Melbourne Football

Mark Bresciano

Murfy1

Mark Bresciano training with Melbourne Heart to regain fitness for World Cup

February 5, 2014

Mark Bresciano is training with Melbourne Heart as he seeks to boost his fitness ahead of a potential World Cup berth.

Bresciano is serving a four-month ban by world football body FIFA over a transfer dispute, ruling him out of competitive matches until March.

The suspended Socceroos midfielder popped up at Epping - Heart's modest suburban training ground - on Wednesday morning with the rest of John van 't Schip's squad.

Bresciano said last month he hoped to find a club to train with that also offered friendly matches, possibly in Italy.

Heart were coy on how long Bresciano would stay training with the club; or whether they are lining up a potential deal for the playmaker when his suspension ends.

If a move to the Heart becomes possible, it would allow Bresciano to play five regular-season matches before the finals start in April.

Heart full-back Aziz Behich said the whole group would benefit from having a player of Bresciano's calibre at the club.

"Everyone knows Bresciano and what he's done. He'll be good to have around the group even if it's just training," Behich said.

"The experience he brings, he'll help a lot of us young players. I think he'll lift the tempo."

Heart travel to the New South Wales country town of Albury to play Perth Glory on Sunday.

AAP

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-02-05/bresciano-trains-with-heart/5240718?section=sport

Edited by Murfy1

until march? Would that make him available for the derby?

I don't think so. He's ban started from the 16th of November so it'd go until March 16th I would think.

Heart play Wellington at home on Sunday, March 16th at 4pm so I'm hoping he'll be eligible to play ON that day! There'll be a lot of torn people that day if he gets to play for Heart; watch Bresciano play for Heart at AAMI Park or watch the Grand Prix at Albert Park!?!

I'll be at AAMI Park :up:

• Like 1

I am almost salivating at the thought of him playing for Heart, now that would really be the signing of the season......If only...

And to have him lining up next to Harry. Top 2 greatest ever socceroos in our team! Viduka

And Schwarzer. Top 2 by far.

No schwartzer no Germany

I am almost salivating at the thought of him playing for Heart, now that would really be the signing of the season......If only...

And to have him lining up next to Harry. Top 2 greatest ever socceroos in our team! Viduka

No schwartzer no Germany

He was the true hero in the penalty shoot out, not JA. 

• Like 5

I don't think so. He's ban started from the 16th of November so it'd go until March 16th I would think.

Heart play Wellington at home on Sunday, March 16th at 4pm so I'm hoping he'll be eligible to play ON that day! There'll be a lot of torn people that day if he gets to play for Heart; watch Bresciano play for Heart at AAMI Park or watch the Grand Prix at Albert Park!?!

Lol the grand prix is shit, the only people who go to that are bogans who have no interest in soccer in the first place.

Lol the grand prix is shit, the only people who go to that are bogans who have no interest in soccer in the first place.

Grand prix is defintley too upper class for bogans lol they only like the v8s 

• Like 1

Mark Bresciano trains with Melbourne Heart in bid to maintain fitness ahead of World Cup

Matt Windley

February 5, 2014

MELBOURNE Heart will form a crucial part of Mark Bresciano's World Cup preparations after the banned Socceroo returned to training on Wednesday.

The 33-year-old midfielder is set to feature prominently in Ange Postecoglou's plans for Brazil, but has been banned from playing again competitively until March 13 owing to the circumstances around his 2012 transfer from Al-Nasr in the UAE to Qatari club Al-Gharafa.

That's where Heart comes in to the equation, as the Victorian - at the invitation of the A-League club - will train with the team throughout February.

Bresciano trained for about an hour on Wednesday at Epping Stadium, largely on his own, but when he did take part in the full-team warm up he was closely flanked by his former Socceroos teammates Harry Kewell and Patrick Kisnorbo.

"Hopefully he can get out of this what he wants to and come back fitter and stronger, especially after what's happened to him," Kisnorbo said.

