Melbourne Football

IN or Out

MUTD/MLBHRT/ESSNDON

191 members have voted

1. 1. If a name and colour change came next season who is IN or Out

Despite the mostly crappy results and bad form, I have loved having a local (professional) football team to support and be able to see live every second week.

I also made the decision to support Heart before they were called Heart or it was announced they'd be red and white, so would be a bit silly to give up now, as much as I love red and white.

I'd stay in, but yes, would take a while to get used to. I would also continue wearing my current red and white Heart gear to games.

• Like 2

I'm in but I really don't want Heart to be sky blue. The problem with a survey like this is just because people are "in" doesn't mean they are happy. But City probably care more about the extra 20k supporters they want to attract to the club and I can't blame them. By going sky blue I doubt they will lose any more than 500 current members. 

Edited by Alexxandro

There's a lot of ppl on this forum that support the game before the club... And that's how it should be. Keep the IN's coming, we have a big lucky future ahead of us. We should be blessed we are going to be given this opportunity to compete with Asia's best in seasons to come, things we would have never imagined.

City might build a blue empire in melbourne, but the base that holds it together, we will all no is RED!

This is exactly what the owners want to see, a tally. How many will change there position if we kept colours, but changed name only?

My view is Keep our colours, they are unique and probably the only geniune football team colours in the Aleague. City is better than the Heart name. Heart as nickname.

Edited by Pandev
  • Like 2

Agree somewhat with you matt. I cant help but feel that we have lost all individuality and independence, makes me feel like I support a small fake franchise club.

But on the other hand, I have made so many friends and met so many people who like me have remained so loyal over the years that it really is a no brainer for me to carry on.

Having actually sat back and thought hard about it - Out. I fell in love with THIS club. And to anyone who says anything along the lines of "think of the success we will have now", if I was all about trophies, I'd have stayed at Victory. Sure, I'd love for HEART to be successful, but I'd rather watch my red and white boys lose every game and the core of the club stay as it is now, than sacrifice it all to win championship after championship.

Change the name, change the colours, it's no longer my club.

• Like 3

Dissapointed really, that so many are ready to accept these changes. Says a lot about the fortitude of our supporters tbh.

Change the colours, change the name, change the logo and you're changing the identity.

It's no longer the same club.

Simple as that.

Same line I have held throughout this debate.

I went through the same shit with my AFL club 7 years ago.

It's why I'm so passionate about this issue.

We mightn't be as old as other AFL clubs, but I'm just as passionate about what we have here.

An identity that we've all bought into, and helped build together, over the past 5 years.

An idenitty we've spent sleepless nights painting tifos for, drinking for, spending thousands to travel away for. Even split blood for.

It means too much.

I didn't sign up to support a mini-Manchester City. I didn't sign up to support a local puppet of some foreign football club.

I chose to support Heart. A club that wears this city's colours. A club that represents Melbourne. A club that represents our people. A club that respects the game locally, and doesn't shit all over it like the Mongs have.

I welcome the investments, but not at the expense of them steamrolling over everything us supporters have built.

If they change what us fans have built, then I'm out. But I won't take it lying down and I'll let them know what I think.

And I implore everyone to have the same position.

Anyone saying 'maybe' is giving Man City more room to push what they want on us.

Owe you a like and some mate. The man speaks the truth

• Like 1