Melbourne Football

Mark Bresciano

Murfy1

A fuller version of Bresc's statements (related to Heart):

Bresciano revealed he had originally tried to move temporarily to train with a club in Italy where he formerly played at clubs including Lazio, Parma, Palermo and Empoli.

"Honestly, I was trying to go back to Italy before I came to Australia," said the 73 capped veteran who celebrated his 34th birthday last week.

"But a lot of the clubs weren't guaranteeing me friendly games so it pointless for me to go there.

Heart did and that was the main reason why - I just had to think, as an athlete, what's the best way I can get myself right? Obviously it's a plus being home because I have my family beside me and my wife and kids and my friends.

"Training at Heart is going very well. I'm very happy to be there and very happy that they accepted me to come back. I train with them throughout the whole week. The main reason for me going back to Heart is that they said they would orgainse friendly games for me. It's very important for me just to keep my match fitness up and I'm grateful for that.

"I played one on Sunday and I have another one next week and hoepfully another one before I go. It's good because you can train as much as you want but match fitness is the most important.

I've got to play as many friendlies as possible. It's exactly what I need.

"I'm just waiting for my suspension to be up so I can get back there and start playing again."

But although Bresciano was grateful to Heart for heling him stay in World Cup contention, he was reticent about returning as an A-League player with the club.

"As a player , I don't know," he admitted. "I still have another year at Al Gharafa. I think at my age now, I probably have to just play it year by year and just see physically what state I'm in.

"Obviously I'll try to play as long as possible, but that all depends on the body, just how much it can cope."

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/brescianos-world-cup-fears

Edited by Murfy1

Bresciano in high school:

"Honestly, I was trying to date a hot girl again before I settled on an ugly one. But a lot of the hot girls weren't guaranteeing me sex so it's pointless for me to go there.

Heather did and that was the main reason why - I just had to think, as a Playa, what's the best way I can keep fucking? 

I had sex on Sunday and I will fuck again next week and hopefully another time before the summer holidays finish. It's good because you can masturbate as much as you want but regular sex is the most important. 

I've got to have as much sex as possible. It's exactly what I need."

• Like 3

Bresciano in high school:

"Honestly, I was trying to date a hot girl again before I settled on an ugly one. But a lot of the hot girls weren't guaranteeing me sex so it's pointless for me to go there.

Heather did and that was the main reason why - I just had to think, as a Playa, what's the best way I can keep fucking?

I had sex on Sunday and I will fuck again next week and hopefully another time before the summer holidays finish. It's good because you can masturbate as much as you want but regular sex is the most important.

I've got to have as much sex as possible. It's exactly what I need."

10/10

Bresciano's A-League future all in the body

26 February Philip Micallef

Australia midfielder Mark Bresciano, who is nearing the end of a four-month suspension, is open to the idea of coming home to play in the A-League.

Bresciano said, however, that he would only come back to Australia if his body allows him to keep playing at his best.

"Coming home is certainly is at the back of my mind," Bresciano said after a training session with Melbourne Heart,

where he is keeping fit until his suspension expires on 13 March.

"It is something I'm thinking of, except that my body will make my decision for me.

"I don't want to come back if physically I am not okay.

"I will only return to Australia if I'm capable of playing regularly.

"So whether or not I come home will depend on how I feel physically.

"I respect the A-League too much to come here when I'm not there 100 per cent.”

Bresciano was suspended by FIFA after irregularities emerged over his transfer from Dubai club Al-Nasr to Qatar's Al-Gharafa in August 2012.

Even though he will be eligible to play from mid-March, he will take his case to the Court of Arbitration in Switzerland to prove his innocence and finally clear his name.

Bresciano, whose contract with Al-Gharafa ends in a year, said the past few months had been "very frustrating" but it was not the worst part of his career.

"I am not injured and the worst period probably was in the months leading up to the World Cup in 2010 when I had major back problems," he recalled.

"I suffered the injury in March and I did not play a game before the World Cup.

"At one stage it was touch and go whether I would make it to South Africa."

Bresciano liked what he saw as an interested spectator at Melbourne Victory's 4-3 victory against Adelaide United.

"I think the game has grown immensely since the days I was playing (for Carlton) in the National Soccer League," he said.

"The clubs are better run now. I was there for the president's lunch, too, and I was very impressed with the professional way the whole day was organised.

"There were some mistakes that led to goals but the match was incredibly exciting for the fans.

"I'm sure those people watching would not hesitate to go and watch other games."

Popular Bresciano is one of Australia's finest and most experienced players and Postecoglou is widely expected to pick

him for the Socceroos' tilt at the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil.

Australia will play Chile, Netherlands and Spain.

"We know what we are coming up against and it's going to be very tough," he said.

"But having said that, there has been a change in the Socceroos' approach, more from the psychological side I think.

"Also Australia will go there with nothing to lose and we'll have to wait and see what we can get out of it."

The Socceroos have lacked a pure playmaker for several years and Bresciano, who can draw on his experience of playing in Serie A for several seasons, said he could do that job if called upon.

"I think I can fill that role but it all depends on which players the coach chooses and how he sees it," he said.

"But yes, I would be happy to play in that role if selected."

Bresciano said he had ample time to regain a level of match fitness that would make him a strong contender for a spot in Postecoglou's 23-member squad.

However, whether he gets the nod or not, Bresciano expressed his gratitude to Heart and former coach and Socceroos team-mate John Aloisi for giving him an excellent opportunity to stay fit during his period of inactivity.

"I'm very grateful to Heart for accepting me as part of their team and part of their training sessions," he said.

"They even organised friendly games for me.

"They were very supportive and I cannot show enough appreciation for the time they have given me."

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1182678/Brescianos-A-League-future-all-in-the-body

Edited by Murfy1