"The main thing is that he's here, he's ready to train hard and hopefully it's beneficial for him."

Kisnorbo said Heart's players would also benefit from Bresciano's presence.

"He's played in the biggest leagues in the world and on the biggest stage," he said.

"So definitely the young boys can learn off him in training with the little things that he does."

Bresciano's ban does not extend to friendly matches meaning he can take part in any informal game Heart plays and also the Socceroos outing on March 5, which is understood to be against Ecuador in London.

Meanwhile, Heart, Perth Glory and Football Federation Australia officials have had discussions regarding Sunday's game at the Lavington Sports Ground in Albury, which is set to be played in 41 degree heat.

Kick-off is scheduled for 3pm.

Similar to the Australian Open tennis, a Wet Bulb Globe temperature reading is used to determine what/if any additional drinks breaks are needed or, in extreme cases, if the game needs to be delayed or cancelled.

Players will have access to ice vests and cooling fans on the bench.

Defender Aziz Behich said preparations for the Sunday scorcher had already begun in earnest.

"It starts during the week, needing to be hydrated and getting the right rest and recovery in," Behich said.

"I'm sure all of the boys will do the right thing and we'll all be ready for Sunday."

Behich denied that the heat would advantage Perth players who are accustomed to playing in such conditions at nib Stadium.

"The heat's a factor for both teams," he said.

"So it's no excuse. It's only for 90 minutes and we'll be both mentally and physically prepared."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/football/mark-bresciano-trains-with-melbourne-heart-in-bid-to-maintain-fitness-ahead-of-world-cup/story-fnk6pqhd-1226819006994

Edited by Murfy1

I really don't think FFA has thought this through. February is the hottest month of the year, so here we go playing a match in the heat of the day in the full sun with virtually no shade for spectators...and we don't have to run around in it - I really feel for the players.

Bloody stupid quite frankly.

I really don't think FFA has thought this through. February is the hottest month of the year, so here we go playing a match in the heat of the day in the full sun with virtually no shade for spectators...and we don't have to run around in it - I really feel for the players.

Bloody stupid quite frankly.

FFA? The scheduling is determined by some guy from Foxtel who worked it out in his air-conditioned office

• Like 4

as long as he isn't marquee

Ha! We are in danger of becoming a very smug club. 

would have said this before the takeover tbh

should be aiming for a long term marquee, not one that will be here a year and then retire

of course a bit harder with an aussie but for international we should be looking at someone like Broich, Hernandez etc.

Edited by yelawolf

Surely there is a chance that Bresc, being a local lad (Bulleen junior, in fact), would sign for us on minimum like Grella and Kewell just to "give something back".  Surely the coin would be the least of his worries after all those years in Serie A.  Just putting it out there that money may not motivate him at this stage of his career.

• Like 1

Surely there is a chance that Bresc, being a local lad (Bulleen junior, in fact), would sign for us on minimum like Grella and Kewell just to "give something back".  Surely the coin would be the least of his worries after all those years in Serie A.  Just putting it out there that money may not motivate him at this stage of his career.

Plus the couple of years in the middle east.

Is he eligable to play any games with us?

On his signing, I agree with the above but we can just get around it the old 'legal' AFL way.

Bresc can sign on on minimum wages like Harry, with the wink wink nudge nudge deal that he will be transitioned to assistant coaching (or talent analysis or whatever) after his years are up.

And to have him lining up next to Harry. Top 2 greatest ever socceroos in our team!

Viduka

No schwartzer no Germany

He was the true hero in the penalty shoot out, not JA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jRjUYAobZ8

• Like 6

If Bresciano is considered it will be a typical Gulf deal as one multibillionaire Sheikh will have a word over an espresso with another multibillionaire Sheikh, and the financial arrangements might well be sorted there before he even boards his Etihad flight back to Australia..To be honest it might one reason why he trains with Heart now so that the top brass can get to know him a bit before committing themselves.