Melbourne Football

Melbourne Heart FC buy out - Man City, Melbourne City FC, etc.

AntiScum

Poorly constructed drunken emotional rant full of spelling and grammatical errors time:

If the colors change our club is completely dead and I sure as hell won't be supporting the club that killed it. Melb City would be right up there with Victory for my most hated club and I'd be left without a team to follow. I'd probably just throw my support behind a Euro club and watch the A-League as a neutral to support football in Australia as a whole until a Geelong or third Melbourne franchise is added in 10+ years. Could also get my live football fix following Ballarat in the NPL.

I actually have become so indifferent to this whole situation and have just resigned to accepting that what ever city decide to do they'll do. It's a shame that my passion is falling away considering for the last two seasons I've been making 7 hour round trips for every home game and the occasional training, bought every scarf the club has ever sold, came top 5 in the heart head hunter, introduced so many people to the club and support, created passionate fans, made banners, tipped hundreds into yarraside through scarfs stickers and the donation bucket and spent thousands supporting this club through merch, season tickets, petroleum, acommadation, flights for away trips, beer etc. I've got so many good memories and those can't be flushed away.

Please don't completely kill my team City. I need it. I'm sure you can get around the FFP rules by just giving us a sky blue away kit and all will be well.

Good rant, I agree.

One thing that interests me is why we haven't heard a peep out of the 20% of the new ownership consortium - the Melbourne Storm connection headed up by Bart Campbell and Gerry Ryan. The journos don't seem to have bothered with them, or have tried to get something out of them but have failed.

I would have thought that there is a Heart "Board" comprising 80% City nominees and 20% Storm nominees overseeing what Munn and Co. are doing. If there is, I wonder who is on it?

Perhaps it's all to come...?

One thing that interests me is why we haven't heard a peep out of the 20% of the new ownership consortium - the Melbourne Storm connection headed up by Bart Campbell and Gerry Ryan. The journos don't seem to have bothered with them, or have tried to get something out of them but have failed.

I would have thought that there is a Heart "Board" comprising 80% City nominees and 20% Storm nominees overseeing what Munn and Co. are doing. If there is, I wonder who is on it?

Perhaps it's all to come...?

Its probably one guy on the board to make sure the spelling of Melbourne is right and to translate slang for the city board members :lawl:

Poorly constructed drunken emotional rant full of spelling and grammatical errors time:

If the colors change our club is completely dead and I sure as hell won't be supporting the club that killed it. Melb City would be right up there with Victory for my most hated club and I'd be left without a team to follow. I'd probably just throw my support behind a Euro club and watch the A-League as a neutral to support football in Australia as a whole until a Geelong or third Melbourne franchise is added in 10+ years. Could also get my live football fix following Ballarat in the NPL.

I actually have become so indifferent to this whole situation and have just resigned to accepting that what ever city decide to do they'll do. It's a shame that my passion is falling away considering for the last two seasons I've been making 7 hour round trips for every home game and the occasional training, bought every scarf the club has ever sold, came top 5 in the heart head hunter, introduced so many people to the club and support, created passionate fans, made banners, tipped hundreds into yarraside through scarfs stickers and the donation bucket and spent thousands supporting this club through merch, season tickets, petroleum, acommadation, flights for away trips, beer etc. I've got so many good memories and those can't be flushed away.

Please don't completely kill my team City. I need it. I'm sure you can get around the FFP rules by just giving us a sky blue away kit and all will be well.

Sums up how I feel about it all at the moment. Except I will be waiting for a second Brissy team to come in plus the National team of course and hope the Strikers do well in the FFA Cup.

Is not Bart Cambbell still chairman.. ?

If he is it´s been very much overlooked so far.

I guess that was my point. He was described as "Chairman of the holding company Heart Consortium Group...", for example, here: 

http://www.theroar.com.au/2014/01/24/melbourne-storm-in-league-with-a-powerful-new-football-friend/

Edited by jw1739

Re: Melbourne Heart FC Thread

by mancity1 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:38 pm

aguero93:20 wrote:

mancity1 wrote:

KippaxCitizen wrote:

The big sporting rivalry in Aus is NSW v Queensland. NSW colours are sky and navy, Ql's is maroon. Manly Sea Eagles who are a NSW RL team play in maroon but i don't think their fans particularly care that that is the colour of Ql.

Correct the rivalry at club level is meaningless when compared to the rivalry at State level especially for different codes.

Interestingly when Victoria used to play AFL games against interstate rivals they used to wear blue.

The state colour of Victoria where Heart is based and will continue to be based is either blue or yellow for the yellow wattle but traditionally its blue.

Wearing sky blue for the home games and maybe something similar to what they wear now to away games especially when the play Sydney FC and Melbourne Victory is the way they will go.

Its inevitable they will be renamed Melbourne City and wear City colours and their will be no back lash from existing supporters and a number of new supporters will come along for the ride.

How do you know all this mate, or is it just speculation on your part?

It's a bit of both as I know John Van't Schip.

He has been briefed on the change of name and the change of home colours by the directors.

Its not nailed on to come in next season though.

If anything both will occur at the same time but Melbourne City is nailed on sooner rather than later and so is sky blue and so it should be given the investment and eventual player swaps between Man City players past their prime and Melbourne Heart or should I say Melbourne City.

