Melbourne Football

The JvS thread

Tesla

1 hour ago, KSK_47 said:

I didn't bother signing up to city voice because i waste enough time on here as it is and i (perhaps misguidedly) suspect CFG would monitoring this forum anyway, but what was the general feel on city voice prior to deletegate? 

The facebook comments are almost always overwhelmingly positive (possibly because negative ones are deleted too). Was there a lot of negativity on city voice?

City Voice is moribund, even Version 2. There are a handful of posters, that's all. They club wants to keep it to "off-field match-day experience" stuff; sometimes you'll get an answer, but sometimes not. I don't know really what they're trying to get from people on "match-day experience" - there's a limit to how many times people will bother to answer the same questions repeated over and over again.

The deletions do show that the comments are being read and you do get to do the surveys. Although the latter are perhaps not worth doing because we haven't seen any conclusions drawn from a single survey yet.

I'd say it's something that seemed like a good idea at the time but isn't going to be of any value the way it's being run.

Apologies for being negative on it.

12 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

City Voice is moribund, even Version 2. There are a handful of posters, that's all. They club wants to keep it to "off-field match-day experience" stuff; sometimes you'll get an answer, but sometimes not. I don't know really what they're trying to get from people on "match-day experience" - there's a limit to how many times people will bother to answer the same questions repeated over and over again.

The deletions do show that the comments are being read and you do get to do the surveys. Although the latter are perhaps not worth doing because we haven't seen any conclusions drawn from a single survey yet.

I'd say it's something that seemed like a good idea at the time but isn't going to be of any value the way it's being run.

Apologies for being negative on it.

No apologies needed man. I know what this club is like. The fact that, what could have been a very good idea has been so poorly implemented its become another shining example of mediocrity does not surprise me in the slightest.

FWIW I now think he will be coach next season. I suspect that, overall, he just scraped past the absolute minimum performance level acceptable to CFG.  But it must have been close. I'm now more interested in what sort of squad we'll end up with - obviously - but also who are appointed as assistant coaches and whether we're going to see JvS' likely successor in that role. The departures of Jolic and Trani came as a surprise to me. On the coaching front I'm also interested in whether the club will keep Joey Didulica; he can't be in CFG's good books with a seven-match suspension on his record.

Lots to keep us interested during the next 5 months or so.

43 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

Ffs. I just dont get it. 

It sends a fairly poor message if the city group are willing to continue on with a manger that had arguably one of the best squads at his disposal and all he could manage was 4th and two disappointing semi final exits!

Just feel CFG lack ambition keeping jvs on...

32 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

FWIW I now think he will be coach next season. I suspect that, overall, he just scraped past the absolute minimum performance level acceptable to CFG.  But it must have been close. I'm now more interested in what sort of squad we'll end up with - obviously - but also who are appointed as assistant coaches and whether we're going to see JvS' likely successor in that role. The departures of Jolic and Trani came as a surprise to me. On the coaching front I'm also interested in whether the club will keep Joey Didulica; he can't be in CFG's good books with a seven-match suspension on his record.

Lots to keep us interested during the next 5 months or so.

No surprises Trani and Jolic are gone what so ever. New coach who will bring his own people in. Jolic left to go back to Sydney but he was sick of the commute but could of stayed should he have wanted to but knowing a new coach is on the way in he knew his job was gone. I would be very surprised if JD was still there come the end of season review is done.

5 hours ago, Dylan said:

He also might not have been told yet.

Absolutely. 

Looks to me that the club is getting out of the way the minor calls first before it moves onto the big fish. So far it's all just speculation about Mooy, Fornaroli, Novillo and JvS. Nothing official yet from the club.

Whether that's because they're still negotiating or they haven't finalised their decisions yet, I  suspect we'll start hearing things very soon.

