Melbourne Football

Pre-Season Friendlies

hakz7

we still cant defend a lead - even against 10 men with 6mins to go. No matter how good our squad will be this season the same crap is going to be dished up with JA in charge.

ALOISI OUT!!!

Did you bother to read some of the articles murfy1 posted? They were saying the conditions were that bad that if it was a regular season game it would've been cancelled. I just don't know how you can judge somebody's coaching performance in a match like that.

we still cant defend a lead - even against 10 men with 6mins to go. No matter how good our squad will be this season the same crap is going to be dished up with JA in charge.

ALOISI OUT!!!

Did you bother to read some of the articles murfy1 posted? They were saying the conditions were that bad that if it was a regular season game it would've been cancelled. I just don't know how you can judge somebody's coaching performance in a match like that.

Sounds like he wasn't really all that interested in that, more just having another chance to call for JA out.

That's the first game we've played out of Melbourne that we got anything from since December 2011. It's a start. Last year we would have conceded 2 goals on the last 6 minutes. Is Andrea Migliorini on a trial or is he definitely signed as an injury replacement?

There is no T next to his name on the player sheet from yesterday

That's the first game we've played out of Melbourne that we got anything from  since December 2011. It's a start. Last year we would have conceded 2 goals on the last 6 minutes. Is Andrea Migliorini on a trial or is he definitely signed as an injury replacement?

We did get 1 point at Allianz Stadium (SFC) in 2012-13.

But yes, getting anything for us is a win at this rate :)

Edited by Heart_fan

Migliorini - playing, what, Serie C or D? Comes on and shows our blokes how to play immediately. As did Madaschi. That's why I'm keen on Mifsud - someone different from a different background who's got a bit of spark in him.

Sorry, but this is a very strange post.

Firstly, this guy might be the Italian Messi for all I know, but nobody has actually seen him play. He got mentioned in a tweet, from a practice match, that no one attended, and somehow that means he's showing our blokes how to play? Where does that come from? (By the way, I'm pretty sure the Heart twitter guy was in Melbourne just retweeting stuff from the Perth twitter guy, so don't be confused that there was more than one favourable tweet.)

And, apart from surnames beginning with M, what exactly is the common denominator between the Italian guy, Madaschi and Mifsud? One's from the Italian lower leagues, one's an Australian defender playing in Asia, and one's a Maltese striker who's a national hero. They certainly have different backgrounds.

And what happened to last week's hero Ross Archibald?

And what's the exact status of Brent McGrath now? Is he shit because he's never scored a goal, or are we crazy not to have signed him because the 45 minutes people saw of him convinced us he's going to tear the league apart? I can't figure it out, but I'm sure it must be one or the other.

People seem to be very quick to turn any little sign from an unknown triallist into something. Ocassionally, a triallist will be good enough, but most will return to the obscurity they've come from. Yet by some accounts, we've been missing out on stars right under our noses in favour of a bunch of 'list cloggers', who we've at least seen with our own eyes perform at a professional level. (Not including Hoffman.)

And another thing. While it would look better if we were winning, take practice match form with a grain of salt. It's useful to look at the these games to judge the style we're trying to implement. But the players (apart from the triallists who are playing their guts out to earn a contract) are tuning up for the start of the season, getting match fitness into their legs, getting accustomed to playing together, and to tactics. Yesterday probably had limited value because of the conditions, but on the plus side, we got through a game without injury and gave players like Kisnorbo some time in their new positions. The real stuff starts in October.

Edited by Sash
  • Like 2

The real stuff starts in October but to think the preseason doesn't mean anything is a bit naive I think. Heart have been shit in the preseason three years in a row and have been shit in the season proper three years in a row. Nice little pattern that. I hope this season is different but people being worried is fair enough I think. 

• Like 1

Migliorini - playing, what, Serie C or D? Comes on and shows our blokes how to play immediately. As did Madaschi. That's why I'm keen on Mifsud - someone different from a different background who's got a bit of spark in him.

Firstly, this guy might be the Italian Messi for all I know, but nobody has actually seen him play. He got mentioned in a tweet, from a practice match, that no one attended, and somehow that means he's showing our blokes how to play? Where does that come from? (By the way, I'm pretty sure the Heart twitter guy was in Melbourne just retweeting stuff from the Perth twitter guy, so don't be confused that there was more than one favourable tweet.)

And, apart from surnames beginning with M, what exactly is the common denominator between the Italian guy, Madaschi and Mifsud? One's from the Italian lower leagues, one's an Australian defender playing in Asia, and one's a Maltese striker who's a national hero. They certainly have different backgrounds.

And what's the exact status of Brent McGrath now? Is he shit because he's never scored a goal, or are we crazy not to have signed him because the 45 minutes people saw of him convinced us he's going to tear the league apart? I can't figure it out, but I'm sure it must be one or the other.

People seem to be very quick to turn any little sign from an unknown triallist into something. Ocassionally, a triallist will be good enough, but most will return to the obscurity they've come from. Yet by some accounts, we've been missing out on stars right under our noses in favour of a bunch of 'list cloggers', who we've at least seen with our own eyes perform at a professional level. (Not including Hoffman.)

And another thing. While it would look better if we were winning, take practice match form with a grain of salt. It's useful to look at the these games to judge the style we're trying to implement. But the players (apart from the triallists who are playing their guts out to earn a contract) are tuning up for the start of the season, getting match fitness into their legs, getting accustomed to playing together, and to tactics. Yesterday probably had limited value because of the conditions, but on the plus side, we got through a game without injury and gave players like Kisnorbo some time in their new positions. The real stuff starts in October.

Madaschi was actually playing Serie C before he came to us. Hence my reference to him in the context of Migliorini. And Mifsud? Precisely as you say - someone different, from a different background and unquestionably has played at the highest level - 99 internationals IIRC.

And Archibald? I don't think my post referred to him, but if you want to know I did actually see him at Oakleigh and IMO he had a really good game when he came on in the second half. Did you go?

And of course people are hoping for triallists to perform. They don't particularly want MHFC to end up 9th on the table like last season.

Madaschi was actually playing Serie C before he came to us. Hence my reference to him in the context of Migliorini. And Mifsud? Precisely as you say - someone different, from a different background and unquestionably has played at the highest level - 99 internationals IIRC.

And Archibald? I don't think my post referred to him, but if you want to know I did actually see him at Oakleigh and IMO he had a really good game when he came on in the second half. Did you go?

And of course people are hoping for triallists to perform. They don't particularly want MHFC to end up 9th on the table like last season.

Can't wait for "Misfud, who currently plays for Melbourne Heart in the Australian league, reached his 100th international cap last night against the Czech Republic"

...Everyone in Malta will know about our club!

Can't wait for "Misfud, who currently plays for Melbourne Heart in the Australian league, reached his 100th international cap last night against the Czech Republic"

...Everyone in Malta will know about our club!

My family in Malta alreayd know about our club.

Never stop going on about it when ever im up there lol

What the fuck was that redders... never do i want to see him concede from that distance so easily ever again

They were playing in a gale to be fair, the ball could have gone anywhere.

Was about to say that, the conditions were just dreadful for keepers. Unless Velaphi's shit goalkeeping is contagious i wouldn't worry too much.

I just want to know if the team that will be playing on Sunday is just a youth team, seeing the proper team should be playing on Friday. Frankston is a long way to go!

Considering we have a Full Squad of 25 now,

I reckon there will have to be a few senior players that will have to have a run on the Sunday game as they cant all get a good final hitout on the Friday.