Melbourne Football

Michael Mifsud

Tommykins

Some of his first half leaves me happily eating humble pie. By God he does leave some things to be desired.

On a side note tho, at least he gets into position to fuck up. Given the inability of others to do so, I question if we are using the right structure / if Mifsud is in the right spot. Just floating it tho

Edited by mattyh001
  • Like 1

I felt sorry for him after that open goal miss. He's clearly trying his guts out but he is yet to show he is anywhere near the standard required.

For all those declaring he needed better service, fair enough. But even with supposedly shit service (Williams pass was perfect) he very well could and should have scored a hattrick by halftime today.

Some of his first half leaves me happily eating humble pie. By God he does leave some things to be desired.

On a side note tho, at least he gets into position to fuck up. Given the inability of others to do so, I question if we are using the right structure / if Mifsud is in the right spot. Just floating it tho

"......at least he gets into position to fuck up.".

LOL. One of the funniest things I've ever read. Pure gold, simply pure gold. Please tell me you're taking the piss.

Sorely disappointed with this guy. Under Aloisi, it has been genuinely difficult to judge the quality and performances of our strikers. But today Mifsud had no excuses. He had more than enough service to find the back of the net, and he abysmally failed.

I still think there's a faint chance that Mifsud could be useful this season, especially if we start employing different tactics. But this guy doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt. He should only make the bench next round, if even that.

Yes he was shit today but we've seen mifsud without a goal...I do want to see a mifsud with a goal under his belt

By the way i vote for Hoffman playing in place of mifsud, let the man play in his rightful place up front. Can garuntee Hoffman would have converted 2 of the 3 chances at least.

Yes he was shit today but we've seen mifsud without a goal...I do want to see a mifsud with a goal under his belt

By the way i vote for Hoffman playing in place of mifsud, let the man play in his rightful place up front. Can garuntee Hoffman would have converted 2 of the 3 chances at least.

post-24639-simon-cowell-speechless-gif-w

• Like 1

Sorely disappointed with this guy. Under Aloisi, it has been genuinely difficult to judge the quality and performances of our strikers. But today Mifsud had no excuses. He had more than enough service to find the back of the net, and he abysmally failed.

I still think there's a faint chance that Mifsud could be useful this season, especially if we start employing different tactics. But this guy doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt. He should only make the bench next round, if even that.

Maybe. But please tell me who you're going to play in his place? Golgol can last maybe 20 minutes at full pace, and Dugandzic once more was never in the game.

I still say that the main problem is the style of play. Long ball is a euphemism for kick-and-rush, and that's the problem. Play some short crisp passes along the deck and the results might be quite different.

We were saved today by two superb strikes from a player who has also copped plenty of adverse comment on here.

• Like 4

Maybe. But please tell me who you're going to play in his place? Golgol can last maybe 20 minutes at full pace, and Dugandzic once more was never in the game.

I still say that the main problem is the style of play. Long ball is a euphemism for kick-and-rush, and that's the problem. Play some short crisp passes along the deck and the results might be quite different.

We were saved today by two superb strikes from a player who has also copped plenty of adverse comment on here.

I'm happy to play Golgol or Williams in place of Mifsud. If Golgol only lasts 60 or 45 minutes, so be it, he can then be replaced by Williams or even Mifsud.

I fully agree that our style of play really doesn't suit Mifsud, but today I felt he got enough service to provide a real account of himself, and what he showed wasn't flattering.

Like I said, I still think Mifsud could provide some decent finishing for us, especially if our tactics change and we play the ball to his feet. But after today I'm happy to rotate our forwards a bit. Next week, when we come up against the likes of Topor-Stanley and Spiranovic, I think Mifsud should be on the bench.

Edited by Murfy1

LOL. One of the funniest things I've ever read. Pure gold, simply pure gold. Please tell me you're taking the piss.I'll put it this way; was at the game so haven't seen the replays post game to double check but IIRC Mifsud fucked up 3-4 clear cut opportunities in the first half (check post time stamp, was made at halftime). Other forum users on the game thread say as much.

So....

1. Was this not the case?

2. To be clear cut, don't you have to be "in position" first (otherwise how can it be clear cut)?

As I posted earlier (although maybe to further clarify) I was disappointed with the guy he shoulda scored at least one

Edited by mattyh001

post-24639-simon-cowell-speechless-gif-w

You heard me

• Like 1

LOL. One of the funniest things I've ever read. Pure gold, simply pure gold. Please tell me you're taking the piss.I'll put it this way; was at the game so haven't seen the replays post game to double check but IIRC Mifsud fucked up 3-4 clear cut opportunities in the first half (check post time stamp, was made at halftime). Other forum users on the game thread say as much.

So....

2. To be clear cut, don't you have to be "in position" first (otherwise how can it be clear cut)?

As I posted earlier (although maybe to further clarify) I was disappointed with the guy he shoulda scored at least one

Sorry Matty, it just sounds so Monty Python. It's reminds me of that beautiful scene in Life of Brian where they argue about Stan's right to have babies. The inevitable reply, "what's the point?? What's the point of fighting for Stan's right to have babies, when he can't have babies?? Where's the foetus going to gestate, keep it in a box??"

What's the point of Mifsud getting into position when he's just gonna fuck it up!?!?

So....

As I posted earlier (although maybe to further clarify) I was disappointed with the guy he shoulda scored at least one Sorry Matty, it just sounds so Monty Python. It's reminds me of that beautiful scene in Life of Brian where they argue about Stan's right to have babies. The inevitable reply, "what's the point?? What's the point of fighting for Stan's right to have babies, when he can't have babies?? Where's the foetus going to gestate, keep it in a box??"

What's the point of Mifsud getting into position when he's just gonna fuck it up!?!?

Hahaha makes sense in context

And in terms of a consistent forward that's the million dollar question.

I felt sorry for him after that open goal miss. He's clearly trying his guts out but he is yet to show he is anywhere near the standard required.

For all those declaring he needed better service, fair enough. But even with supposedly shit service (Williams pass was perfect) he very well could and should have scored a hattrick by halftime today.

Not quite sure where you get "Open Goal" from... There was still TWO defenders between him and a goal. Just no Keeper...

Not quite sure where you get "Open Goal" from... There was still TWO defenders between him and a goal. Just no Keeper...

Wasnt exactly 'open' but bozza I reckon youd agree he should have put that one away.

Dreadful misses today, extremely disappointing, can't really say much else to be honest.

At this stage I'd be dropping him to the bench, starting Williams up front with GolGol wide and Mauk in behind, then bringing Mifsud on for the last 20-25 mins, has to earn the spot.

Whether or not it was technically a proper "open goal" is irrelevant though isn't it? Basically if it was on target it would have gone in save for a freakish effort from one of the defenders. And regardless i still felt sorry for him. Not sure what you are trying to argue here. That it was acceptable that he stuffed up the best chance of the match?