Melbourne Football

Round 6 v Sydney FC - AAMI Park Friday 16th

Mstrkrft

I've got a very close friend at the club (media guy), he told me today that John Kosmina wants the job, I almost died.

That wouldn't be ideal.

It wouldn't. I had to ask three times if he was shit stirring me but he was legit.

Hopefully the club has some brains and who ever they do get (if JA goes) is some1 with a half decent Resume.

Anyway, for the Sydney game I'll be on the swan street end. Slowly getting over the active area.

No kossie please, would rather have one of you blokes on here coach him over him

I've got a very close friend at the club (media guy), he told me today that John Kosmina wants the job, I almost died.

That wouldn't be ideal.
It wouldn't. I had to ask three times if he was shit stirring me but he was legit.
Hopefully the club has some brains and who ever they do get (if JA goes) is some1 with a half decent Resume.
Anyway, for the Sydney game I'll be on the swan street end. Slowly getting over the active area.

How can you get over the active area? It's the best in Australian football currently :up:

That wouldn't be ideal.

not ideal? It would be even worse than JA, Kossie has a well proven HAL record of failure

Trying to tone down my negativity. Lol.

It would be disastrous. Can't see it to be honest. We have better coaches at the club to fill in. Club can't be that stupid.

No kossie please, would rather have one of you blokes on here coach him over him

That wouldn't be ideal.

How can you get over the active area? It's the best in Australian football currently :up:

Really? Okay lol don't get me wrong I love the passion I've been in the yarraside since season 1 however I still can't get my head around the direction, what style are they doing? Ultra? Casuals? Bit of both? A lot of the chants are all over the place.

My eyes were opened up big time when wsw came in.

Personally myself I love the Casuals style of support. And the problem that I face personally is that all of my mates a scumbags (victory fans) so I only make the trip up myself and every1 i try to get says okay I'll follow heart but I'm not going to the games.

So yeah, don't think it's my thing. But please adopt me if u like. I've been mugged by victory fans I've been king hit in Adelaide and been belted in Sydney all on my own so the passion is there lol

• Like 1

That wouldn't be ideal.

not ideal? It would be even worse than JA, Kossie has a well proven HAL record of failureClub can't be that stupid. Heard that before.

Haha. I know I forgot who I was talking about.

Let's hope it's what Ando says. He wants the job the club don't want him.

Kossie is still better than JA, if we were to get Kossie till end of season then see where we're at we can either ditch him or sign him a contract. It's not all doom and gloom if we get him, I think he'd turn out good for us tbh. Hes coached in the aleague before and imo did very well with adelaide in his time there, he knows the league. FFS Mus**** is a better coach than JA and he's 2 games in to his coaching career.

Edited by RedAndWhiteSoldier

Why would we go for Kossie when there is a number of options around about who would give us the same thing at a minimum with a chance of success?

My biggest concern for this game is that Matt Thompson will get booed. The man gave us great service, although he was clearly not up to the JA standard of defensive midfielder. Nor could the formation be altered to fit him in.

Whilst I understand Garcia will cop it, I don't think it would be fair to turn on Thompson.

Why would we go for Kossie when there is a number of options around about who would give us the same thing at a minimum with a chance of success?

My biggest concern for this game is that Matt Thompson will get booed. The man gave us great service, although he was clearly not up to the JA standard of defensive midfielder. Nor could the formation be altered to fit him in.

Whilst I understand Garcia will cop it, I don't think it would be fair to turn on Thompson.

Going for kosmina would be disastrous to say the least. A league has moved on waaaaay past him 3 years ago

3 best performing clubs in the league (excluding roar ATM) are managed by 3 guys who were all considered for the national team's position.

Let's look at person who can take us to the top of the table, lets aim high!

Kosmina????

People get a grip!

We project mediocrity well thus far, lets not slide into total irrelevance

You wouldn't normally boo a player who got kicked out by your club, and never did anything wrong by the club except not playing so well in his last season. Happy for Thommo that he got a spot at Sydney and will definitely not boo him.

Hate Garcia and will enjoy booing him!

Gracia was a great player for us in an otherwise woeful season. He wanted to stay but was released by the club, why would we boo him?

Because we made him a very reasonably offer more than what he's worth and he mucked us around then we withdrew the offer.

He also bad mouthed the club making it sound like the club treated him badly when really it was him just wanting too much money.

Plus he's not a nice person, from reports of both Heart fans and Sydney fans, won't bother to talk to the fans, sign autographs etc.

• Like 1

You wouldn't normally boo a player who got kicked out by your club, and never did anything wrong by the club except not playing so well in his last season. Happy for Thommo that he got a spot at Sydney and will definitely not boo him.

Hate Garcia and will enjoy booing him!

Gracia was a great player for us in an otherwise woeful season. He wanted to stay but was released by the club, why would we boo him?

I think you may be mistaken there Bela. We did not release him. His contract expired, we wanted to renew it, and in fact we continued to negotiate with him long after all the other players had returned to training - which he declined to do. In the end he held out for more money for too long and eventually we were compelled to withdraw the offer so that we could sign someone else to the squad.

Because we made him a very reasonably offer more than what he's worth and he mucked us around then we withdrew the offer.

He also bad mouthed the club making it sound like the club treated him badly when really it was him just wanting too much money.

Plus he's not a nice person, from reports of both Heart fans and Sydney fans, won't bother to talk to the fans, sign autographs etc.

I know, I got him a whole fucking box of wrigley's gum after emailing Wrigleys telling them how much Garcia loves chewing gum during the game and I didn't even get a thank you! He's getting boo'ed!  :angry:

I know, I got him a whole fucking box of wrigley's gum after emailing Wrigleys telling them how much Garcia loves chewing gum during the game and I didn't even get a thank you! He's getting boo'ed!  :angry:

Never liked guys that chew gum the way he does.

Edited by Tony999

Crowd 8,000 or thereabouts again. Just saw there is a chance of showers on Friday so hopefully it doesn't drive to many people away. 

Tipping a 1-1 draw.

That would be a fabulous result, it means that we would actually score a goal. Wow :wub:

Otherwise let's pretend... ;)

Edited by belaguttman

We'll get over the line on Friday especially if Kalmar starts. JA said he was very good when he came on and was able to receive the ball and turn and open up space so this better mean he starts him.

Crowd could be 10-11k. We must remember the ADP factor.

Looking forward to booing Garcia and we should applaud Thompson if he is to come on as a sub or if he starts; when he first touches the ball.