Melbourne Football

2014/15 Nike Kits (Home, Away, Third)

Dylan

Can someone ask Nikestore when/if they expect to get stock? I can't figure out how to access this live chat thing.

or tell me how to do it. cbf calling/sending email.

Went into Nike Melbourne Central today lunchtime and they said they don't know when they're getting the away kit, but the home kit they expect on January 13th. The guy there reckons they only released the away top because of the short supply of the home kit...so if they hadn't run out of the home kit, would they have even released the away jersey at all?

This brings me to the question of the day, how long have they been sitting on these Away jerseys and not selling them because they wanted to sell more of their home jerseys first?!?!?

Just went to the F1 store on Elizabeth St, but they have them for $110!

They look sweet, but the red is a lighter red than the 'Heart' red...I hope it doesn't wash out to a pink after a few washes! hehe

I'm between a Large and an XL, but the Large was too tight so if you're buying online and are slightly on the bigger side, go the XL!  ;)

Can someone ask Nikestore when/if they expect to get stock? I can't figure out how to access this live chat thing.

or tell me how to do it. cbf calling/sending email.

Went into Nike Melbourne Central today lunchtime and they said they don't know when they're getting the away kit, but the home kit they expect on January 13th. The guy there reckons they only released the away top because of the short supply of the home kit...so if they hadn't run out of the home kit, would they have even released the away jersey at all?

This brings me to the question of the day, how long have they been sitting on these Away jerseys and not selling them because they wanted to sell more of their home jerseys first?!?!?

got to laugh at all these conspiracy theories

Santa (AKA The Wife) has told me that my Christmas present has just been ordered. Fair to say ill be pretty happy with my present this year :tooth:

Wont have it for the Derby either way as its an Xmas present.Im cool with that though. Gonna go vintage for the Derby and wear a Heart kit instead

My mother in law gave money to my wife to buy it for me as a Christmas present! I no complain!

Now that I think about it, I'm kinda glad I'll be wearing my Heart polo at the Derby actually; one last time before I embrace the future in the Perth game!

I've just seen the away kit on display in a shop in Swan St Richmond, thisisfootball.com.au

I'm tipping this is where the first batch of home tops the team wore came from - from memory the first practice match where the stripe was just the one shade of blue.

There's been plenty of conspiracy theories on this forum about the club purposely holding back the away top and pushing the home kit down our throats, etc, etc...

I've been looking around the above site and it wouldn't surprise me if  this is where the order for the away kit was made - especially as this seems to be the first place the away kit was seen. 

I imagine that once the FFA shot down the sky blue home jersey, they had to quickly find a new home kit, hence the decision to go with something already templated and made (and Nike) - the Man City 3rd kit from last year. This enabled them to get this jersey in quicker as a priority and why it was available from the Nike store first.

Meanwhile they would have engaged a local Nike kit supplier such as the above to get in a similar top quickly (one royal blue shade) stripe for the first practice game and junior school programs - and also the away kit. The away kit order would have been for a smaller number first for the actual player tops and then a larger order for the public. I'm not sure if a 5 month or so lag time is normal, but doesn't surprise. So imo, it has just been a supply issue and nothing else.

For all you out there who like posting their MCFC kit designs, I would recommend jumping on here first to see the actual Nike templates as a starting point to work with.

Edited by rass

I've just seen the away kit on display in a shop in Swan St Richmond, thisisfootball.com.au

I'm tipping this is where the first batch of home tops the team wore came from - from memory the first practice match where the stripe was just the one shade of blue.

There's been plenty of conspiracy theories on this forum about the club purposely holding back the away top and pushing the home kit down our throats, etc, etc...

I've been looking around the above site and it wouldn't surprise me if this is where the order for the away kit was made - especially as this seems to be the first place the away kit was seen.

I imagine that once the FFA shot down the sky blue home jersey, they had to quickly find a new home kit, hence the decision to go with something already templated and made (and Nike) - the Man City 3rd kit from last year. This enabled them to get this jersey in quicker as a priority and why it was available from the Nike store first.

Meanwhile they would have engaged a local Nike kit supplier such as the above to get in a similar top quickly (one royal blue shade) stripe for the first practice game and junior school programs - and also the away kit. The away kit order would have been for a smaller number first for the actual player tops and then a larger order for the public. I'm not sure if a 5 month or so lag time is normal, but doesn't surprise. So imo, it has just been a supply issue and nothing else.

For all you out there who like posting their MCFC kit designs, I would recommend jumping on here first to see the actual Nike templates as a starting point to work with. Mate, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

• Like 4

I've been looking around the above site and it wouldn't surprise me if this is where the order for the away kit was made - especially as this seems to be the first place the away kit was seen.

For all you out there who like posting their MCFC kit designs, I would recommend jumping on here first to see the actual Nike templates as a starting point to work with. Mate, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Yep, probably!

On what basis do people think that it's inevitable that sky blue will become the colour of the home kit, especially in the short term? City tried to do that before this season, the FFA said 'no' pretty emphatically, City's people seemingly shrugged their shoulders and said 'fair enough'. Why do people think that outcome will change in the near future (and especially next year, as some are suggesting)? Sydney will fight tooth and nail to ensure this doesn't happen and if SFC was successful last time, I don't see why the outcome would be any different next time and the time after that.

Are teams even allowed to have three completely different designs - let alone entire colour combinations - on their standard home kit in three years?

I quite liked the home kit when it first came out and I still do. Don't really see what's wrong with it, to be honest, besides the navy blue stripe.