It's the wish of the board to rename the club and change the colours and I know for a fact this was discussed when our F & S visited the club recently.

Don't forget Melbourne Heart has a small history time wise and have had a colour change albeit not significant already.

Most of the members and supporters are ambivalent to the change although some naturally want a set of home colours nothing like those of Victory.

The biggest rivalry in the A league and the game that draws the biggest crowd and the is most watched live ( all games are broadcast live ) is Victory and Sydney who both wear different shades of blue.

That was from the man city forums. Thought I'd post it to add more speculation :P

Always fascinates me that some people can make categorical statements about how others (who they don't know) will react.

Most are ambivalent to change?

There will be no backlash from supporters?

95% don't want it

45% said they'll walk (a lot, given we all have no where to walk to)

As to the Manly analogy, Manly have played in Maroon for decades before people in NSW becames concerned about a rivalry from Queensland- its not really a relevant comparison.

The world is full of people like this, who only hear what they want to hear and see what they want to see- hopefully they are not the decision makers at heart, otherwise they may have a rude surprise coming.

• Like 5

I know when I saw the New York City photo showing off their scarves and thinking of us wearing those colours, I almost vomited. I have, as stated before, no allegiance to Man City or their boring pale blue and white colours.

My club is Melbourne Heart and we wear red and white. I have no interest in a new entity. Having supported Morwell and followed Carlton in the NSL, Melbourne Heart is my last go following club football beyond the local level in this country. Should we become a mini Man City that will be the end. I will also discouraging all of my sons from investing in the plastic franchise system of the A-League and have them concentrate on proper clubs where members are valued and have a say.

That's if...

COYBIR.

• Like 1

Dylan, Murfy1 gave quite a detailed post (somewhere) about relevant statistical samples- 100 or more is large enough to be relevant.  

I therefore take this as 45% of ~7400 (ie the number of STH we had last year), otherwise known as 3300.

Now you might argue that not all will go through with that, but on the other hand there may be others who said they would renew that in the end won't.  Don't know the exact number of who will walk in the end, but whatever happens, a large % of fans Heart currently have will simply leave, with no obvious people to replace them (these mythical uncommitted Man City fans waiting for a sky blue Melbourne club simply don't exist, we all know that). 

I know you just want to go and watch a team play football, regardless of name or colours - I understand that, but most of us don't feel the same.

• Like 1

Dylan, Murfy1 gave quite a detailed post (somewhere) about relevant statistical samples- 100 or more is large enough to be relevant.  

I therefore take this as 45% of ~7400 (ie the number of STH we had last year), otherwise known as 3300.

Now you might argue that not all will go through with that, but on the other hand there may be others who said they would renew that in the end won't.  Don't know the exact number of who will walk in the end, but whatever happens, a large % of fans Heart currently have will simply leave, with no obvious people to replace them (these mythical uncommitted Man City fans waiting for a sky blue Melbourne club simply don't exist, we all know that). 

I know you just want to go and watch a team play football, regardless of name or colours - I understand that, but most of us don't feel the same.

Your answer is here

Surely its a relevant sample size if the sample is truly random and doesn't have a selection bias? 

TBH the people who frequent this forum IMO represent the more dedicated fans the ones who are more likely to care about the colours and name. I would dare say that outside of this forum it might just be a different case. I would say that the majority, if not all heart fans want us to stay red and white, but many of those probably don't care enough to not come back 

• Like 5

TBH the people who frequent this forum IMO represent the more dedicated fans the ones who are more likely to care about the colours and name. I would dare say that outside of this forum it might just be a different case. I would say that the majority, if not all heart fans want us to stay red and white, but many of those probably don't care enough to not come back 

At present its speculation.  None of us knows for sure. 

That is why i keep banging on about man City actually doing proper consultation - unless they ask people how they will react when they change both the name and club home colours on the same day, how will they know? 

The FFA did such a great job with setting up WSW consultation wise, you'd think it'd be a blue print for future major change in the A League, but it seems not. 

You can decide for yourself, however a well known worldwide brand is the manufacturer

thank fuck, no more stupid kappa turtle necks.

Kappa is a well known worldwide brand

More well known than nike or Adidas? Don't really follow a lot of world football, so i don't really know how often kappa is used in other leagues.

You can decide for yourself, however a well known worldwide brand is the manufacturer

thank fuck, no more stupid kappa turtle necks.

Kappa is a well known worldwide brand

More well known than nike or Adidas? Don't really follow a lot of world football, so i don't really know how often kappa is used in other leagues.

No nothing is bigger than those two, but Kappa is still popular enough to be considered a well known global brand. (If you went to my high school you would have thought its the only clothing brand)

Edited by hedaik

Kappa is a world wide and known shit brand of clothing. Our kits for the last two seasons were such poor quality. The printing is atrocious and fades.

Anyway if they design is being finalized, what happend to consultation? :P

My opinion on this is don't mix sky blue white and red. I'd rather all sky blue and white or all red and white

Oh and is there a collar sheik?

Edited by Dylan

Kappa is a world wide and known shit brand of clothing. Our kits for the last two seasons were such poor quality. The printing is atrocious and fades.

Anyway if they design is being finalized, what happend to consultation? :P

My opinion on this is don't mix sky blue white and red. I'd rather all sky blue and white or all red and white

Oh and is there a collar sheik?

Yeah.

The problem with sky blue & red is every combo I've seen clashes.