Melbourne Football

Melbourne Heart FC buy out - Man City, Melbourne City FC, etc.

AntiScum

WHEN ARE THE NEW OWNERS GOING TO START TALKING TO US AND MAKE ANNOUNCEMENTS?!?!

Sick and tired of the uncertainty, they should show some basic decency and at least let us know what's going on.

Considering they said "no news until the Grand Final is over", I'd say things will start to come out in the next few days.

Sick and tired of the uncertainty, they should show some basic decency and at least let us know what's going on.

Considering they said "no news until the Grand Final is over", I'd say things will start to come out in the next few days.

I can't see it being too long before the name and colour are sorted out Falustar.

For one thing the strips for next season will have to be sorted very soon I would imagine.

I can't see it being too long before the name and colour are sorted out Falustar.

For one thing the strips for next season will have to be sorted very soon I would imagine.

Pretty much my feelings on the matter, yep.

Edited by Falastur

Yup.. I can´t see it taking long, usually there´s a board meeting about now that rubberstamps the plans for next season meaning that the executives responsible for different areas can get started doing what they are paid for.. -_-

Today please cfg

I hope not. If its today when all the papers and news outlets will be talking about the final between Roar and WSW, then it must be bad news!

If they wait till the end of the week or next week then that means CFG have news that they really want to share with the existing STH/fans and the world at large.

• Like 1

Redmayne, Williams, Scott Munn and Behich all just followed Etihad Airways on Twitter... Could mean that Etihad actually is the new sponsor?

Well spotted! Would guess you are right. IIRC a while ago I saw a post on twitter where someone had spotted the Melbourne Heart youtube account following the MCFC youtube account. The tweet was posted a couple of months before the takeover.

• Like 2

Redmayne, Williams, Scott Munn and Behich all just followed Etihad Airways on Twitter... Could mean that Etihad actually is the new sponsor?

Well spotted! Would guess you are right. IIRC a while ago I saw a post on twitter where someone had spotted the Melbourne Heart youtube account following the MCFC youtube account. The tweet was posted a couple of months before the takeover.

On the other hand, people also noticed recently that Messi had started following City on Instagram, yet I'm far from convinced...We shall see, though.

Out of interest, I know I've seen people saying that they want Westpac to remain, but if Heart were to keep the red and white but change to Etihad, what would your feelings all be? And what if Westpac were to switch to being one of those back-of-shirt sponsors you all have over there?

On the other hand, people also noticed recently that Messi had started following City on Instagram, yet I'm far from convinced...We shall see, though.

Out of interest, I know I've seen people saying that they want Westpac to remain, but if Heart were to keep the red and white but change to Etihad, what would your feelings all be? And what if Westpac were to switch to being one of those back-of-shirt sponsors you all have over there?What's in a sponsor? I like Wespac, they've been good to us. But, I couldn't care less who sponsored us if it meant we keep our colours.

We all know how unlikely that is...

• Like 4

Out of interest, I know I've seen people saying that they want Westpac to remain, but if Heart were to keep the red and white but change to Etihad, what would your feelings all be? And what if Westpac were to switch to being one of those back-of-shirt sponsors you all have over there?

What's in a sponsor? I like Wespac, they've been good to us. But, I couldn't care less who sponsored us if it meant we keep our colours.

We all know how unlikely that is...

Even if the team are wearing something foreign, it doesn't mean the stands can't be our colours of red and white.

Whilst other people don't seem to care, i'd personally hope they would continue to be our shirt sponsor. They were our inaugural main sponsor, and have always done right by us, so we should show them the respect back and let them continue to be our main shirt sponsor , at least until there deal runs out.

If memory serves me right they signed a couple year extension last year to continue to be our main sponsor so it's going to be interesting to see what happens with the new owners.

• Like 2

Whilst other people don't seem to care, i'd personally hope they would continue to be our shirt sponsor. They were our inaugural main sponsor, and have always done right by us, so we should show them the respect back and let them continue to be our main shirt sponsor , at least until there deal runs out.

