he's got the personality to give the team a real spray in the sheds.

Edited by Defibrillator
  • Like 4

Win at all cost even if it's dirty said JVS before the game.

We lose and apart from couple of players they are all jovial

Fuk staying back and clapping these pretenders

When you do, you only validate their performance

Sick of it TBH

• Like 1

So here's my thoughts after watching it delayed on tv after finishing work.

-Hoffman can just fuck right off. I'm so sick and tired of him running forward and ignoring perfectly good runs from quality players only to pass the ball straight back to our CBs so we can start again. Just fuck off!

-Germano, god I feel sorry for you. It must be so frustrating but my word are you made of glass for fuck sake? He needs to go. We can't be seriously holding onto a player that can't even play 30 minutes without getting injured.

-Williams, you're a fucking disgrace to waste that golden opportunity created by some absolute brilliance from villa. How hard is it not to fucking kick the ball less than 100m in the air?!

-Murdocca is just as guilty for wasting great opportunities to go forward by passing sideways or backwards.

-JVS, I'm so fucking tired of seeing us play great attacking football in the first 30 minutes only to get dominated in the second half. And more to the point, what is with the constant long balls??!!! If we wanted that crap, we'd still have Aloisi as manager!! We play some great attackkng football at the start and then we resort to bull shit long balls when we're chasing the game!! I'm sorry but I've seen enough. JVS OUT!

Mooy was good but does some sloppy things with the ball sometimes. But he's definitely one of the better players and knows how to take a set piece. Duff seemed quiet from what I saw.

And for what it's worth. I don't know how much to read into this what with foxtel controlling the sound that come through the tv, but all I could hear for most of the game were the inbreds chanting. Barely heard the melburnians at all. as I said, it may have just been the tv but still, not great for people watching at home. Although the attendance looked solid! Only positive I've taken from this game. But that'll no doubt decline rapidly if we keep dishing up that kind of crap!!

Ole ole !!!!!!

Pretty Stright forward you bunch of zombies in GA

Was sitting in GA most of us are pretty dumb haha. Some stood up and gave it all

Well done for trying ...... But they really have to get involved !

C'mon !

I actually think all the actual Heart/City supporters did have a go at it (apart from an asian couple sitting in front of me who I don't think spoke english). It was just that there were so many either neutral or Victory fans there that they didn't care enough to do anything.

Oh and final point from the rant that I forgot to include:

Ned Zelic is a fucking dick head! Listening to him commentate is worse than listening to basha and that's saying something. He's a bloody moron! 'Ohhhh what a cross in from elrich! That's DESTRUCTION!'

Lol YOURE AN IDIOT!

Now the Villa has left, the attention and questions will now turn to JVS and his coaching position .. This is like the Aloisi days all over again. Players will feel the weight of the coaches position.

CFG the time to act is NOW... We lost 2500 attendants today from the Newcastle game.. We will lose a shit load more after tonight disaster....

Not much new to add to what's already been said.

- I'm starting to doubt any Heart players will survive to next season. It's like they all won the raffle, but are refusing to cash in, as they are not providing good enough performances to stay at a Man City backed club. The team had 7 players from last season in the starting XI - Redmayne, Hoffman, Germano, Wielaert, Kisnorbo, Murdocca, Dugandzic - and all Heart players have shown very little this season (what can you expect when the only Foundation Players are Nick Kalmar and Jason Hoffman? That underlines the unimpressive inherited talent). The new players are deservedly getting MOTM awards, Mooy, Duff, Villa, and the club's been lucky to get these quality footballers to join this muddled up club 

- The Villa experiment looks set to be recorded as a failure overall. If he went on to play 10 games it could well have been a success, but as things stand A) he didn't have enough time to integrate into the team given that he'd only be around for 4 weeks B.) wasn't fully fit until probably this game and C) he was a defensive liability every time the opposition RB got upfield (as the opposition RB & RW had a 2 on 1 against our LB, which is pretty much how both Adelaide goals came about). The experiment will be remembered as foolhardy short-termism, when the club needed more substance and long-term planning

- The team attitude was poor. Was too complacent when they went 1-0 up and didn't push enough for a second goal. And they pretty much crumbled once again once the opposition recovered from conceding and scored

- Woeful defensive mistakes, in particular at LB. LB easily the biggest problem position, as everyone has identified, and the next signing the club makes has to be a LB

- Not enough firepower in attack. Williams showed what I said last season: that he can't be trusted to provide goals (and it's not that he doesn't score; it's how woefully bad he misses). When Kisnorbo is chucked up front when the team's chasing a game (okay it worked against Hume City, but not good enough for HAL), it shows that the team has a dire lack of players that can threaten goal. A striker like Kennedy had to be brought in at the start of the season

- I agree that the team is seriously missing Koren. These Heart players only lift, if they lift, when they are surrounded with quality. Just like how last season Engelaar's great quality got teammates to rise to the occasion when he was in midfield, so to I think the presence of a quality player like Koren would comfort and lift the shrinking violet Heart players 

Real disappointment, and this club, and its new ownership need to show reasons why members and supporters should keep the faith. Heart supporters have seen this movie before. A lot of chickens have come home to roost, with lots of problems all coming to the fore at once. Alarm bells are ringing, and pressure should be on.  

Edited by Murfy1
  • Like 2