Melbourne Football

The JvS thread

Tesla

And if they win the grand final I will have to concede defeat and accept another ten years of JVS in charge. 

This is the thinking I am worried about.

Even if we do go on to the grand final and even win it, the fact remains all complaints made about him at the start of the season are still huge problems when you look at the season as a whole. Inconsistent? Check. Plays players out of position or not used properly? Check. Boring? Check. Players not motivated for important games? Check. 30-35 win percentage? Check. And so on.

I will be over the moon if we win and I will l be there Friday night cheering City on too, but really we have no business being in the hunt for the most prestigious prize in Aust football and its only down to the FFA's comical format that we can have a season like ours and only be one win away from a grand final spot. But I'm sure this type of thinking will be seen as irrational and I'm not a true fan etc etc. and we can do the whole thing again next year because people will judge him on three matches.

You're worried that a manager wins a grand final for the club you support??? Check...you are a XXXXXXXXXX

We have no business being in the hunt for the most prestigious prize in Aust football?? Check. We played be the rules... you are a XXXXXXXXXX

Here's idea why don't you stop ragging on city..

Send my ban notice to "you cunts will never be happy"..................

And if they win the grand final I will have to concede defeat and accept another ten years of JVS in charge.

Even if we do go on to the grand final and even win it, the fact remains all complaints made about him at the start of the season are still huge problems when you look at the season as a whole. Inconsistent? Check. Plays players out of position or not used properly? Check. Boring? Check. Players not motivated for important games? Check. 30-35 win percentage? Check. And so on.

I will be over the moon if we win and I will l be there Friday night cheering City on too, but really we have no business being in the hunt for the most prestigious prize in Aust football and its only down to the FFA's comical format that we can have a season like ours and only be one win away from a grand final spot. But I'm sure this type of thinking will be seen as irrational and I'm not a true fan etc etc. and we can do the whole thing again next year because people will judge him on three matches.

You're worried that a manager wins a grand final for the club you support??? Check...you are a XXXXXXXXXX

We have no business being in the hunt for the most prestigious prize in Aust football?? Check. We played be the rules... you are a XXXXXXXXXX

Did you even read KSK's post? No where did he say he was worried that the manager will win the final. His point was even if it were to happen there are still large issues to be addressed.

Now basing off your forum sign up date there is a reasonable chance you are bandwagoner who has jumped on board since CFG took over. If this is the case then you will have to wait another three seasons of seeing the same issues time and time again never being addressed before you can even begin to understand the mindset of some one who has been there since day 1 of Heart.

Now if you are some one who got on board Heart since day one (and I mean a real supporter not someone who claimed they supported the team and barely turned up for non derby games) then I apologise, but surely you would be more understanding of KSK's position on JVS.

• Like 5

I don't why I've got this feeling but I wouldn't be surprised if the CFG have made their minds up on JVS already and so whatever happens in the next two weeks won't matter in terms of his position at the club. I guess I'm trusting their football expertise and to be able to recognise when issues are present and have been present for a long time, regardless of whether certain results somewhat mask them (a win this weekend for example). That being said, I doubt he'll get sacked this season but barring a losing streak like the one we suffered under Aloisi, I don't think he was ever going to get sacked in his first season under new ownership  

No JVS fan but could he really do that bad next season? Get rid of the several shit kickers in our team and replace them with smart recruiting we would win the league!

I agree. I don't think our starting XI is that bad at all, in fact it's quite good. Just lacking any real depth. When you look to our bench, that's where you see how far off we are from the top sides. But as many have said elsewhere, add another striker, better wingers and full backs and our squad will be quality! 

I will be over the moon if we win and I will l be there Friday night cheering City on too, but really we have no business being in the hunt for the most prestigious prize in Aust football and its only down to the FFA's comical format that we can have a season like ours and only be one win away from a grand final spot. But I'm sure this type of thinking will be seen as irrational and I'm not a true fan etc etc. and we can do the whole thing again next year because people will judge him on three matches. You're worried that a manager wins a grand final for the club you support??? Check...you are a XXXXXXXXXX

Did you even read KSK's post? No where did he say he was worried that the manager will win the final. His point was even if it were to happen there are still large issues to be addressed.