There's a story just come out over here that Pellegrini has turned down a variety of job offers because he wants to keep managing in England. Part of that story says that CFG tried to persuade him to stay within the organisation, and offered him a managerial position in Melbourne and New York. It's by no means any sort of proof, but it does suggest that they're willing to put an end to JVS' reign.

• Like 4

Not having any experience in sports administration my question would be how long will it take to complete the performance review of the club administration? I would imagine that CFG would be reviewing not only JVS's performance but also recruiting, injury management, etc. The other question is whether CFG would send people over from Europe to conduct the review and if so when they would be expected to arrive in Melbourne and how long they would expect the review to last.

A professional organisation would conduct a thorough review of the whole operations before moving to make changes. So far we have had Jolic resign, some players released and only Trani "sacked". The release of those players would have happened anyway regardless of who was coaching next season and it gives them time to start hawking themselves about. The "sacking" of Trani is a mystery to me.

So I would expect another fortnight before any serious announcements are made.

1 hour ago, Falastur said:

There's a story just come out over here that Pellegrini has turned down a variety of job offers because he wants to keep managing in England. Part of that story says that CFG tried to persuade him to stay within the organisation, and offered him a managerial position in Melbourne and New York. It's by no means any sort of proof, but it does suggest that they're willing to put an end to JVS' reign.

I've been hoping for that to happen since they announced Pellegini was leaving Man City. Hopefully nothing comes up in England and he wants to come to Australia!

7 minutes ago, Andrew Edmonds said:

Just been told his a 0% chance of getting the sack... is on 750k a year and they won't pay that out 

Who told you that? JVS I hope. If it's true then they may as well save money on recruitment as well and just play youth players next season.

I can save money on a season ticket too

Edited by belaguttman
  • Like 5

12 minutes ago, Andrew Edmonds said:

is on 750k a year and they won't pay that out 

Lol. Wow! This fucking club eh?

Oh well I have spent too many years worrying about the idiotic decisions this club has made over the years. I thought it would be different under City, but obviously not. To give a coach with a 30% win record an ironclad 3 year contract worth 750k a year is just insane. Hopefully they can work out a way to make it work with him still in charge but I am way too exhausted by this whole saga to give a shit any more.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NewConvert said:

Not having any experience in sports administration my question would be how long will it take to complete the performance review of the club administration? I would imagine that CFG would be reviewing not only JVS's performance but also recruiting, injury management, etc. The other question is whether CFG would send people over from Europe to conduct the review and if so when they would be expected to arrive in Melbourne and how long they would expect the review to last.

A professional organisation would conduct a thorough review of the whole operations before moving to make changes. So far we have had Jolic resign, some players released and only Trani "sacked". The release of those players would have happened anyway regardless of who was coaching next season and it gives them time to start hawking themselves about. The "sacking" of Trani is a mystery to me.

So I would expect another fortnight before any serious announcements are made.

CFG have there own people down here overseaing everything and reporting to the head knobs in the UK from admin coaching team day to day running ...... If you saw Trani on matchdays barking out orders says alot about JVS. No mystery what so ever he knew his job was gone and knew JVS wouldnt be around next season!! 750k to CFG is back pocket change they will balance the loss one way or another :)

2 hours ago, tommac said:

I've been hoping for that to happen since they announced Pellegini was leaving Man City. Hopefully nothing comes up in England and he wants to come to Australia!

Will most likely end up in Italy if he cant find a job in the UK

36 minutes ago, Andrew Edmonds said:

Wish it was JVS. Ray Gatt told me.

I'm surprised Ray Gatt has heard of Melbourne City. I suppose they've played the 2 Sydney teams so it would appear on the radar occasionally. I can't imagine that he'd have any inside contacts.

• Like 1

They'd lose far more money if they let him blow another season!!! If NYCFC,MCFC get replacements then ours is surely due?

If for some unbelievable reason they don't sack him then I hope they try make the best of a shit situation and bring in some real quality assistant managers to baby sit him. Possibly even one of the assistants being the new manager in waiting.