If memory serves me right they signed a couple year extension last year to continue to be our main sponsor so it's going to be interesting to see what happens with the new owners.

Things is though, our new owners don't really need the cash injection clubs get with having a sponsor. Am I right in thinking they are linked with etihad? As in they own it, or part of? If that's the case I'd say they'd be more keen on brand advertising on our shirts rather than the extra cash they'd get from Westpac..

Things is though, our new owners don't really need the cash injection clubs get with having a sponsor. 

Hopefully this means they can make less emphasis on kit sponsorship and we dont have to have every square inch of our shirt covered in branding!

JVS tweeted a pic of himself travelling to the UK, seemingly on a first class/business Etihad flight, I think (there was a flat screen in front of him advertising something about Abu Dhabi). He removed the tweet a few days after he posted it.

I'd like Westpac to remain a sponsor. They are a good blue chip Australian company, that's been pretty valuable for Heart, and Westpac have helped Heart do a lot of good community engagement (the Heart2Heart program, etc.). Although I wouldn't be fussed if Westpac became the back of shirt sponsor.

Edited by Murfy1
  • Like 1

Things is though, our new owners don't really need the cash injection clubs get with having a sponsor. 

Hopefully this means they can make less emphasis on kit sponsorship and we dont have to have every square inch of our shirt covered in branding!

Seems to be the way Australian sports is going. Let's just hope it doesn't go the way of Liga MX. My mate went to Mexico on his honeymoon and brought me back a Santos Laguna shirt. It's pretty epic!

JVS tweeted a pic of himself travelling to the UK, seemingly on a first class/business Etihad flight, I think (there was a flat screen in front of him advertising something about Abu Dhabi). He removed the tweet a few days after he posted it.

I'd like Westpac to remain a sponsor. They are a good blue chip Australian company, that's been pretty valuable for Heart, and Westpac have helped Heart do a lot of good community engagement (the Heart2Heart program, etc.). Although I wouldn't be fussed if Westpac became the back of shirt sponsor.

I would hope they look after Westpac.  Australia's oldest bank, they have been wonderful support for our club.

In addition it pays never to make enemies when you don't have to - you never know when you will need a friend....

Things is though, our new owners don't really need the cash injection clubs get with having a sponsor. Am I right in thinking they are linked with etihad? As in they own it, or part of? If that's the case I'd say they'd be more keen on brand advertising on our shirts rather than the extra cash they'd get from Westpac..

Mansour's half-brother runs Etihad, so it has nothing to do with him, although it certainly made it easier to sign a big sponsorship deal. If I was a betting man, I'd reckon that Etihad will end up as Melbourne's sponsors at some point, although I do not know how long Westpac has to run with its deal.

It´s a symbiotic relationship.. You might say that CFG thru its teams acts as a major promotion vehicle for several Abu Dhabi business interests among others, in return they get loads of money of course. You might even argue that MCFC started as a "loss leader" if you want.
That said MCFC itself is close to break even right now meaning that money used to cover MCFC losses might be available, in that light we can perhaps look at the expansion to New York and Melbourne.. Just me getting a bit philosophical about it

I'd like to keep Westpac as a sponsor in one way or another as they've been with us from the start. Not fussed about Etihad, as long as we don't have to play at the stadium. Keeping the colours is more important to me than who's the sponsor.

I'd like to keep Westpac as a sponsor in one way or another as they've been with us from the start. Not fussed about Etihad, as long as we don't have to play at the stadium. Keeping the colours is more important to me than who's the sponsor.

There is the red on the home kit :up:

do you have any news on when they will be announcing all this stuff? 

Tbh I dont really mind if they do change the colours and think any opinion that says that it wont be the same club, it will be a new club is just a personal reflection of how a single person feels towards the club. But I would be shocked if they did't put forward a few ideas of changes in regards to the home kit, away kit, logo etc and then negotiated a compromise, even if in every outcome they put forward was a change to sky blue and white for the home kit. But even so, ill declare id still be a member/sth what ever you want to call it. 

Edited by Dylan
  • Like 1