Melbourne Football

Home derby 1st March 2014

jw1739

Just reminding all GA season-ticket holders: you have to reserve a seat for this game.

The window for doing this closes on 6th February at 5.00 p.m.

From the latest Club e-letter:

MELBOURNE DERBY TICKETING INFORMATION

Don't forget that our upcoming Melbourne Heart FC vs. Melbourne Victory match on Saturday, 1 March 2014, which kicks off at 7:45pm at AAMI Park, is a fully ticketed event. As we are expecting the match to reach stadium capacity, we have arranged an exclusive priority period for General Admission (GA) members to reserve a seat for this game.

The GA Members Priority Ticket Window remains open until this Thursday, 6 February 2014 at 5:00pm. Once this online period concludes, ticket sales will become available to the general public on Friday, 7 February at 9am. During this public sale, existing members will be able to purchase tickets for friends and family members, and can make seating changes through Ticketek.

Please remember that your GA membership cards will not scan into the Derby. Premium A, Premium B, Ace of Hearts and Active Supporters already have allocated seating (specified on the rear of their membership card).

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1

Just reminding all GA season-ticket holders: you have to reserve a seat for this game.

Don't forget that our upcoming Melbourne Heart FC vs. Melbourne Victory match on Saturday, 1 March 2014, which kicks off at 7:45pm at AAMI Park, is a fully ticketed event. As we are expecting the match to reach stadium capacity, we have arranged an exclusive priority period for General Admission (GA) members to reserve a seat for this game.

The GA Members Priority Ticket Window remains open until this Thursday, 6 February 2014 at 5:00pm. Once this online period concludes, ticket sales will become available to the general public on Friday, 7 February at 9am. During this public sale, existing members will be able to purchase tickets for friends and family members, and can make seating changes through Ticketek.

Please remember that your GA membership cards will not scan into the Derby. Premium A, Premium B, Ace of Hearts and Active Supporters already have allocated seating (specified on the rear of their membership card).

We are confused.  Have just tried to book for ourselves and 3 friends and only seem to be able to book seats for the members.  Came on forum to see what others had found.  If I now read you correctly this is because the 4 of us who are members, have to buy our tickets now and then have to wait until Friday 7th before we can buy tickets for our 3 friends who are not members?  As we would all want to sit together do we then at that later time have to also re-allocate our seating so that we can get all 7 seats together? If so - what a farce.

Don't forget that our upcoming Melbourne Heart FC vs. Melbourne Victory match on Saturday, 1 March 2014, which kicks off at 7:45pm at AAMI Park, is a fully ticketed event. As we are expecting the match to reach stadium capacity, we have arranged an exclusive priority period for General Admission (GA) members to reserve a seat for this game.

The GA Members Priority Ticket Window remains open until this Thursday, 6 February 2014 at 5:00pm. Once this online period concludes, ticket sales will become available to the general public on Friday, 7 February at 9am. During this public sale, existing members will be able to purchase tickets for friends and family members, and can make seating changes through Ticketek.

We are confused. Have just tried to book for ourselves and 3 friends and only seem to be able to book seats for the members. Came on forum to see what others had found. If I now read you correctly this is because the 4 of us who are members, have to buy our tickets now and then have to wait until Friday 7th before we can buy tickets for our 3 friends who are not members? As we would all want to sit together do we then at that later time have to also re-allocate our seating so that we can get all 7 seats together? If so - what a farce.

You have to wait until the tickets go on sale for the public to get them for your friends, yeah. I have the same problem.

We are confused.  Have just tried to book for ourselves and 3 friends and only seem to be able to book seats for the members.  Came on forum to see what others had found.  If I now read you correctly this is because the 4 of us who are members, have to buy our tickets now and then have to wait until Friday 7th before we can buy tickets for our 3 friends who are not members?  As we would all want to sit together do we then at that later time have to also re-allocate our seating so that we can get all 7 seats together? If so - what a farce.

Yes, it was the 'great derby deal' organised by the previous franchise holders. Good riddance to them.

Don't wait. Call the club and speak to them, tell them your dilemma. Hopefully they can work it out for you, but I wouldn't risk waiting.

Reserved my dads general membership. So all he has to do is scan his membership card now?? I selected ezyticket $2 and $3 was some service fee.

No, his membership card is useless for the derbies, you/he will need to print out the ezyticket you'll be sent to your email and take it along. Alternatively you can go down to the ticket office at the ground on the day, queue up, and ask them to reprint you a ticket. (Technically I think they can charge you for this? Not sure, it hasn't happened to me on the rare times I've done it.)

$2 to be sent a ticket is ridiculous, as is the almost $6 to be sent it by text. What a rip off.

I just bought 4 member tickets - no problem. Now all I have to look forward to is separately buying 3 non member tickets tomorrow and trying to get all the seats together.

