Melbourne Football

Michael Mifsud

Tommykins

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/melbourneheart/news-display/Mifsud-guides-Heart-to-big-win/86119

How can a 32 year old be eligible to play in the National Youth League ?

Would have thought D-Mac would have just about more NYL games in his time with Heart than senior appearances. Engelaar played there as well.

It's just a nice name for a reserves competition; age is pretty irrelevant, besides the obvious 'if you're in your 30s and you're a regular in the youth squad, it's probably time to re-evaluate things'.

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/melbourneheart/news-display/Mifsud-guides-Heart-to-big-win/86119

How can a 32 year old be eligible to play in the National Youth League ?

someone can correct me but afaik you can have a certain amount of overage players.

AFAIK that number is four overage players. Again though, there used to be a rule (that may still be current) that each NYL player in the matchday squad has to have at least 30 minutes game time. So there are limits on the participation of overage players.

David Williams goals per game with Mifsud in the team. 0.14 (2 from 14)

David Williams goals per game without Mifud in the team. 1.4 (7 from 5)

Melbourne points per game with Mifsud in the team. 0.50 (7 from 14 : 1W 4D 9L) 

Melbourne points per game without Mifsud in the team. 2.0 (11 from 5 : 3W 2D 0L)  

MIfsud is a disease. JVS better not play him this weekend because he scored a hat-trick against teenagers.

He is in perfect form scored a hatrick in the Youth league.. how come not even on the bench lol ?

is this the first time worldwide, that a player is taken out of the players profile section and now back in the profiles section ? 

I wouldn't read anything into it. Retre has also reappeared, and the blank space for Kaya has disappeared.

High-performance Manager Simone Ripamonti hasn't made it yet.

I don't know who controls the content of this page, Heart or FFA. Whoever it is it's a shambles. Most of us, I think, gave up the club website a long time ago.

If I was in mifsuds position I'd be thinking that the end of the season is coming up, my current form is not going to help me get any offers for next season I need to start right now making an impact on the game for my futures sake. Nothing can beat a player that is trying to prove themselves. No garuntees but expect a determined mifsud if he is to play or be subbed on.

• Like 1

Kicked two goals. Looked sharp. The delivery to him wasn't great. Once or twice he was out of position (behind player instead is the front), got caught off side only once!!

No, he scored one, set up three and won a penalty.

Edited by LR9