Because the FFA will eventually realize that they need city more than city need to be here. Once city get their shit together the FFA will do anything to prevent them from walking and I imagine CFG know this and will use it to their full advantage.

Surely before making the decision it ultimately did, the FFA would have been able to see that:

1. CFG would just go back again and again each year, until it got its way, unless the FFA was absolutely emphatic that it wasn't happening.

2. The rebadged Melbourne franchise was already looming as the next superpower in the league (it wasn't like the decision was made when we were back at rock bottom in mid-late November).

3. Sydney will be just as fierce about protecting its exclusivity to the sky blue next time it comes up and the time after that.

4. There is the potential to seriously compromise the league, if billionaire owners start waltzing in and making their own rules about what the club will now wear, regardless of what the supporters, the other clubs and the league want. If the FFA goes back on its decision here, that's a pretty dangerous precedent it's setting.

To be honest, I don't know enough about Gallop and the FFA people to know whether they'd crumble like that, so maybe it could happen. I'm just not sure how they could possibly do so, without anything else changing and not look completely incompetent. I would have thought if CFG was to force the sky blue in, it would be in the form of a permanent away kit.

I think its not a bad kit, but to me is more of an away kit than a home kit.

Just dont get the same pride i had when i wore a Heart kit and no its not cause I've had trouble with the change to Melb City.

Just a little annoying that we got a kit that Man City had as a 3rd strip a couple of years back.

Not to be a ****, but someone might have to explain this to me. As far as I'm concerned, it looks fine. What does an away kit look like? Isn't the away shirt generally the same design as the home shirt, in a different colour combination? Would City have looked better this year with the same double blue stripe running down the middle? a sky blue and navy sash? Or sky blue and white stripes/hoops? Or plain white? It doesn't have cartoon pictures all over it, like some of those godawful AFL away guernsey designs, it doesn't have the team name in big letters on the front...it just looks like a normal shirt to me. I don't get the concept of one looking like an away shirt and one looking like a home shirt. I think it's more simply a case that as Heart carryovers, we prefer the red and white, regardless of what the design is.

Can everybody please do me a favour and not buy the home kit until after I get payed on Wednesday? Because if they sell out before then I'll cry. Cheers

I just bought an away top!  ;) FUCK tumblr_m325lrnSfr1qf3hns.jpg

No I definitely got the point. He did bloody highlight it after all. I was cursing my error rather than his purchase of the away kit.

• Like 1

I could accept sky blue and white as the home kit, but the current shade of blue is not what I call sky blue and it certainly isn't the shade that is traditionally associated with Manchester City.

For the life of me I cannot see why a touch of our red could not be embodied somewhere on our home kit, perhaps as a thin stripe down the side of the shorts, or on the tops of our socks. And I can see no reason why City is trying to ram dark blue - the colour of our Melbourne rivals - down our throats every place they can find to do so. Not only does it piss off everyone from the Heart days, but IMO it detracts from the argument that they are somehow building an international brand.

ATM the most obvious link between our home jersey and CFG is the "Emirates" logo plastered on it. Other than that there is just no link between our jersey and ManC or NYC.

• Like 4

I could accept sky blue and white as the home kit, but the current shade of blue is not what I call sky blue and it certainly isn't the shade that is traditionally associated with Manchester City.

For the life of me I cannot see why a touch of our red could not be embodied somewhere on our home kit, perhaps as a thin stripe down the side of the shorts, or on the tops of our socks. And I can see no reason why City is trying to ram dark blue - the colour of our Melbourne rivals - down our throats every place they can find to do so. Not only does it piss off everyone from the Heart days, but IMO it detracts from the argument that they are somehow building an international brand.

ATM the most obvious link between our home jersey and CFG is the "Emirates" logo plastered on it. Other than that there is just no link between our jersey and ManC or NYC.

Hahahahahahaha. The new blue make them look like smurfs. But like you said if it is that shade just have red trim instead of the navy would link old and new. NY could have navy and ManC has white. Simples. We could perhaps take it better if the team was playing well but with all the hype we had at the start it has just gone down hill from there. Villa leaving early, injuries etc and this cityzens thing plus all the spin. Just leaving a bad taste. 

Hahahahahahaha. The new blue make them look like smurfs. But like you said if it is that shade just have red trim instead of the navy would link old and new. NY could have navy and ManC has white. Simples. We could perhaps take it better if the team was playing well but with all the hype we had at the start it has just gone down hill from there. Villa leaving early, injuries etc and this cityzens thing plus all the spin. Just leaving a bad taste.

Realistically, the only red they might accept is a small heart logo shape somewhere on the shirt

Realistically, the only red they might accept is a small heart logo shape somewhere on the shirt

Being Manchester, why don't they just make the shirt fully red? After all, isn't Manchester famous for it's red strip?

now that the away kit is available it's time to complain about something else, members get $10 off the jersey but have to pay $10 for postage anyway

expecting the club to make sure we don't get these before the derby

Yeah I can never work that out, to have that benefit as member is great but when it ends up being the same price at say Rebel well you aren't going to wait for it in the post are you.

now that the away kit is available it's time to complain about something else, members get $10 off the jersey but have to pay $10 for postage anyway

expecting the club to make sure we don't get these before the derby

Yeah I can never work that out, to have that benefit as member is great but when it ends up being the same price at say Rebel well you aren't going to wait for it in the post are you. anyone know if you can go to latrobe or a home game to pick it up for free? So its only $90

Members discount was and still is available both online and also in person at City HQ but the away jerseys aren't being sold there, according to the club.

Thats a bullshit lie so they dont get every Tom Dick or Libba going down and picking it up direct.

Otherwise how would they make money on the extra postage