Melbourne Football

2014/15 Nike Kits (Home, Away, Third)

Dylan

You know if we all banded together that things can be changed and done!

Look what happened to Liverpool fans who wanted their old owners to get out....they went to the courts and won.

Another example this time local.....as much as I hate bringing our rivals up, for this point I have to mention this........NT had its protest last season due to fan measures created by the club and the FFA, eventually they most protested and boycotted and brought huge media attention that it was enough for the club to react and negotiate, they (the fans) eventually got what they wanted (almost!).

My point is, if we really want things to happen we all have to make a huge noise as much as possible from protests to game day silent treatment from the terrace to boycotting anything to arouse attention to get the message across to finally make the club talk and draw up changes for the benefit of the club and towards its fans.

This can happen only if we all had the balls to do it, but if we all are going to lie down and not do a thing, whats happening now is going to get worse.

LOUD NOISES!

Release the fucking kits, ffs.

I don't see the point, Bcoz in the big picture CFG will do more positive than negative. Nothing stopping people from wearing heart kits to games

What are the chances of CFG trying to stop us fans wearing old heart gear, I wouldnt be surprised if they tried to get rid of it as well!

The point is if you want things changed, we all must band together and make change, examples: Boycotting, Silent Terrace Protest, Writing to Media, Getting Media Attention, Tifo Banners like we did at the end of the last season etc etc etc

if CFG believe they are hurting fans in not giving them what we (majority) all want and if it does get enough attention more negative than positive....the owners will have to listen, bad publicity is bad for them, they dont want to see a whole club with its fans in an uproar, there investment will go down and they will have a horrible media attention that will draw national and international attention.

If that happens sooner than later they will bow down and give into our demands.......

But not everybody see's it the same way, Unfortunately you will prob find more white in the crowd now. YOU Can still and forever wear Heart nobody would judge you. But to be honest CFG will have it their way, Sky blue. With the name and colour change comes greater facilities, greater use of scouts, Greater appeal for players to sign with us. As much as I loved heart and its colours without CFG heart may not of lasted much longer.The "we should be thankful to CFG for saving us" argument is bullshit we were making a profit even without player sales and even if Sidwell etc didn't want to continue there were about 3 other investors (not including South Melbourne) keen to get a hold of Heart.

Edited by JoyfulPenguin

Look what happened to Liverpool fans who wanted their old owners to get out....they went to the courts and won.

Another example this time local.....as much as I hate bringing our rivals up, for this point I have to mention this........NT had its protest last season due to fan measures created by the club and the FFA, eventually they most protested and boycotted and brought huge media attention that it was enough for the club to react and negotiate, they (the fans) eventually got what they wanted (almost!). 

My point is, if we really want things to happen we all have to make a huge noise as much as possible from protests to game day silent treatment from the terrace to boycotting anything to arouse attention to get the message across to finally make the club talk and draw up changes for the benefit of the club and towards its fans.

This can happen only if we all had the balls to do it, but if we all are going to lie down and not do a thing, whats happening now is going to get worse.

LOUD NOISES!

I don't see the point, Bcoz in the big picture CFG will do more positive than negative. Nothing stopping people from wearing heart kits to games

What are the chances of CFG trying to stop us fans wearing old heart gear, I wouldnt be surprised if they tried to get rid of it as well!

The point is if you want things changed, we all must band together and make change, examples: Boycotting, Silent Terrace Protest, Writing to Media, Getting Media Attention, Tifo Banners like we did at the end of the last season etc etc etc

if CFG believe they are hurting fans in not giving them what we (majority) all want and if it does get enough attention more negative than positive....the owners will have to listen, bad publicity is bad for them, they dont want to see a whole club with its fans in an uproar, there investment will go down and they will have a horrible media attention that will draw national and international attention. 

If that happens sooner than later they will bow down and give into our demands.......

Great idea! How about we storm the FFA office and demand that the club license be handed back? Yeah!

You have my sword.... 

Ffs, now we're defending the old owners for running a profit despite their lack of willingness to spend money and actually properly run a professional football club.

I've really seen it all now.

No. Someone just correctly pointed out that the club was not going to fold and that CFG didn't 'save' us, like people claim. I want CFG to fuck off, not to get the old owners back, but because I can't reconcile with their policy of obliterating the club I supported in order to create their own.

And people need to stop taking a 'wait and see' approach to them changing the red and white away kit. Everything they've done so far is enough evidence that the red and white away kit is gone, most likely next year.

• Like 1

Ffs, now we're defending the old owners for running a profit despite their lack of willingness to spend money and actually properly run a professional football club.

No. Someone just correctly pointed out that the club was not going to fold and that CFG didn't 'save' us, like people claim. I want CFG to fuck off, not to get the old owners back, but because I can't reconcile with their policy of obliterating the club I supported in order to create their own.

And people need to stop taking a 'wait and see' approach to them changing the red and white away kit. Everything they've done so far is enough evidence that the red and white away kit is gone, most likely next year.

Hmmm I see your point but I'm more inclined to wait and see.

Welcome back Sash. Just visiting, or to stay?

• Like 2

Welcome back Sash. Just visiting, or to stay?

Thanks JW. I went to my first game game on Saturday and the night and reaction to it has sucked me back into the vortex of the whole Heart/City situation. Like Godfather III, 'I keep trying to get away, but they keep dragging me back in', or whatever the line is. To be honest, I just plan on following the A League by going to games, but being a bit more detached from it all. Apologies for getting a bit emotional in my first post for a while!

• Like 3

LOUD NOISES!

Not sure if I can take any post seriously that has 'bcoz' in it

• Like 1

I saw a City fan walking out of AAMI Park last match and he was wearing the new away jersey. Any idea how he had it?

Stole it off a player? No chance, it was like XXXXL (if we saw the same guy) David villa 9 on the back. Wasn't A-League oficial letters n numbers though I don't think. Yeah, that's the guy I saw too. It wasn't official letters on the back but I think it was the official jesey.

I saw a City fan walking out of AAMI Park last match and he was wearing the new away jersey. Any idea how he had it?

Stole it off a player?No chance, it was like XXXXL (if we saw the same guy) David villa 9 on the back. Wasn't A-League oficial letters n numbers though I don't think.Yeah, that's the guy I saw too. It wasn't official letters on the back but I think it was the official jesey.Nah, it wasn't the official jersey. The stripes were thicker and there weren't as many.

Your avatar pic looks like a certain melbourne city official employee. Do you work for the club? No, I'm just a fan, haha.

But you're very obvious to recognise in the crowd...sometimes it's better to be anonymous.

Staggering to me that the new owners of the club are playing such a long game that their merchandise range is so fundamentally limited particularly in relation to replica strips.

Stole it off a player? No chance, it was like XXXXL (if we saw the same guy) David villa 9 on the back. Wasn't A-League oficial letters n numbers though I don't think. There was enough material in that shit to make 3 tents

I'm a big guy, but the bloke in the XXXXXL shirt made me look svelte

Stole it off a player? No chance, it was like XXXXL (if we saw the same guy) David villa 9 on the back. Wasn't A-League oficial letters n numbers though I don't think. Yeah, that's the guy I saw too. It wasn't official letters on the back but I think it was the official jesey. Nah, it wasn't the official jersey. The stripes were thicker and there weren't as many.

he had that made himself, have seen posts about it. its just a fake with etihad and our logo on it