Melbourne Football

The JvS thread

Tesla

1 hour ago, M13 said:

CFG is keeping JvS as a plan B if their coach designate picks another job or stays where he is.. at a guess

Nah. I know that sometimes you get Chinese Whispers, but I don't think you would ever get a story of trying to hire a new manager turning into some story about bringing in a foreign assistant manager in order to back up the incumbent. If that arrangement was common in the sport it could happen, but it's not something teams usually need - not in this way, anyway - so I just don't see why people would misinterpret in this way, especially as it's usually pretty obvious from the person you are targeting whether they are going to be a manager or an assistant.

It's a weird thing to do, but I genuinely do think that CFG want to bring in an assistant.

Edited by Falastur

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Wow. Come on guys, you actually think it's real?

For one who in their right mind would still be using a gen 1 iPhone today. 

Geez. 

Plenty. Easy to tell roughly how old you are.

I've never had an i-phone.

Easy to tell roughly how old I am too...

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Plenty. Easy to tell roughly how old you are.

I've never had an i-phone.

Easy to tell roughly how old I am too...

FWIW anyone can create one of those fake txt pics. No offence intended if you have an original iPhone. Time for an upgrade perhaps. 

36 minutes ago, HeartOfCity said:

I was a little shocked that JG would take on a roll with the ollyroos. But maybe this just means that he can get set up in Aus again and when JVS falls over it would be easier for him to resign from ollyroos than being a club coach. Maybe?

Particularly remembering that he left Adelaide "for family reasons" only one year ago and then ends up back in Australia after working in David Villa's academy in the States.

36 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Particularly remembering that he left Adelaide "for family reasons" only one year ago and then ends up back in Australia after working in David Villa's academy in the States.

Been thinking of that and I have some questions:

1. Does that mean that he spends 48 weeks of the year in Oz or does that mean that he spends most of the time in Spain? I never really thought about where a national coach needs to be located.

2. Perhaps the family is willing to move to Oz as long as it is in Melbourne or Sydney where there are large Spanish speaking communities.

14 minutes ago, NewConvert said:

Been thinking of that and I have some questions:

1. Does that mean that he spends 48 weeks of the year in Oz or does that mean that he spends most of the time in Spain? I never really thought about where a national coach needs to be located.

2. Perhaps the family is willing to move to Oz as long as it is in Melbourne or Sydney where there are large Spanish speaking communities.

3.  Perhaps the family is willing to move to Oz as long as it is NOT Adelaide - fair enough really