Melbourne Football

The JvS thread

Tesla

35 minutes ago, illeatyourheart said:

Still just have no idea how you finish mid-table with a team who scored more goals than anyone ever which also contains the highest goal scorer of any season ever and the "best player in the league" (probably ever). Just sack him now... it might lift the players going into the finals

Three words:

John

van't

Schip

1 hour ago, illeatyourheart said:

Still just have no idea how you finish mid-table with a team who scored more goals than anyone ever which also contains the highest goal scorer of any season ever and the "best player in the league" (probably ever). Just sack him now... it might lift the players going into the finals

He needed to be sacked in Perth when he picked a joke squad for the cup semi.

The guy thinks winning silverware is not important.

• Like 1

We could delve into why JVS is obviously an inept manager until the cows come home, but ultimately it'd be a waste of time. 

The fact is this. We have the best squad in the league, comfortably.  On paper, no other side comes close. Premier league goalkeeper, Socceroo right back, centre back and former Socceroo left back. Best midfielder the league has seen, best striker the league has seen, and i haven't touched the more than capable role players that are littered through the side. Novillo, Chapman, Kisnorbo, Malik, Fitzy etc. There's no excuse at all to not win the league with that squad. 

My concern now is with Davutovic reporting that he'd be surprised if JVS isn't at the club next season. If that were to eventuate, and the bloke remains at the helm next year, I doubt I'll renew my membership, and I don't think I'd be the only one.

Edited by marn11
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, NewConvert said:

What was truly disappointing watching the replay that according to SBS at half time JVS said nothing to the players. WTF???? Its fine to have nerves of steel on the pitch but as a coach he really needs to improve the motivational factors.

Wtf? 

18 minutes ago, NewConvert said:

What was truly disappointing watching the replay that according to SBS at half time JVS said nothing to the players. WTF???? Its fine to have nerves of steel on the pitch but as a coach he really needs to improve the motivational factors.

Is this a joke?

9 minutes ago, marn11 said:

We could delve into why JVS is obviously an inept manager until the cows come home, but ultimately it'd be a waste of time. 

The fact is this. We have the best squad in the league, comfortably.  On paper, no other side comes close. Premier league goalkeeper, Socceroo right back, centre back and former Socceroo left back. Best midfielder the league has seen, best striker the league has seen, and i haven't touched the more than capable role players that are littered through the side. Novillo, Chapman, Kisnorbo, Malik, Fitzy etc. There's no excuse at all to not win the league with that squad. 

My concern now is with Davutovic reporting that he'd be surprised if JVS isn't at the club next season. If that were to eventuate, and the bloke remains at the helm next year, I doubt I'll renew my membership, and I don't think I'd be the only one.

Definitely not renewing next season for as long as JVS is there. The club knew we'd choke during our last two games and the finals series, that's why they released the membership campaign early while we were on a good run.

Whether JVS is inept or just average can be debated, what is beyond debate is that he isn't the coach who is going to win this team a Premiership nor succeed in the ACL

26 minutes ago, NewConvert said:

He had nothing to say because he didn't know what to do

7 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

Whether JVS is inept or just average can be debated, what is beyond debate is that he isn't the coach who is going to win this team a Premiership nor succeed in the ACL

He had nothing to say because he didn't know what to do

Reckon you'd have a hard time arguing he's just average when he's done nothing in his entire managerial career that suggests he's anything but inept.

1 hour ago, playmaker said:

So when do we know if he is sacked or not?

Is there a specific time that this is formally announced.

I will not renew my membership until I know we have a new coach.

You have been here long enough to know its Thursday at 10am

Edited by Dylan
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, playmaker said:

So when do we know if he is sacked or not?

Is there a specific time that this is formally announced.

I will not renew my membership until I know we have a new coach.

After we've lost 18 in a row and @Embee does a huge dummy spit on camera.

Edited by Shahanga
  • Like 3

Not a great source, but:

City players losing faith in JVS

By The Secret Agent

11 April 2016

We can reveal that all is not well at Melbourne City.

Most of the playing squad and some of the back room staff are fed up with John Van Schip’s poor management.

JVS’ favouritism of Fornaroli, Mooy and Novillio has left players seething and some have even privately told people that the club culture is toxic due to a lack of discipline.

Novillo in particular is offside with teammates, constantly whinging and verbally abusing fellow players at training.

The manager seems disinterested in dealing with all this and finds himself at odds with most of his playing roster.

Other complaints include JVS’ inability to communicate and manage players.

http://www.sportingnews.com/list/4701562-the-secret-agent-city-players-losing-faith-in-jvs/slide/1

5 hours ago, Murfy1 said:

Not a great source, but:

City players losing faith in JVS

By The Secret Agent

11 April 2016

We can reveal that all is not well at Melbourne City.

Most of the playing squad and some of the back room staff are fed up with John Van Schip’s poor management.

JVS’ favouritism of Fornaroli, Mooy and Novillio has left players seething and some have even privately told people that the club culture is toxic due to a lack of discipline.

Novillo in particular is offside with teammates, constantly whinging and verbally abusing fellow players at training.

The manager seems disinterested in dealing with all this and finds himself at odds with most of his playing roster.

Other complaints include JVS’ inability to communicate and manage players.

http://www.sportingnews.com/list/4701562-the-secret-agent-city-players-losing-faith-in-jvs/slide/1

Honestly :droy:

There really is no quality control of "journalism" these days....

Just posted on TWG

No coach would be under more pressure at the start of the A-League finals series than Melbourne City's John van't Schip. If City are eliminated by Perth Glory at AAMI Park on Sunday, then surely the Dutchman would be at risk of losing his job. 
By 
Greg Prichard

12 APR 2016 - 8:18 PM  UPDATED 26 MINS AGO

dsfdds.jpg?itok=0XUVdfCY&mtime=146044454
Novillo given two-game ban for half-time melee
Melbourne City forward Harry Novillo has been handed a two-game ban for his role during the half-time melee of the A-League clash with Adelaide United on Friday night.

After 25 rounds, City had made it to the top of the A-League table for the first time this season. Then it all went pear-shaped, with losses away to Perth Glory (3-2) and Adelaide United at home (2-0) condemning them to fourth.

Van't Schip's men were ultimately fortunate that Perth came undone on the road against Sydney FC in the final game of the regular season, otherwise they would have been travelling across the continent for an away game against Glory, instead of playing them at home.

City have a strong playing roster and a lot of money has been spent on preparation. The club's owners, City Football Group, would no doubt already be concerned about the opportunity lost to win the Premiers' Plate and begin the finals series in prime position.

If it were to all end horribly with a third straight loss, then they would presumably be asking the hard questions of everyone involved, starting with the coach.

That article opening line annoys me. Surely he is already at risk of losing his job and and a loss to Perth would (if not already) seal his fate.

Anything other than us winning the final and I want the prick sacked the next day after losing any final or on the night in front of the crowd as an appeasement for losing.

If we win the final then i would accept upto a maximum of three weeks before they fire his ass. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, malloy said:

That article opening line annoys me. Surely he is already at risk of losing his job and and a loss to Perth would (if not already) seal his fate.

Anything other than us winning the final and I want the prick sacked the next day after losing any final or on the night in front of the crowd as an appeasement for losing.

If we win the final then i would accept upto a maximum of three weeks before they fire his ass. 

That last line would make a hell of an awesome month.