Now basing off your forum sign up date there is a reasonable chance you are bandwagoner who has jumped on board since CFG took over. If this is the case then you will have to wait another three seasons of seeing the same issues time and time again never being addressed before you can even begin to understand the mindset of some one who has been there since day 1 of Heart.

Now if you are some one who got on board Heart since day one (and I mean a real supporter not someone who claimed they supported the team and barely turned up for non derby games) then I apologise, but surely you would be more understanding of KSK's position on JVS.

Cheers Malloy. As I have said so many times when it comes to JVS rational thought seems to go. As indicated by this guy's post.

Yes. My opinion of him 7 days ago was that he is not a good coach. The fact we won a game since then and the finals format is a joke doesn't change that

• Like 1

The finals are kind of a lottery played over 3 weeks. The home and away season is the true measure of a teams performance. With a win ratio of just over 30% JVS would have been sacked ages ago in many other leagues. How far we get in the finals should not be the only way to judge JVS. He needs to be judged over the nearly 5 years he's been at this club - and that's been a pretty ordinary record for any club aspiring to win fans and silverware.

• Like 1

No JVS fan but could he really do that bad next season? Get rid of the several shit kickers in our team and replace them with smart recruiting we would win the league!

The problem with inconsistent performances remains, I can't see how this would change under JVS because whilst the team personnel have improved the inconsistency hasn't

I don't think today is the time to be questioning this.

I think it's best to push this again after our final game, whenever that is.

Finally some common sense. Wait till after the final game and re-assess. So is now a good time?

If they are going to do it they have to do it early

For the love of God fuck this cunt off from the team as soon as possible. I really cannot be fucked another fucking season with average play style and fuck all results with fucking retarded recruitment that doesn't even fit his shitty God dam system. I want to fucking throw my monitor out the widow every time I fuking read comments defending JVS in the facebook city fan group. Fuckheads all round

• Like 6

Finally some common sense. Wait till after the final game and re-assess. So is now a good time?

Yep definitely.

Can't keep losing to the same team the same way... 3 times in one year. Bullshit.

Finally some common sense. Wait till after the final game and re-assess.

So is now a good time?

Now is the correct time. Sharpen the knives mofos.

I have nothing to add. I think I said it best back in October: 

I just find it funny that people talk about JVS as though this is his first stint in the A-League. 

And that it's the players fault except when they go on winning streaks- then the it's all because of JVS's genius. 

So he was rehired when Heart when on a winning streak last season but what few players are left from that squad should not be expected to win games now...

Well I won't be surprised it City sneak into the top six this year and all the JVS supporters say "just see what he does next season with a top squad!".  

And then City come fifth...

My fear isn't that JVS is a terrible coach but that he's a mediocre one.

• Like 2

Ripamonti seems to be gone. 

PK AR TV JH CC JG KJ BG JC EP AM MMu RK DD SM HN DW PR MMa IR JB JM MD RW it been an absolute pleasure work with you @MelbourneCity thanks

Life is meant to be a challenge, because challenges are what make you grow so thanks to @MelbourneCity and all the team who make it happen!

Edited by Dylan

We should make an offer too big to refuse to Graham Arnold.

Just when you thought the way we play couldn't get any more boring...

They finished second and scored the second most amount of goals, nothing boring about that.

Even if they were boring. It would be better to be boring and win than boring and shit

• Like 3

Give this plonka the boot already for fucks sake.

Ferran Soriano's outlook calendar should read as follows this week:

Tuesday 9am - Flight to Melbourne.

Thursday 7am - Meeting with Melbourne City board

Thursday 9am - Sack the orange git.

Thursday 10am -  Announce sacking of orange git to the media.