Just looked at Tickertek and it looks like we now have to pay an extra $4.50 to relocate so we can all sit together.  Its starting to look like the members priviledge of booking early is NO advantage - in fact its financially disadvantageous.  Pissed off at the whole process.

Anyone else have problems with ticketek? The message I've received since last Fri is (allocation exhausted).

Yes, I had the same problem. After entering bar code numbers and selecting seats I was told an error had occurred and given a link to return to the home page. When I tried to re-enter my barcodes I was given the message that my allocation was exhausted.

This was last Friday and I sent an e-mail to David Lyon at Melbourne Heart to express my frustration. I received two phone calls from Ticketek that night which I let through to the message bank as I was on my way to the Sydney game and they called again Monday morning. The lady at Ticketek was very helpful and allocated my seats over the phone.

Pandev, I would encourage you (and anyone else having this problem) to contact David Lyon as this situation is simply not good enough and is a slap in the face to members who have already paid for their membership and should not be inconvenienced with this waste of time and money.

I have been assured that the club wants supporters to have value in their membership and that this issue with Ticketek is not desirable.

I had the same problem, and sent an email through to Ticketek (as they don't even bother to have a phone service these days) and by the time they replied 3 days later I realised that despite the error message, the ticket allocation was saved and I just had to checkout. Nevertheless, more poor service on top of an already poor deal

Farkk, left my membership at home.

is there any way i can find my membership number through the website or something?

KOM - Call MHFC membership on 1300 255 432.

I have just sent them an email regarding this whole crap system.

"Needed to book for this game for 4 members and 3 friends.  What a painful and time consuming process this turned out to be.

The "members privilege" period during the last week allowed us to book our 4 seats for this game but not book for the friends.  So at 9am this morning I got on the Ticketek site to book in our 3 non member friends and to try to get us all together - was totally confused.  Had to ring Ticketek (phone number 132 489) who said about the friends "Concessions cannot be booked into the same section where you are booked into.  They are only allowed in other sections - Melbourne Heart instructions".  After much discussion/argument/request to speak to a "higher" authority we managed to get it done.
Then when we tried to get the pre booked members seats transferred so that we could sit together we were told "Ticketek does not allow you to transfer bookings". After pointing out that this option was on their website they then acknowledged it but that it would cost an additional $4.50.

What a waste of time, what a crass system, what a way to treat members.  I am convinced professionals like MCFC can do it better - would not be hard."

• Like 1

Farkk, left my membership at home.

is there any way i can find my membership number through the website or something?

KOM - Call MHFC membership on 1300 255 432.

I have just sent them an email regarding this whole crap system.

"Needed to book for this game for 4 members and 3 friends.  What a painful and time consuming process this turned out to be.

The "members privilege" period during the last week allowed us to book our 4 seats for this game but not book for the friends.  So at 9am this morning I got on the Ticketek site to book in our 3 non member friends and to try to get us all together - was totally confused.  Had to ring Ticketek (phone number 132 489) who said about the friends "Concessions cannot be booked into the same section where you are booked into.  They are only allowed in other sections - Melbourne Heart instructions".  After much discussion/argument/request to speak to a "higher" authority we managed to get it done.
Then when we tried to get the pre booked members seats transferred so that we could sit together we were told "Ticketek does not allow you to transfer bookings". After pointing out that this option was on their website they then acknowledged it but that it would cost an additional $4.50.

What a waste of time, what a crass system, what a way to treat members.  I am convinced professionals like MCFC can do it better - would not be hard."

Cheers bud, all sorted after that!

Yeah I feel for you guys with that process man. One of the bonuses of Active is that you just buy a ticket, walk in and stand where you want.

I've always assumed you needed to book seats for derbies. I've always just done it out of habit. I mean, If it sells out, you're not going to get in without a seat. (Well that's how I always thought it worked.) Dealing with ticketek with all the booking fees etc shits me too, but it's just what you have to get used to if you attend sporting events where demand can exceed capacity. Your GA membership means you don't need to buy a ticket. But because you don't have a reserved seat, you have to book one. I don't think any club would set seats aside just in case you decided to turn up.

It's the way sport is these days and I can't see it changing. It's got to the point where some clubs have larger memberships than the staduim they play at can hold. If you want to walk in to a game and have a guaranteed seat without going through the ticketek routine, you need a reserved seat membership. Luckily for most of us, Heart isn't at that point yet - except for derbies.

Edited by Sash

By far the simplest way to do this would be to issue all GA members with a reserved seat. However, the only time they would be required to use it (and could claim it) would be at a designated "all-ticket match." In practice these would only be home derbies, until our crowds grow and we are regularly getting near capacity.

• Like 5

Maybe. But then it adds complexity if you want to bring friends and sit together. Today, I booked the number of seats I wanted (4 members + 2 for friends - not Victory supporters!), in aisle 17, and could've upgraded to premium seating if I wanted to. The rip off seems the $5 or something delivery fee because they come in an email. It can be complex to work out if you haven't done it before, but I'm pretty used to it now.