Melbourne Football

Start planning for 2016-17 now

AntiScum

It will be done pre-season i was told. No names were mentioned and as for do we still wear the wage bill depends if they find another club or not. If they were released to another club i think we don`t but if its terminated i think we do.

Id like to see an upgrade on Rob Wielaert (love Adrian Madaschi back), Nick Kalmar (replace with a local boy some upgrades in the NPL), Jonatan Germano

It will be done pre-season i was told. No names were mentioned and as for do we still wear the wage bill depends if they find another club or not. If they were released to another club i think we don`t but if its terminated i think we do.

Id like to see an upgrade on Rob Wielaert (love Adrian Madaschi back), Nick Kalmar (replace with a local boy some upgrades in the NPL), Jonatan Germano

If a contract is terminated by mutual consent then that's it, it's terminated. Nothing to do with what happens thereafter. Termination payments (that's if there are any) will be allocated to whatever FFA financial year we are in. From what I have read the "contract year" pretty much corresponds to the standard financial year, i.e. the current one is about to finish at c.o.b. 30th June.

I am sure that our 20% Melbourne Storm owners will have this pretty much under control. IIRC they have experience in this area...

I am sure that our 20% Melbourne Storm owners will have this pretty much under control. IIRC they have experience in this area...

Seeing as Melb Storm have had ownership changes since then unfortunately we can't even rely on that "experience" to be put to good use. We could get SFC's money man though :)

Interesting to wonder which players could be persuaded to leave or have their contracts paid out.

Presumably players that have been re-signed or signed for next season won't go, so that excludes: David Williams, Jason Hoffman, Tando Velaphi, Patrick Kisnorbo, Connor Chapman, James Brown, Jacob Melling and Aaron Mooy.

So I guess the list of players that could be released is: Andrew Redmayne, Rob Wielaert, Iain Ramsay, Massimo Murdocca, Jonatan Germano, Ben Garuccio, Stefan Mauk, Nick Kalmar and Mate Dugandzic.

I could imagine it being worthwhile to move on over half of that list, to be honest.

Given our recruitment for next season so far, 4 A-League players, I'm a bit weary about us having to recruit even more players. Hopefully we here more transfer news soon.

Interesting to wonder which players could be persuaded to leave or have their contracts paid out.

Presumably players that have been re-signed or signed for next season won't go, so that excludes: David Williams, Jason Hoffman, Tando Velaphi, Patrick Kisnorbo, Connor Chapman, James Brown, Jacob Melling and Aaron Mooy.

So I guess the list of players that could be released is: Andrew Redmayne, Rob Wielaert, Iain Ramsay, Massimo Murdocca, Jonatan Germano, Ben Garuccio, Stefan Mauk, Nick Kalmar and Mate Dugandzic.

I could imagine it being worthwhile to move on over half of that list, to be honest.

Given our recruitment for next season so far, 4 A-League players, I'm a bit weary about us having to recruit even more players. Hopefully we here more transfer news soon.

Outside of Mate, Ben and Mauk the rest of those players are expendable. 

Edited by kingofhearts